Impossible to get through to P&O

jrphotog

Currently trying to call P&O, on a Monday mid afternoon, been on hold for 55 minutes so far!

We have an upcoming cruise on Arvia, and it's also our first ever cruise. Having paid many thousands of pounds I'm pretty angry that they don't even answer the phone - not a great way to start what i was hoping would be a fantastic holiday. If the on-board service is as bad as this it might be the first and last time we sail with P&O.

Very frustrating. If you eventually decide to give up, when you call back select the option for making a new booking. They will answer much quicker and, unless things have changed, it will be the same people that you will currently be on hold for! Also, first thing in the morning, as soon as the lines open, is usually much quicker to get an answer. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 4

This is why I always recommend people use a Cruise TA: they deal with all your enquiries instead. 

In my experience the service on board is a 1000 times better than land based.

Is there anything we on here can help with? 

I have said it for many years, way before Covid, that P&O are like 2 different companies land based and sea based. Fortunately sea based is far better and the reason why I always book with a TA and not direct because there land based service is awful.

Yes P & O are execrable on terms of answering phones, let alone responding in a timely and effective manner when emailed. Oh, and the guff and spin they like to spout. Mind you, others are similar. This is also why we go directly with a TA and every time any queries or issues have been dealt with superbly. 

7 hours ago, jrphotog said:

Currently trying to call P&O, on a Monday mid afternoon, been on hold for 55 minutes so far!

We have an upcoming cruise on Arvia, and it's also our first ever cruise. Having paid many thousands of pounds I'm pretty angry that they don't even answer the phone - not a great way to start what i was hoping would be a fantastic holiday. If the on-board service is as bad as this it might be the first and last time we sail with P&O.

We always look up what time the lines open in the mornings and make sure we are on the phone then.  Never had a real wait at that time.

Edited by tring

On 7/31/2023 at 10:50 PM, tring said:

We always look up what time the lines open in the mornings and make sure we are on the phone then.  Never had a real wait at that time.

I was on the phone just after 8.30 this morning and thy said there was an hour wait, gave up after a while, same with this afternoon and just now. Hopeless. Takes your money and then disappears.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:10 PM, Selbourne said:

Very frustrating. If you eventually decide to give up, when you call back select the option for making a new booking. They will answer much quicker and, unless things have changed, it will be the same people that you will currently be on hold for!

I had to do that this this afternoon after I booked by telephone ( had to do this to get BLC onboard credit) when they had created another pensinular number for my husband.  No longer is option 1,2,3 etc but a voice asking why I was calling which couldn't understand me saying 'a query about new booking'. Then had the cheek to say were very busy and ring back another day! On saying new booking it rang and was  answered almost immediately 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Book bug said:

I had to do that this this afternoon after I booked by telephone ( had to do this to get BLC onboard credit) when they had created another pensinular number for my husband.  No longer is option 1,2,3 etc but a voice asking why I was calling which couldn't understand me saying 'a query about new booking'. Then had the cheek to say were very busy and ring back another day! On saying new booking it rang and was  answered almost immediately 

If P&O don't teach the AI  bot some customer service manners, they could soon find their ships only have AI passengers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If P&O don't teach the AI  bot some customer service manners, they could soon find their ships only have AI passengers.

I had a phone call from my NCL personal cruise consultant. She gave me her DD number and asked me to call if I needed any information about the UK cruises I had been looking at. I wonder if she is ex P&O ?.🤣

• Haha 1

Long time lurker but decided to sign up as this topic is very close to my heart today. Need to make an ammendment to my book. 90 mins I was on hold for until I gave up! Nightmare. And there is no way to make ammendments on line. That AI lady is creepy as well.

• Like 1

The advice is to try and phone first thing in the morning as soon as they have opened or in the afternoon near closing. However I know that isn't always possible. 

I spent over 3 hours on hold trying to order a surprise birthday cake to be sent to a cabin. I finally got though on the last day I could book anything from the gift brochure (has to be done by 3 days prior to sailing). It took me a while to work out which options to choose and what to say to actually get through or be put on hold. The first call got cut off after it told me the TA can book it for me!

Once the phone was answered, the call lasted all of 10 minutes more. I must say that once you get to tak to someone they are normally very efficient and helpful. My parents were on a b2b and their future cruise OBC was not added to their account (this was meant to be on the first cruise). They went to the loyalty desk who told them there was nothing they could do, and it would be on the account if they were entitled to it, and reception couldn't help.

They let me know on their last port day so I phoned P&O and a very nice lady looked into their account and saw that the OBC was there and should have been added and added it to their next cruise. Again, it took no more then 15 minutes to sort. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IAASA345 said:

Long time lurker but decided to sign up as this topic is very close to my heart today. Need to make an ammendment to my book. 90 mins I was on hold for until I gave up! Nightmare. And there is no way to make ammendments on line. That AI lady is creepy as well.

Totally agree, she is creepy. I had the same issue,  have posted above #8 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, maz48 said:

Try messaging on their Facebook page. Had a pretty quick reply that way.

I phoned this morning at exactly 8.30.  Now have a 15 minute wait.

which has turned into 30 so far.

Edited by Dinglebert

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

I phoned this morning at exactly 8.30.  Now have a 15 minute wait.

which has turned into 30 so far..

It is so annoying. I hope you have already got through, or will do very soon. These companies need to take on more call centre folk. I guess they just don't care enough about their customers.

20 minutes ago, maz48 said:

It is so annoying. I hope you have already got through, or will do very soon. These companies need to take on more call centre folk. I guess they just don't care enough about their customers.

The current vacancy list doesn't seem to include call centre staff.  Interestingly they appear to be looking for lots of onboard kitchen staff including chefs and butchers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bin man said:

Due to a company event they have closed early today so no chance to speak to anybody .Good job it's not urgent 

They obviously don't need any more business, perhaps all of their cruises on all of their ships are sold out to happy people who never have questions that need answering and waiting lists are full so no need to answer any phone calls.