Is web version useless?

maggie777

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

I am struggling to use this but it appears to be non-functional. Am I the only one?

No.  There are several threads and just what we needed was a new one on the same issue.  It is hard to know what all the issues are.  I think a lot are data corruption related between POLAR and Princess Medallion App.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No.  There are several threads and just what we needed was a new one on the same issue.  It is hard to know what all the issues are.  I think a lot are data corruption related between POLAR and Princess Medallion App.

Ah maybe I misinterpreted the comment. I thought the OP was referring to the web version of the app where dining is concerned. 

21 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Ah maybe I misinterpreted the comment. I thought the OP was referring to the web version of the app where dining is concerned. 

No, you understand correctly and the OP was on about the web version (but we don't know which functional issues there were as things stand).  I was just making a general comment that getting into one versus the other can be data-related and not software coding.  The OP was silent as to whether the Princess App was working for them.

15 hours ago, Coral said:

I was struggling with the app. I logged onto the web and was able to setup dining and my flights which I was unable to successfully do with the app. So I preferred the web version.

That's how I *always* do our dining reservations.  Just not enough screen space (in my opinion) to see everything on a phone.

2 hours ago, MacMadame said:

The web version tells me I can't do dining on it and have to use the app. The app tells me I can't make reservations until I pay in full. 🤷‍♂️

No...you're not getting into "the web version".  Not talking about the tabs across the top of the Cruise Personalizer.  From the Summary tab scroll down just a bit...

web version.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacMadame said:

The web version tells me I can't do dining on it and have to use the app. The app tells me I can't make reservations until I pay in full. 🤷‍♂️

Based on their dining webpage you cannot make DMW dinner reservations until after making final payment unless you’re Platinum, Elite, Reserve or Suite.

• Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way/

• Like 1

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

Based on their dining webpage you cannot make DMW dinner reservations until after making final payment unless you’re Platinum, Elite, Reserve or Suite.

• Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way/

Ah!  I guess that explains it, then...we are Platinum.  I never knew there was a difference! My apologies!

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ah!  I guess that explains it, then...we are Platinum.  I never knew there was a difference! My apologies!

No problem…one of those things not easy to find that we all share with each other that makes CC so helpful. ☺️

I never downloaded the app for my cruise as our phones stayed in the safe.  I did all dining reservations in advance on the webpage, and had zero problems.  I also pre-booked excursions, and some ship packages, so I did not have much to do while on the ship!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

No problem…one of those things not easy to find that we all share with each other that makes CC so helpful. ☺️

Something to be aware of.  Many posters who are not yet up to Platinum level have reported being able to make DMW reservations well ahead of their FP Date.  I know it is not policy and it is not consistent it seems, but chalk it up to more buggy software.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Are DMW reservations available the second you pay in full even if it's over a year out? I had been planning to make the last payment as late as possible but will do it earlier if it means I can make my dining reservations.

In theory that should work, but with Princess Ocean IT dept, you cannot trust their wonky software.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No...you're not getting into "the web version".  Not talking about the tabs across the top of the Cruise Personalizer.  From the Summary tab scroll down just a bit...

web version.jpg

IMPO this is great info, but their UI is the real problem.  It was clearly designed to "push users" to the App, else this link would be on the top navigation bar on the page where it clearly belongs until and unless Princess can debug the app, which I don't believe will happen in my lifetime. 🙂

This is basic stuff - having an app that is prohibitive to sales and requires thousands of hours in labor to support it is silly.  I can only assume the recent changes to the Premier packages is funding this madness.  I really, really, wish they would just fix the app or disinvest from it already....sorry...spent the last 8 hours trying to plan for an upcoming sailing, and now I need another vacation! 🙂

• Thanks 1