Sanctuary question - Caribbean Princess

Bojeanne

Is it difficult to book the Sanctuary for sea days? I've read that the line starts forming immediately after embarkation. Has anyone cruised lately on Caribbean Princess (or any ship, really) and tried to book the Sanctuary? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

On 9/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

It depends on the cruise. Last November on a 5-day Caribbean we went there as soon we boarded and it was sold out. In March on a 10-day Panama Canal cruise we were 5th in line and was able to book a cabana and plenty of loungers were available.

the Thanksgiving cruise? - yeah - 100%+ capacity - never do that again...

52 minutes ago, zanzibargirl said:

What are the latest prices?

Same as they have been for several years.  $40/lounger for full day.  $20 for half-day.  $30 for full day if book the entire voyage.  Cabanas are $220 or $240, but that covers two people and they provide some things (sorry, don't have the specifics on hand, but they can tell you on the ship or someone else here who has booked one will know).  I believe there is actually room for 4 people, but I am not sure you can get it for the same price for 4 people.  There are only two loungers standard at each cabana.  We don't book cabanas so I am a bit rusty on them.  I suppose with a high-demand voyage they may be booked, but I have usually just seen them empty taking up valuable deck real estate in the past.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same as they have been for several years.  $40/lounger for full day.  $20 for half-day.  $30 for full day if book the entire voyage.  Cabanas are $220 or $240, but that covers two people and they provide some things (sorry, don't have the specifics on hand, but they can tell you on the ship or someone else here who has booked one will know).  I believe there is actually room for 4 people, but I am not sure you can get it for the same price for 4 people.  There are only two loungers standard at each cabana.  We don't book cabanas so I am a bit rusty on them.  I suppose with a high-demand voyage they may be booked, but I have usually just seen them empty taking up valuable deck real estate in the past.

It's my understanding that if the "owners" of a Sanctuary Cabana want to have guests, they are allowed up to a maximum of ? people (sorry, don't know how many more but would SWAG maybe a total of maybe 8 people per Cabana, if that; they are pretty spacious) The guests would then pay the standard rate for a lounger for the day, $40, to be a guest in the Cabana.  At least that's how I understand it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

It's my understanding that if the "owners" of a Sanctuary Cabana want to have guests, they are allowed up to a maximum of ? people (sorry, don't know how many more but would SWAG maybe a total of maybe 8 people per Cabana, if that; they are pretty spacious) The guests would then pay the standard rate for a lounger for the day, $40, to be a guest in the Cabana.  At least that's how I understand it

Okay, so two couples might agree to get a cabana and share the cost of $300 which breaks down to $75/pp - still significant cost over having a lounge chair and need to decide if the extra space and "goodies" are worth it.  I do think if 8 were allowed, not only would that be too crowded (certainly no room for 8 loungers), but the noise level would naturally be beyond what is expected in the Sanctuary.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, so two couples might agree to get a cabana and share the cost of $300 which breaks down to $75/pp - still significant cost over having a lounge chair and need to decide if the extra space and "goodies" are worth it.  I do think if 8 were allowed, not only would that be too crowded (certainly no room for 8 loungers), but the noise level would naturally be beyond what is expected in the Sanctuary.

Again. I can't speak to the official max capacity, that was just my guesstimate, but it will be whatever the Sanctuary management says it is. Yes, 8 would be stretching it, though those Cabanas are pretty big and include the area outside the Cabana, where the two loungers are located as well as the inside area with the sofa, TV, bar etc.  There would not be 8 loungers, only the seating that comes with the Cabana.  As to noise, the rule in the Sanctuary is QUIET PLEASE, so no externally audible noise allowed, no music, no TV sound, only headphones etc. If some partiers wanted to make a scene, they would presumably be shut down pretty quick.

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

As to noise, the rule in the Sanctuary is QUIET PLEASE, so no externally audible noise allowed, no music, no TV sound, only headphones etc. If some partiers wanted to make a scene, they would presumably be shut down pretty quick.

I was not thinking of a party atmosphere.  It is just a natural situation when 8 people gather as a group that there could easily be noise simply due to conversations and such.  One would think a Sanctuary host would say something if a group got noisy.  I just don't see 8 people in one of those spots.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I just don't see 8 people in one of those spots.

In the many times that we have been in the Sanctuary, we have never seen a group of 6 or more together in the Sanctuary.  On a couple of occasions, the attendants have asked foursome's to lower the volume of their conversations as they were extremely loud and got even louder after some drinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The Cabana charge is only for 2 people and if you want four, then the other two have to also book seats.  It' begins at $140 for a half day.  You get welcome cocktail, fruit, snacks, a mini bar with sodas and water.  Noise canceling headphones, etc.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

In the many times that we have been in the Sanctuary, we have never seen a group of 6 or more together in the Sanctuary.  On a couple of occasions, the attendants have asked foursome's to lower the volume of their conversations as they were extremely loud and got even louder after some drinks.

We usually only see 2 to 4 people in the cabanas.  The only time we saw more was during the Regal Inaugural cruise with all the Love Boat Stars and VIPS. 

• Like 1

We've done the Sanctuary exactly twice.

The first time was a port day in Ensenada. It was so cold (& foggy) we needed 2 blankets to stay warm. We were almost the only guests and the service was almost non-existent. AM breakfast was a muffin and coffee. Nothing else offered. We left when we couldn't stand it anymore.

We decided to give it one more try. We WERE the only ones there. The service was a little better, but not by much. We were both unimpressed by the lunch offered. Got tired of being ignored and left.

Done with the Sanctuary.

When we have gotten a cabana for 1/2 a day in the past we would get 2 drinks, one each plus could chose from several 375ml lq bottles or a 750ml wine bottle.  6~Water or mixers were included.  Cost was $140.00.  It as been a couple of years since our last cruise, is this still the same post covid?