Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

3 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

Please let's keep this topic going for another 20 pages. Maybe it will surpass the shorts in the dining room  and gratuity discussion thread.

Speaking of shorts, I have witnessed with my own eyes people in the Cafe Promenade getting coffee in shorts!  I also noticed the ones that wanted half and half did not tip! 

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was only on the 2nd of my 3 cups of morning coffee so I didn't have the energy to get my outrage into high gear😁

If you stop diluting your coffee with half & half you wouldn't have to drink so much to wake up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

So this prompted me to look up what FF HH actually is.  DW is not going to be happy... 

"Half-and-half math is simple: whole milk plus cream. The fat-free version requires some more advanced calculations, however. “It typically replaces the milk fat with corn syrup and thickeners,” says Julia Zumpano, an RD at Cleveland Clinic's Heart and Vascular Institute.

This sounds horribly unhealthy!

The fat free version sounds like RCI's soft serve ice cream. Now, let's talk about deception......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Ingredients

Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup, Milk (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Contains Less than 1% of: Artificial Color (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Sugar, Sodium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono and Diglycerides (Adds a Trivial Amount of Fat), Carrageenan, Natural Flavor (an Ingredient Not Found in Regular Half and Half), Vitamin A Palmitate.

Ingredient Label from Fat Free Half and Half. Notice the main ingredient is Nonfat Milk. Skim Milk is just another name for Nonfat Milk. So yes, you are correct. It is Skim Milk with other junk added. Marketing puffery by adding "half and half" to the name, when no actual half and half was used in the production of this product.

So how much exactly comes from a cow 🐄?!

Looks like a load of chemical additives to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I wonder how long we can milk this topic for. 

It might be past its expiration date as it seems to have left a sour taste with some people.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, azureblue50 said:

May 24th Vision of the Seas, main dinning room.  Are you sure those lumps were lobster as our waiter stated it tasted like lobster but was NOT.  His words, not mine.

We have eaten lobster many times and it tasted like lobster to us, 100%.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

OK, I will tell you what a cow's favorite entertainment is when they cruise RC..... some might think this is a lie....................

It's mooooooooovies!

Well, since you went there, when a cow goes on a cruise and it want's to give a crew member a little extra - like candy -  in addition to the standard cash tip, what type of candy will it give?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Well, since you went there, when a cow goes on a cruise and it want's to give a crew member a little extra - like candy -  in addition to the standard cash tip, what type of candy will it give?

A Milky Way bar😄

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

OK, I will tell you what a cow's favorite entertainment is when they cruise RC..... some might think this is a lie....................

It's mooooooooovies!

And when they are on the dance floor they have mooves like Jagger.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’m on Allure now as well and one thing that I find humorous is the butter rationing. The metal tin on your table used to be crammed full of butter pats. 
Now the max seems to be 3. And if you use those you have to ask for more. They begrudgingly take the tin and bring it back with 2 more. 
Was there a problem with people stuffing their purses with butter??  

Are they still right out of the freezer??

On 7/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

We don't know whether this particular incident was intentional and ongoing or whether it was a mistake that happened once -- the real question is whether it's a pattern.  

What bothers me more is the cutbacks in housekeeping coupled with the increase in gratuities.  And cutback on food in the MDR -- refusing to bring two appetizers at once, for example.  

Just on the Quantum with 9 of us and NO ONE was refused 2,3,4 appetizers at the same time.  Also on the Wonder in January and also no refusals on extra appetizers.  

Edited by gonole1972

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Milk Duds, I guess, if lyin' corporate cow? (PS - I grew up in dairy country and loved cows! Still do. Amazing eyes.)

Edited by Etta1213
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Milk Duds, I guess, if lyin' corporate cow? (PS - I grew up in dairy country and loved cows! Still do. Amazing eyes.)

Oh, that's a great answer too! Never thought of it 

I remember visiting the best dairy farm in the world one time. Seriously.  It was Legen-dairy!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3