Complainers. Why?

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

PRAGMATIC: dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations

So another way of saying, "it is what it is"  and that is simple.  I call it a good attitude.

If we said "it is what it is" to everything, nothing would ever improve or change. And it's that simple.

• Like 5

But milk isn't of any concern to me whatsoever............There are plenty of things that are important to me and it doesn't look like griping is helping in those areas at all!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Well, then that tells you the value of cruisers raising concerns about problems.  

If people don't complain, nothing will improve.  Remember-these are companies that are obsessed with getting a 10 of 10 rating from their customers.

This is perfect.

For those who have an issue with creamer versus milk, on every Post Cruise Survey, give a zero because your dining expectations have been ruined.

The lack of cream might be resolved quite quickly with that score of zero on a wide basis. However, I think they’ll only be a few people that it bother so much to do that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is perfect.

For those who have an issue with creamer versus milk, on every Post Cruise Survey, give a zero because your dining expectations have been ruined.

The lack of cream might be resolved quite quickly with that score of zero on a wide basis. However, I think they’ll only be a few people that it bother so much to do that. 

That would unfairly affect the entire dining staff for a corporate decision.  But I do agree that making a comment in the survey is the way to go--as well as complaining to guest services.  I also think that threads like this can make a difference.  People who disagree are free to scroll past.

I don't drink so could care less about what liquors are available.  But if you pay for the premium package and see that they are substituting rotgut for Jack Daniels, I think you have a right to complain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RyderJ201 said:

If we said "it is what it is" to everything, nothing would ever improve or change. And it's that simple.

I find that to be pretty short sided. For instance, the milk issue probably would have been dealt with talking to someone. 

Like most things, wisdom will tell you which ones can be dealt with by talking to someone vs the issues that can’t be solved in the near future.  

And I’ve seen plenty of Beckyboos posts that she would bring up issues while sailing vs immediately coming to CC to proclaim that RCI are a bunch of cheats and liers because they ran out of half and half one day at the park cafe. 

BTW, a poster who supplies a rational explanation or “that’s never happened to me” are not simpletons. Or cheerleaders. They, like complainers, offer an alternate opinion. 

6 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

I find that to be pretty short sided. For instance, the milk issue probably would have been dealt with talking to someone. 

Like most things, wisdom will tell you which ones can be dealt with by talking to someone vs the issues that can’t be solved in the near future.  

And I’ve seen plenty of Beckyboos posts that she would bring up issues while sailing vs immediately coming to CC to proclaim that RCI are a bunch of cheats and liers because they ran out of half and half one day at the park cafe. 

BTW, a poster who supplies a rational explanation or “that’s never happened to me” are not simpletons. Or cheerleaders. They, like complainers, offer an alternate opinion. 

I'm not talking about milk. I'm talking about life. Big picture. We cannot improve the world in any way with the attitude "it is what it is". Life, Nobody gets out alive. That's the only "it is what it is". Everything else is worth questioning to possibly improve on. Tomorrow is a chance to do it better.

12 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

No, like I said. Someone who is happy with everything, all the time. 

9 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

I'm not talking about milk. I'm talking about life. Big picture. We cannot improve the world in any way with the attitude "it is what it is". Life, Nobody gets out alive. That's the only "it is what it is". Everything else is worth questioning to possibly improve on. Tomorrow is a chance to do it better.

So am I, the milk is just an example of an issue that can be dealt with quickly and without proclaiming that the world is falling down. 

And if only see death as the only issue you can’t do anything about, ok. Who do you complain about the weather about?  And do you really think steel ships in a salt water are immune to rust?  There are plenty of things in life that are useless to complain or even worry about other than death. But that also takes the knowledge and wisdom that acceptance isn’t the same as being happy. 

• Like 2

We've had 2 below par experiences with Royal Caribbean over the past 22 years and more than 3 dozen cruises between R/C, X, HAL and NCL.

Our first was a lazy complaining room steward about 19 years ago.

Did this ruin our cruise? Not in the least, it actually was entertaining to see how he took shortcuts each day to do as little as possible.

The second was on the day before COVID shut down the cruise industry. A brutally long wait outdoors in frigid temperatures at the Baltimore port. On the same cruise we had a faulty HVAC system that was temperamental in both cold and hot weather and a suite veranda door that wanted to open whenever the ship hit a swell. On the same cruise the meal we were served in CHOPS was not worth ten cents and was pretty bad.

Did this ruin our cruise? Not in the least. It was treated as an adventure and gave us a better appreciation of all the good things over the years that we experienced and were provided on the Royal Caribbean ships, and by the crews who took such good care of us..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

So am I, the milk is just an example of an issue that can be dealt with quickly and without proclaiming that the world is falling down. 

And if only see death as the only issue you can’t do anything about, ok. Who do you complain about the weather about?  And do you really think steel ships in a salt water are immune to rust?  There are plenty of things in life that are useless to complain or even worry about other than death. But that also takes the knowledge and wisdom that acceptance isn’t the same as being happy. 

I don't know we cannot come up with a way to control the weather. I'm not a scientist. 

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I can tell you they do indeed pay attention to these boards, I spoke with Laly Rodrigues about that and she said  "Yes, I noticed that", so even the head of Customer Services company wide at least gets reports from a flunky about it.

So weird you quoted words I never posted.  

21 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

I am not sure kids situation can be compared to cruiselines... even more particular cruiseline.

If I suspected that business was lying to me as in some accusations I would just drop this business all together and use another. I am not married to business... and especially it is not my child. With kids who I cannot just drop I would try to change things.

On 7/26/2023 at 4:04 PM, NateUpNorth said:

Sometimes I complain about the things my kids do..... doesn't mean I want them out of my life or to trade for new ones.......

Thank You .!!! I have been trying to come up with a real world example that some of the cheerleaders might be able to understand ! 

Yes , 100% , some people just live to B!**h and moan . But many others (myself included) go on every cruise KNOWING I will have a GREAT time , despite whatever negatives I may encounter ... And I will encounter negatives , just as anywhere else in life .

I have had many subpar experiences dining in my hometown... even at my favorite restaurant . And I've told my friends about them sometimes.... And it's still my favorite restaurant !!

Cheers 

• Like 2

Complainers complaining about complainers who are complaining about 1/2 and 1/2.  

I think I'd find something really earth-shattering to complain about like mushrooms and/or asparagus!  

• Haha 4

Before retirement I was in charge of Food & Beverage and Housekeeping in a large hotel, 700 rooms.

It never ceased to amaze me how many people would start complaining moments after arrival, usually to get something for nothing.

Clearly if you order a rare steak and receive well done that’s a legitimate complaint that should be immediately rectified.

I’m talking about endless nit picking BUT the same people returning week after week, that’s what I never understood and don’t get about cruise complaints.

If it’s that bad, go elsewhere.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 2:54 PM, Jt4428 said:

Just really curious why all the complainers and people who think that RC lied, blah blah blah, why they still cruise with them? If it's so bad give your money elsewhere.

The world is full of complainers and this board is “ cc”.

I think everyone over uses their “freedom of speech”.  Besides, complaining on line is  easier than face to face.

I think the creamer issue is a bit much and easy to handle in person

On 7/26/2023 at 2:35 PM,  A&L_Ont said: 

I said the following on the thread… “how much longer can we milk the topic”. 

Til the cows come home?

They have come home and are waiting for the end of the thread. Some are so tired of the comments they decided to take a nap.

image.png.b903f48f13f597d520073b6277b11287.png image.png.da3039299b0a2b90441016a171b31fc9.png

Joke of the day. Where would you find a cow with no legs?....

Right where you left it. 

• Haha 2