Thank you RCCL !!!

amindu

There are always plenty of negative posts or opinions on RCCL.  I wanted to share a positive note in regards to the cruise line that was very unexpected and appreciated. My mother in law unexpectedly passed away a couple days ago and our cruise is in 18 days.  I was fully expecting to either pay the $400 (4 passengers) change fee or ask them if they would make an exception and give FCC.  My TA called them and they actually offered her a 3rd option which was a full refund.  I was shocked and surprised as I did not expect this. So Thank You Royal for your actions, you have earned a customer for life.  

Edited by amindu
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

• amindu changed the title to Thank you RCCL !!!
1 hour ago, amindu said:

There are always plenty of negative posts or opinions on RCCL.  I wanted to share a positive note in regards to the cruise line that was very unexpected and appreciated. My mother in law unexpectedly passed away a couple days ago and our cruise is in 18 days.  I was fully expecting to either pay the $400 (4 passengers) change fee or ask them if they would make an exception and give FCC.  My TA called them and they actually offered her a 3rd option which was a full refund.  I was shocked and surprised as I did not expect this. So Thank You Royal for your actions, you have earned a customer for life.  

Very sorry for your loss , and very surprising to hear this ... Good for them !

I can vouch for this. My dad passed last year. We had already paid it in full because it was after the final payment date.  I was calling to cancel and told them why. Sure enough they refunded it in full. My dad had purchased the trip insurance but they refunded that as well. 

My condolences. Sending virtual hugs @amindu

Edited by cynt
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Sorry for your loss. 

In the current market they probably resold the room at a hefty markup on what they refunded. 

#truestory

Glad to hear they were compassionate and cut you a break. 

19 hours ago, amindu said:

Sometimes they are really great about stuff like that, which is one of the reasons we stay loyal to them.  Sorry about your mother in law.  

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me in 2016 when my father passed away 9 days before our cruise. Customer service turned me over to management and the manager gave me a code to use when booking another cruise and all the money I paid for the canceled one went to the new one. They also gave me 100$ shipboard credit when I rebooked about 2 months later.

I've never had a bad experience dealing with ANY Royal Caribbean employee.

• Like 3