Casual Dining - Fixed Price Menus and A La Carte Charges

dides

On 8/2/2023 at 8:02 AM, rosevew said:

They haven't served any food in Vines since Covid on either Sky or Regal. The offerings now only seem to be crudites, charcuterie board and a dessert, not exactly a meal.

We had tapas in Vines on Regal in June but only after 5.30 pm. A couple had burger and chips delivered which kind of (for us) ruined the ambience of a wine bar!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wanderers2 said:

We have a similar sort of question. We would normally order 1 salad & 1 Pizza & share it. 
Could we now just order 1 x 3 course meal & share that 🤔🤔🤔

I was speaking with a rep from Princess who is in a higher up position.  I asked if we could order one pizza to share and she confirmed that it would be $12 total. Not sure about your question.

11 hours ago, Insomniacs said:

We are booked on the Majestic Princess for September.  We have the Plus package.  If we go into Alfredo's for a snack and order just one pizza to share will that count against one person's casual dining limit or will it count for both of us since we are both in the dining area sharing a pizza?  Or will they just not let the other person sit at the table?

• Like 2

I see there are two packages that Princess offers, one for $60, and the other for $80 per day.

With the $60 package, it says there are 2 casual dining dinners. What are the names of these places if you know?

With the $80 package, it says there are 2 specialty dining dinners. What are the names of these places if you know?

I see the $80 package is the ONLY one that handles the photos, or if a person wants to purchase a picture, is done with the "individual" price per picture?

19 hours ago, palolake said:

I was speaking with a rep from Princess who is in a higher up position.  I asked if we could order one pizza to share and she confirmed that it would be $12 total. Not sure about your question.

I think the question is if a couple who has the Plus package orders one MEAL (appetizer, pizza, dessert) to share will that count as one of their 4 (2 each) or, because there are 2 people would they count it as 2 of their 4?

I had the same question. I usually eat the app and the dessert and my husband eats the pizza.

Time will tell.

Edited by chamima

5 hours ago, beshears said:

I see there are two packages that Princess offers, one for $60, and the other for $80 per day.

With the $60 package, it says there are 2 casual dining dinners. What are the names of these places if you know?

All the casual dining places are listed in the table on this thread

• Like 1

These vary by ship. Royal Class ships have Alfredo's/GiGi's as do the Grand and Sapphire. Princess is making changes on their ships regarding casual dining locations

With the $80 package, it says there are 2 specialty dining dinners. What are the names of these places if you know?

These also vary by ship. All ships have the Crown Grill. Most, not all, ships have Sabatini's.

Suggest you review the deck plans on the Princess web site for the ship you are planning to book. Specialty and casual dining locations are shown. These are subject to change as Princess introduces additional casual dining locations. Within the past week Princess has removed their dining guide PDF from their web site. It is undergoing changes. Hopefully it will return.

2 hours ago, chamima said:

I think the question is if a couple who has the Plus package orders one MEAL (appetizer, pizza, dessert) to share will that count as one of their 4 (2 each) or, because there are 2 people would they count it as 2 of their 4?

I had the same question. I usually eat the app and the dessert and my husband eats the pizza.

Time will tell.

My take on this is that it is not a cover charge, it's a fixed price menu. In any normal restaurant you can order 1 appetiser and share it and only be charged for one appetiser. So I'd strongly argue that ordering one fixed price meal counts as one hit against the included credits. What I then choose to do with that meal is up to me - I could ask for it to be boxed to take away, I could eat it all myself or I could share it with another guest. 

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, dides said:

Hi All,  I thought I'd try summarise all the Casual Dining options with their new fixed price menus, a la carte charges and what is included in the cover charge in one place. Please provide any corrections and updates as you come across them.

Venue (with

menu for logged

in users)

A la carte
charges

$14.99 cover
charge includes

Ships

Alfredo’s

Alfredos 2.pdf 926.32 kB · 382 downloads

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Pasta $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Sky Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Alfredo’s –

reduced menu

Alfredos 1.pdf 600.57 kB · 150 downloads

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza
1 x Dessert

Coral Princess
Grand Princess
Island Princess
Sapphire Princess

GiGis

GiGis.pdf 926.21 kB · 130 downloads

Appetizer $5
Pizza $12
Pasta $12
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Discovery Princess
Enchanted Princess

Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace.pdf 571.32 kB · 190 downloads

Appetizer $3
Starters $14/$12
Nigiri $5
Sashimi $5
Combis $7/$13
Maki Rolls $5

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri or
Sashimi
2 x Maki Rolls

Discovery Princess
Enchanted Princess
Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Sky Princess

Salty Dog

Gastropub

Salty Dog.pdf 97.41 kB · 180 downloads

Plates $10
Desserts $5

2 x Plates
1 x Dessert

Crown Princess
Emerald Princess
Ruby Princess

Vines

Vines.pdf 818.09 kB · 260 downloads

Crudités $3
Charcuterie
Board $12
Chocolate
Truffles $3

1 x Crudités
1 x Charcuterie
Board
1 x Chocolate
Truffes

Caribbean Princess
Crown Princess
Emerald Princess
Grand Princess
Majestic Princess
Regal Princess
Royal Princess
Ruby Princess
Sapphire Princess
Sky Princess

O’Malley’s

O Malleys.pdf 3.88 MB · 105 downloads

Starters $5
Mains $10
Afters $5

1 x Starter
1 x Main
1 x After

Enchanted Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Kai Sushi

Kai Sushi.pdf 631.92 kB · 39 downloads

Starters $12/$14/$20
Noodles &
Ramen $10-$15
Appetizers $4/$3
Nigiri Sushi $5
Sashimi $5
Maki Rolls $5
Combis $7/$13
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri Sushi
1 x Sashimi
1 x Maki Roll
1 x Dessert

