Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

11 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

If it makes you feel any better the same thing happens when we go to landbased resorts in the Caribbean.  We were in Jamaica two weeks ago, "May I have some half and half for my coffee, please?"  I was brought milk.  "Ma'am, may I have some cream for my coffee, please?" I was brought...you guessed it, milk.  I do not think half and half is as popular everywhere and sometimes it is more of a misunderstanding/difference than anything.  The staff kept saying, "Milk?" when I asked for anything else.  It happens, it is coffee, I survived it.

Half and half does not exist anywhere apart from the USA.

In the rest of the world people put milk in their coffee. 

I had never heard of it: assumed it was half normal milk, half skimmed milk… but then I put it in my tea 🤢 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

I had never heard of it: assumed it was half normal milk, half skimmed milk… but then I put it in my tea 🤢 

What actually is half and half please?? I assumed it was semi skimmed milk but that seems to be incorrect

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alfaeric said:

The people you call crazy are probably royal fans who don’t worry about this. So they will continue to book. 

So the people that are bothered by this should move on, thus lowering the demand and therefore cruise fares. And saving the “crazy” people who defend Royal money. 

it’s not hard. 

That's so not going to happen. Ridiculous. Laughable. These rates are here to stay. Deal with it. Lol.

18 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

According to #96 it is half cream and half milk.

Oh thank you I hadn't read every page. Hope the OP never comes to the UK if they can't handle life without it 😆

Although I guess you could make your own by buying cream and milk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

What actually is half and half please?? I assumed it was semi skimmed milk but that seems to be incorrect

No, it half cream/ half full fat milk 🥴… and even worse it comes in little uht cartons so it isn’t even fresh stuff!! 
Best avoided! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Do you remember the old glass milk bottles with the foil lids you used to get from the milkman left on your doorstep? I think it was the blue lid and when first opened the top cm or so was a like a dollop of cream then full fat milk below. You had to get it quick before the birds pecked through the foil to get at the cream. 🤣

But yeah half and half, not for me so not bothered by royal not having it. 🤷. But essential they label things correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

I don't understand what your point is, or what solution you may have. 

No disrespect but a lot of us are just happy to be on a ship and would get some Bailey's Irish cream. 

I don't understand what your point is. No idea what half & half and Bayley's have to do with each other. Neither have I any idea where I'd get it at 5 AM even if I wanted it. 

And, if everyone is happy to just be on a ship then there are plenty of further cutbacks that RCI can probably get away with. I do have a few expectations besides just finding a ship at the other end of the gangway.

• Like 8

No, it half cream/ half full fat milk 🥴… and even worse it comes in little uht cartons so it isn’t even fresh stuff!! 
Best avoided! 

Oh sounds nasty and also pretty bad for you if having it regularly!

My husband does sometimes like cream in his coffee if we have some left from baking but its actual real single cream from the fridge

We noticed on our last two cruises that there was no H&H anywhere either, and that was months ago, I just thought that those two ships ran out. We usually have our morning coffee in the D lounge, but we did notice in the WJ, that the H&H container wasn’t there at all. For both cruises, different ships. And not in the D lounge either.

We use H&H at home because we use less so the coffee stays hotter……we have no problem using milk, but we absolutely know the difference….. we can see it and taste it, like the OP.

BTW, we haven’t noticed any shortage here of H&H……I wouldn’t believe that’s the reason.

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm hoping when they finally turn a profit they will lighten up a bit on the cost cutting.

Why would they do that? They are finding out how much they can charge, cut, and get away with. I don't see that changing. When cruising restarted RCI was falling all over C&A people as we were the folks heading back to the ships and bringing in some cash flow when other viewed ships like the plague. Now RCI gives you a studio cabin when you paid a single supplement and did nothing to make things right. That is probably one of the more aggregious actions on their part that I have read in a while. I still can't get past that they did something like that. Price hikes and cutbacks will continue until RCI finds the tipping point.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Oh sounds nasty and also pretty bad for you if having it regularly!

My husband does sometimes like cream in his coffee if we have some left from baking but its actual real single cream from the fridge

Exactly - very fattening and unhealthy ! 

Cream in coffee always reminds me of the 1970s/80s when you were served it when you went out to dinner - a real luxury and a treat to a child! 

65% of milk sold here is skimmed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

When you're done with you're "dirty dishes" from room service you're supposed to call them and they will come and get them...do not leave them in the hallway.

Somehow it is more cost effective to have loads of cabins calling at random times to have dirty dishes taken away than to have a time when saff makes rounds to remove them in bulk?

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Make sure he takes the ear buds out of his ears first.😄

I've been following some of the trip on another social media  Curious how many times he will have his picture taken with passengers by the end of the week😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I thought the Op is on the Presidents cruise…that’s the way I read the post.

You are correct.  It's clear in the original post. 

We don't use cream or milk in our coffee.  Although my late MIL was Puerto Rican and they made cafe con leche to cut the bitterness of the strong coffee they drank. They drank coffee with milk and it was very sweet with sugar their entire lives only because that's how they grew up.  She would make Cafe Bustelo every day and pour some into a pan with milk and heat it to drink it all during the day.   But, half and half was never part of the deal.  It was always full fat milk.

Edited by BND

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Make sure he takes the ear buds out of his ears first.😄

And be careful not to get impaled by the massive diamond and gold logo anchor on a chain* he’s been wearing.  

*$39,000 and soon to be available for sale on all ships. 

• Haha 2

Best avoided! 

Some types come in cartons just like milk does.

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I've been following some of the trip on another social media  Curious how many times he will have his picture taken with passengers by the end of the week😇

You would not find me in that line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RyderJ201 said:

That's so not going to happen. Ridiculous. Laughable. These rates are here to stay. Deal with it. Lol.

The rates will stay as long as people will pay.  If people stop cruising, they'll drop rates to fill the ship (or try to add "value").  No different than any other product on the market.  

51 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes, maybe one of these times, he’ll actually smile.  Of course, I haven’t seen all of them. . . 

• Haha 1