Eden Questions???? I am an Edge-class First-timer, just booked Beyond 8-night ABCs, and I’m confused.

Stem to Stern

I need help.  How does Eden work in the evening?  I don’t want to miss any of the unique shows while sailing for the first time on Beyond.  I want to book a dinner reservation in Eden, but I am not sure what time is good.  Thanks in advance.

1.  What time should I dine in Eden?  Prefer later, but will book earlier to ensure I do not miss the Eden show?

2.  Can I book an 8:30 Eden dinner reservation and stay at my table for the show?  Or do I have to move from my table to a different part of Eden?  

3.  What days and times will the Eden shows be held on an 8-night ABC cruise?  

4.  What time does the DJ start in Eden when there is no show?  I do not want to dine in Eden while a DJ is raging in there.

5.  What are the can’t miss dinner items in Eden?  

6.  Aside from Eden what other shows on Beyond should I not miss?

Any other commentary on all things Eden would be most appreciated.  Thanks again.

The restaurant is on deck 4 and the bar and area with shows is on Deck 5. So no you can’t stay at your table and see the show.

We have been on  5 cruises on E class and the shows/ performers in Eden are at 10 or 10:30.  There are musicians at other times just as there are at other venues around the ship in the evening.  

Check the Celebrity Today schedule which is left in your cabin for the days and times of shows.

The production shows in the Theater have been excellent probably  2 or 3 during your cruise.  The other shows in the theater could be vocalist, comedian, group.  Just check the Today or the app when on board. 

I haven’t seen a DJ in Eden ( not that it hadn’t happened) DJs are generally on the Grand Plaza or The Club.

Try the Eden Cafe  (deck  5) for breakfast and lunch on sea days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think first thing you need to know is that Eden and Eden Restaurant are different things. Same area but different decks. 

Eden Restaurant is fabulous. But it’s fine dining and you want to take your time - easily over 2 hours. Don’t choose a time which makes you rush to a show. It would e a wasted experience and waste of money.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

I haven’t seen a DJ in Eden ( not that it hadn’t happened) DJs are generally on the Grand Plaza or The Club.

Try the Eden Cafe  (deck  5) for breakfast and lunch on sea days.

On the Beyond, the DJ started in Eden at 10 pm and ended at 11 on select nights.    There was also live music (solo or duos) on some evenings.  The production shows  in Eden began either at 10:30 or 11 pm depending on the night.  

The Eden Cafe was open daily for lunch.  

As for dining at the Eden Specialty Restaurant, reservations were at a premium.  Chose an earlier time as there is no assigned seating at the show (not many chairs) and people arrive early to get a good location to see the show.  For dining suggestions, the Nova Scotia casserole is outstanding and we had probably the best crab cake we ever had there.  Also worth considering are the filet mignon and pan roasted  Carabinero shrimp. 

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

I also have a few questions about Eden.

1) Are breakfast and lunch free in Eden?

2) Can anyone enjoy the public spaces in Eden during the day?  

3) Are the nightly shows in Eden complimentary, or is there a charge for those shows?

Thanks!

there are apparently now some upcharge items at the EDEN cafe..but only if you want them..

Note: this is a small take out deli/cafe with indoor and outdoor seats..less variety than the big buffet..

Aqua spa cafe  also has a lite bkfast and lunch.  only extra chg might be smoothies

• Like 1

Eden Cafe is a little hidden gem. Excellent cinnamon rolls, breakfast sandwiches, fruits and oatmeal plus toppings  ( plus other items, of course). Lunch  has carved meat sandwiches, create your own salads, soups, and the absolute best chocolate chip  cookies and brownies on the ship. Inside and outside seating. Check the daily planner for times, its not open every day.

• Like 2

Fully agree with all of the above.  And, there are outside tables behind Eden Cafe that are accessible from the cafe.  Often underutilized.  Eden restaurant food is cooked to order, and the staff are very knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients.  They can help you navigate it.   

FWIW, if you're at all mobility challenged, take the elevator lift in the right side when approaching the stairs on 5 that go to the dining room on 4 and ask the maitre d for assistance.  They will be glad to help. 

• Like 1

I was looking to book Eden on Apex for next year but I'm shocked at the service charge - $77.99, discounted 8% from $85 per person plus 20% gratuity.  I really enjoyed it when I was on Beyond in January but I only paid $54.99 plus gratuity then. That's a 40% jump in price in about a year, ouch.