Diamond Princess
Star Princess
Sun Princess

Planks

Planks.pdf 284.97 kB · 117 downloads

Starters $5
Planks $12
Extra Meat $4
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Plank
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

Steamers

Steamers.pdf 459.82 kB · 99 downloads

Starters $5
Steamer $12
Seafood Platter $12
Add Lobster Tail
or Snow Crab $10
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Steamer or
Seafood Platter
1 x Dessert

Caribbean Princess
Emerald Princess

• Note the new appetizer and dessert added to the previously pizza-only menu on Grand and Sapphire (and sea days in Sabatini's on Coral and Island)!
  • Star and Sun are in italics as the menus may change by the time they are launched.

no Vines or other wine venue on SUN P ???

On 8/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, rosevew said:

This is all so badly thought out. Can't eat in Alfredo's for free but can order a free pizza on the app and have it delivered to me anywhere on the ship! Surely it would be cheaper/easier to serve me in Alfredo's?

@rosevew, I started a thread a couple weeks ago regarding NO free pizza on the APP on my Emerald Princess sailing, July 22-29, 2024. I was on the ship 1 month prior and there was ‘free’ pizza. Was told it was implemented on the short cruise over July 4. Also it only had 3 types of Pizza and the cost was $8.50. I believe the names were Amici, Blanco and Duo Parma.

This appears to be the cost of Pizza on the Sapphire according to a recent YouTuber who said he got the Sapphire pizza menu from a passenger who boarded after August 2 when the changes became effective for that ship. 

So I am pretty sure ordering Pizza thru the APP will be $8.50 or more now.

From what I am hearing there are passengers cancelling their cruises or declining to book on Princess because of these changes.  There is some anger about the changes being made to cruises that were booked under previous conditions.  

Charging extra for previously included items after booking and selling these items as now included as a new “benefit” of the Plus and Premium packages does not go down well.

• Like 3

I emailed to complain and this is the response! Clearly, they don't give a damn.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective on our recent Princess Plus and Premier announcement.  Please be assured we have shared your comments with our leadership team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, skynight said:

These vary by ship. Royal Class ships have Alfredo's/GiGi's as do the Grand and Sapphire. Princess is making changes on their ships regarding casual dining locations

These also vary by ship. All ships have the Crown Grill. Most, not all, ships have Sabatini's.

Suggest you review the deck plans on the Princess web site for the ship you are planning to book. Specialty and casual dining locations are shown. These are subject to change as Princess introduces additional casual dining locations. Within the past week Princess has removed their dining guide PDF from their web site. It is undergoing changes. Hopefully it will return.

I believe the speciality restaurants would include

Crown Grill

Sabatini’s

The Catch by Rudi

Sterling Steakhouse

Kai Sushi (Diamond Princess)

Harmony (Majestic Princess)

There may be some others but that would be the main ones 

On 8/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, Cruise Starter said:

From what I am hearing there are passengers cancelling their cruises or declining to book on Princess because of these changes.  There is some anger about the changes being made to cruises that were booked under previous conditions.  

Charging extra for previously included items after booking and selling these items as now included as a new “benefit” of the Plus and Premium packages does not go down well.

All ships seem to be booking just as fast as ever. I am not seeing a lot of open cabins on the most popular cruises like Alaska. The 17 and 22 day itineraries for 2025 just came out and most suites are already gone

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

All ships seem to be booking just as fast as ever. I am not seeing a lot of open cabins on the most popular cruises like Alaska. The 17 and 22 day itineraries for 2025 just came out and most suites are already gone

I bet a lot of people have no idea that the package has changed though. Unless you are on FB or CC, you might not know.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I bet a lot of people have no idea that the package has changed though. Unless you are on FB or CC, you might not know.

I was responding to the poster who claimed people were cancelling cruises   I have not seen any evidence of this. Some cruisers especially newbies may be surprised when they try to use room service or go to Alfredo’s   We saw tons of blue cards trying to argue their way into reserve dining because it was the same dining room. The next few weeks are probably going to see lots of confused people at guest services. I am a little surprised that mass emails were mot sent out

• Like 3

On 8/3/2023 at 3:54 AM, Lady Meer said:

We had tapas in Vines on Regal in June but only after 5.30 pm. A couple had burger and chips delivered which kind of (for us) ruined the ambience of a wine bar!

What is the best pairing for the burger and chips? 

• Haha 2

On 8/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, rosevew said:

I emailed to complain and this is the response! Clearly, they don't give a damn.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective on our recent Princess Plus and Premier announcement.  Please be assured we have shared your comments with our leadership team.

If you are one of many, what other response could they give? If you give them the benefit of the doubt, the leadership team will meet and reevaluate the changes and the response from people like you. Regardless, that is giving some sort of a damn. 

It's interesting, when I try to complete a virtual booking, and i choose my stateroom type (balcony, mini, etc), the description details "complimentary room service." With the careat for charges for balcony dinner, pizza and beverages.  And 'subject to change." I guess the folks with the bar certificates are saying, this covers us just fine. 

On 8/5/2023 at 2:48 AM, Cruise Starter said:

Particularly since Princess haven't even had the decency to email despite full payment having been made and an 'old' Premier package paid for, to advise that the changes have taken place.

Gives me the impression that they don't GAS whether any of us sail with them again or not.

• Like 2