What changes to Celebrity groups are coming?

LadyBerard

I've just returned from vacation this past Friday.  I know I quickly read of changes coming to Celebrity soon - perhaps Monday???. I thought I read about group rates in particular.   I would like to read it again, but cannot seem to locate where I read it.  Can anyone please enlighten me?  Thanks in advance.

This is what I've read:
On Monday, Celebrity will be announcing they are removing tips from their all-included offerings as well as all suites, also taking onboard credit from suites, not offering all-included for groups or discounted priced offerings – this means you get the cruise only when you get a better rate.

• Thanks 2

I did fine the following. Four things caught my eye. "You won’t even have to give a thought to your suitcases, neatly tucked away, until you debark from the ship. We will also pack for you at the end of your cruise. Whether you want to reserve a table at Luminae, the private restaurant exclusively for Retreat guests, or wish to dine in your suite, your Retreat Butler and team will act as your personal reservationist throughout your cruise. When dining in your suite, we’ll set the table, serve the meal course by course, then clean up afterward, while you enjoy a freshly made coffee or a glass of wine while gazing at the stars from your veranda."

Glad to see Celebrity has not stop us from having parties in our suites with Butler help.

"Inviting guests to join you for cocktails? Want to host a get-together to celebrate a birthday or make your anniversary cruise extra special? The services of a trained Retreat Butler and team for these special occasions are invaluable. We can provide advice on what to serve and arrange every detail, from canapes and cocktails to flowers and music, even rearrange the suite to host your guests."

Last updated: August 14th, 2023

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-butler

38 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I did fine the following. Four things caught my eye. "You won’t even have to give a thought to your suitcases, neatly tucked away, until you debark from the ship. We will also pack for you at the end of your cruise. Whether you want to reserve a table at Luminae, the private restaurant exclusively for Retreat guests, or wish to dine in your suite, your Retreat Butler and team will act as your personal reservationist throughout your cruise. When dining in your suite, we’ll set the table, serve the meal course by course, then clean up afterward, while you enjoy a freshly made coffee or a glass of wine while gazing at the stars from your veranda."

Glad to see Celebrity has not stop us from having parties in our suites with Butler help.

"Inviting guests to join you for cocktails? Want to host a get-together to celebrate a birthday or make your anniversary cruise extra special? The services of a trained Retreat Butler and team for these special occasions are invaluable. We can provide advice on what to serve and arrange every detail, from canapes and cocktails to flowers and music, even rearrange the suite to host your guests."

Last updated: August 14th, 2023

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-butler

For those of us in Sky Suites the key words are team & Retreat Butler, not dedicated Butler.    If we want a gathering in our suite we can go to the Lounge and make arrangements with the Retreat Butler who will make the arrangements and the “team” will deliver and set up what you ordered.  I expect there will be a charge for any food and beverages going forward. 

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

For those of us in Sky Suites the key words are team & Retreat Butler, not dedicated Butler.    If we want a gathering in our suite we can go to the Lounge and make arrangements with the Retreat Butler who will make the arrangements and the “team” will deliver and set up what you ordered.  I expect there will be a charge for any food and beverages going forward. 

Glad to see they are not changing the unpack and pack amenity. 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

While it might be a hoax (fingers crossed). Celebrity press releases does not mention any changes about butlers/ butler teams. Where should we look for official releases.

Press Releases are found here https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-releases/

I would not hold my breath looking for a press release that announce price increases or a reduction in services or products....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

When did Luminae start taking reservations?  I must admit, I would like to have the butler pack for me, not sure about unpacking.

My wife had been reluctant in the past, but decided to try the unpacking and she was pleased and has taken advantage of that amenity. So, look forward to it for our upcoming Dec cruise on the Connie.

• Thanks 1

It was my understanding that you had to be in the room while the unpacking was being done and show them where you wanted items placed.

For someone with mobility limitations that can be a get amenity but I don't see a benefit if I have to be there and tell them where to put all the items.

• Like 2

Rumor is true

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.06.51 PM.png

Retreat FAQ's also updated and no longer mention OBC or gratuities: 

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.08.31 PM.png

Unless this is a typo, it appears All Included will not be required for Aqua Class bookings:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.11.50 PM.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

We just booked (i.e., deposited) for a Retreat suite 2 days ago.  Tips and OBC were still included.  No one mentioned anything about butlers going away.  The website still lists them for our suite class.  I looked at press releases also and I don't see any mention of this.  I emailed our agent about this.  We'll see what they say

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So anything booked prior to the change dates posted above will have what was included at time of booking, right?

I'm not 100% sure since it doesn't mention when FIT bookings will change. I suspect it will be soon and they give TA's additional time until November to firm up group bookings since these are the cash cows for them. This is a huge blow to TA business. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Retreat FAQ's also updated and no longer mention OBC or gratuities:

Maybe you're referring to something different but OBC and tips are included in the answer to question 1.  Butler's are also still listed.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/the-retreat

Edited by Winemaker_1

8 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

And if I’ve booked future cruises that include AI (incl Gratutites), how will that be either honored or price readjusted ?

This looks like it's slated to go into effect on October 4th. Book prior to that date and everything stays the same as it is today. Book after that date, and your AI does not include gratuities. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just some data points, ghost booking still says tips, perhaps they missed updating that:

image.thumb.png.91c6fafc373fdd6476b771a91e4cea4f.png

I thought the same thing but then realized that only bookings post October 4 will lose the grats.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kristikae said:

This is what I've read:
On Monday, Celebrity will be announcing they are removing tips from their all-included offerings as well as all suites, also taking onboard credit from suites, not offering all-included for groups or discounted priced offerings – this means you get the cruise only when you get a better rate.

WOW, it would appear that Celebrity is 1 step away from full Royalification. It sucks because we just made Elite+ but unless the pricing is reduced to compensate for this....we may not be regulars anymore.

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

So what does this mean?  I get some pretty good deals on group rates with AI.  Are those gone?

In the future yes, does not look like Celebrity will allow TA's to have all inclusive group rates anymore, just room only.  They can book you an AI rate but from what I saw posted it looks like only will be at prevailing rates. To me all celebrity is doing is throttling a channel where more than 60% of there bookings come from, Travel agencies, and hoping more for people to book with celebrity directly, or online thru there site.  And we all know how great celebrity is in IT and customer service when calling.  

• Thanks 1