Photos from Crystal Serenity’s cruise out of Venice for Media and TAs

Stickman1990

29 minutes ago, lovet2travel said:

The posted Reflections notes production show starting at 10:30 pm. Do they generally start so late?

The start times will vary based on overall occupancy, specifics for the day.

This is a TA and Media cruise so times take into account all of this.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Amazing photos! Thanks for posting!

Someone earlier mentioned (possibly in another thread?) that their TA onboard was complaining that the dessert offerings were not very good.

I just perused these menus and they look incredible to me! I cannot imagine what more someone would want in the dessert offerings. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

The all important toiletries 

IMG_2176.thumb.jpeg.5fa2ec2ea7706ddcbfad171dc98a4312.jpeg

Say what you will about Etro, but at least it was easy to tell which was the shampoo vs the conditioner vs the shower gel -- by the color of the packaging.  Even without your glasses.

And those small caps are problematic.

Hey....gotta complain about something.....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

Say what you will about Etro, but at least it was easy to tell which was the shampoo vs the conditioner vs the shower gel -- by the color of the packaging.  Even without your glasses.

I gotta agree about the caps - it doesn't look like they would be standing up for very long once the ship is at sea! 😉

38 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

Amazing photos! Thanks for posting!

Someone earlier mentioned (possibly in another thread?) that their TA onboard was complaining that the dessert offerings were not very good.

I just perused these menus and they look incredible to me! I cannot imagine what more someone would want in the dessert offerings. 

I think that he was referring to the first  nights dinner offerings.

2 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Over on FB someone posted that the wifi is now Starlink.  Very positive development.

Yes they implemented this. It was mentioned but not highlighted so easily missed.

Good you posted this again.

Keith

So is that the standard included Wi-Fi or extra charge Wi-Fi?

Below is from the Before you sail Guide:

Internet & Wi–Fi Access
Complimentary Internet and Wi-Fi access is available onboard throughout the ship. Crystal encourages you to bring your own devices with you
for use during your voyage. Once on board, please connect to Crystal’s complimentary Wi–Fi. Certain applications (apps) available on personal phones and other devices are satellite dependent and thus subject to interrupted availability.

***Additional Wi-Fi packages are available for purchase once onboard.
· Professional internet - Increased speeds for conducting business while on board.
· Exceptional Internet - Increased speeds for enhanced app performance.

19 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Over on FB someone posted that the wifi is now Starlink.  Very positive development.

It is! We have Starlink on our boat, and we get excellent service even when we are many miles offshore. It's been a major development in the live-aboard cruiser's world. We used to rely on clunky sat phone services such as IridiumGo or Inreach when we were in transit. Now we have full internet connectivity no matter where we are. I may not be much of a Musk fan, but I'm definitely all in for Starlink!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I think that he was referring to the first  nights dinner offerings.

Well they looked awesome! And I have a hard time imagining that they only had decent desserts on the first night. They do have a pastry chef.

And of course, as others have pointed out, there's always ice cream. 😉 

4 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

I was thinking the same thing.  People who can easily read small print without their glasses don’t know how helpful different colored bottles are!  

36 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

I have a question regarding the pictures,  The Aquamarine bathroom shows a very small shower enclosure...is this true, or just a photo perspective?

The one set of Aquamarine photos above were of the Classic (original) with both a tub and a shower. The 2018 and 2023 iterations do not have a tub but a much larger shower.

40 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

The one set of Aquamarine photos above were of the Classic (original) with both a tub and a shower. The 2018 and 2023 iterations do not have a tub but a much larger shower.

Thanks, Texas Tillie!

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to browse through these photos. Thanks to everyone who took them and posted them. Looks lovely throughout. If I have one nit to pick it would be the preponderance of armless, low back, almost utilitarian-looking seating in the public and dining spaces. Some did not look at all inviting or comfortable.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Robisan said:

Finally got a chance to browse through these photos. Thanks to everyone who took them and posted them. Looks lovely throughout. If I have one nit to pick it would be the preponderance of armless, low back, almost utilitarian-looking seating in the public and dining spaces. Some did not look at all inviting or comfortable.

Totally agree.  Chairs look cheap and uncomfortable.  I hope I am wrong.  

2 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Totally agree.  Chairs look cheap and uncomfortable.  I hope I am wrong.  

That style is 'hip and in'.  Anyone who doesn't like it is a hopelessly dated unstylish and biased senior.  That would include me 🙂

I prefer heavily cushioned seats with arm rests.

However, much as I dislike such spartan chairs, cruising isn't just about the chairs (despite my not being as fit as some posters here).    The chair status is just one small contributing factor.  

Itinerary remains #1 for me, and #2 is whether or not I will have daily battles and headaches getting basic service in restaurants and at guest services  (i.e., if I will have to be a VIP ot travel agent to enjoy my cruise).

I like mixing and matching my cruise lines, and it is wonderful to have so many choices.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

That style is 'hip and in'.  Anyone who doesn't like it is a hopelessly dated unstylish and biased senior.  That would include me 🙂

I prefer heavily cushioned seats with arm rests.

However, much as I dislike such spartan chairs, cruising isn't just about the chairs (despite my not being as fit as some posters here).    The chair status is just one small contributing factor.  

Itinerary remains #1 for me, and #2 is whether or not I will have daily battles and headaches getting basic service in restaurants and at guest services  (i.e., if I will have to be a VIP ot travel agent to enjoy my cruise).

I like mixing and matching my cruise lines, and it is wonderful to have so many choices.

Given that a large proportion of guests may be seniors many of whom may have dodgy knees it is therefore important to have arm rests as support when sitting down and getting up.  Crystal may have put design ahead of practicality.        

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Some excellent photos,thanks Stickman for posting.

I do find some of the decor too busy amd dated in some suites amd areas.

The patterned carpet is very dated now when you look at newer ships.

Agree, some areas look dated, and not very stylish, especially staterooms, but some public areas look lovely. Hope the bed linens aren’t as crumpled as they look!😂  Food, drinks and menus look super though. Joining in two weeks

Edited by gaspari
Typo

My advice is to judge all of this after you board the ship.  

Maybe it's me but I am tinkled to pink that Crystal is sailing again and so very excited at all I have heard and read from those on-board right now.  It wasn't that long ago when we didn't even know if Crystal would ever sail again.  If a chair is not so comfortable we will make do or sit somewhere else and be so happy that Crystal is back with so many things we have enjoyed.

Today we already ran into four friends who we have not seen since 2019 and 2020 respectively.  We are thrilled that we will return to the cruise line we adore, sail with friends some of whom we have known for years, sail with the amazing Crystal Crew, and enjoy many amenities that the ship offers.

We are ready to go and will have the best time no matter what chair we sit in. JMO.

Keith 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1