Mighty Cruise Ship episodes

MagnoliaBlossom

For those of you who love to watch the Smithsonian Channel’s “Mighty Cruise Ships”, there is a marathon today.  At noon, CDT they will air back to back episodes until 9:00 pm.  If you’ve not discovered this program check it out.  Of course you will be on the phone with your PCC before the. Ishtar is over. 🤣.  One of my favorite episodes about The Royal Clipper is n and it is very interesting

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh good, hopefully I'll capture some additional episodes to watch later. I'm not sure if any are left to record for me, but I'll look tonight. Yay! Not going to lie though, I could do without the made-up drama and shore excursions. Just show me what it's like inside the ship that I'm not able to go. 🙂 

Royal Clipper was a great episode! Probably because I really want to cruise on that ship. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, TYTY said:

I've seen all of them....I'm waiting for new ones to come out!

Me too.  I've seen them all, and especially the JOY.  We just sailed on her last month.

Waiting for New Mighty Cruise ship shows.  With so many new ships out, it's time to update the Mighty Cruise Ship Shows.

• Like 4

I watched this program with my kids and it's 90% of the reason we booked one of the newer NCL ships (Bliss). Once they saw the go-cart track, they went crazy and wanted to go on one of these shps. This is a fantastic program and one for all true cruise ship addicts to check out. 

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh good, hopefully I'll capture some additional episodes to watch later. I'm not sure if any are left to record for me, but I'll look tonight. Yay! Not going to lie though, I could do without the made-up drama and shore excursions. Just show me what it's like inside the ship that I'm not able to go. 🙂 

Royal Clipper was a great episode! Probably because I really want to cruise on that ship. 

All of the reality shows including those like Gold Rush are totally scripted.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Unfortunately, I know...and it's unfortunate. This is the only reality show I watch and have the time I'm yelling at the narrator to shut up, because she's claiming the ship is about to hit something and sink. It's too bad the crew weren't onboard Escape when it scraped bottom at Taino Bay! 

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

Unfortunately, I know...and it's unfortunate. This is the only reality show I watch and have the time I'm yelling at the narrator to shut up, because she's claiming the ship is about to hit something and sink. It's too bad the crew weren't onboard Escape when it scraped bottom at Taino Bay! 

Used to watch Gold Rush all the time.  Then I realized that any million dollar enterprise will stock repair parts.  But every other episode, they have to shut down while a $100 part is flown in.  Pure scripting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

My go to favorite reality show is Deadliest Catch. Lately the past few recent seasons has took a turn for the worse and you can really really see where its totally scripted and acted. New seasons and old seasons from back in the day is a huge difference, its like two completely different shows 

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This is the only reality show I watch and have the time I'm yelling at the narrator to shut up, because she's claiming the ship is about to hit something and sink.

I agree, the made up drama on just about every episode is crazy. We’ve seen them all many times, I wish there were new ones. 

The series Mighty Ships is quite interesting. It’s amazing how many unique, purpose-built vessels there are out there. 

• Like 1

LOVE this series, and is a very interesting look into the "behind-the-scenes". 

I wish there was more in-depth information regarding the inner workings of ship life ... like how the laundry gets done and meals prepped as I think those things are the heart of the ship.

Honestly, one of my least AND most favorite thing from working on a ship was turnaround day. It's baffling to me how it happens so often without major problems on a scale that is difficult to imagine. The logistics were incredible even to order a single item for the medical clinic (like, for example, a specific medication for a crew member) and have it magically appear in my supply stock. 

It's addicting as a cruiser as well but on a more entertaining level. I'm so glad I didn't know about the marathon, but I do admit to downloading many episodes from amazon prime when I am in-between cruises!

Warmest Amy

• Like 1

There are two episodes featuring Breakaway (BA: The Build and BA: The Voyage). I especially found The Build quite interesting and I was on BA when they were filming The Voyage. All passengers had to sign releases agreeing that we might be filmed and in fact I am in one of the scenes lol. My 15 minutes of fame. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

There are two episodes featuring Breakaway (BA: The Build and BA: The Voyage). I especially found The Build quite interesting and I was on BA when they were filming The Voyage. All passengers had to sign releases agreeing that we might be filmed and in fact I am in one of the scenes lol. My 15 minutes of fame. 😄

Hmmmm...I haven't seen these two. I'll have to watch out for them! And your face, of course. With the internet, your fame is extended to infinity.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

They are episodes 1 & 2 of season 7 of “Mighty Ships”. Episode 3 of that season is one of my favorites: Wind Surf.

The Wind Surf episode partially inspired our cruise on the Star as I wanted to visit Kotor even lot more after seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CDR Benson said:

I'm curious---what would've happened if you hadn't signed the release?  Lock you in your cabin?  Throw you off the ship?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Maybe their faces would have just been covered on the show with a blurred image or some sort of covering.

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe their faces would have just been covered on the show with a blurred image or some sort of covering.

I considered that, but rejected it.  In scenes with a crowd of people, such as around the pool or at some on-deck activity, it would be a staggering task for the producers to identify the passengers in the shot, check them against a list of signed release forms, and then digitally obscure the faces of those pax who didn't sign.

That leaves me to wonder what the consequence would be to those who refused to sign the release.  My guess is signing such a release would've been folded into the conditions of carriage, and refusers would not have been permitted to board at the embarkation.

Hopefully, Coastalbreezes will advise.

1 hour ago, CDR Benson said:

I considered that, but rejected it.  In scenes with a crowd of people, such as around the pool or at some on-deck activity, it would be a staggering task for the producers to identify the passengers in the shot, check them against a list of signed release forms, and then digitally obscure the faces of those pax who didn't sign.

That leaves me to wonder what the consequence would be to those who refused to sign the release.  My guess is signing such a release would've been folded into the conditions of carriage, and refusers would not have been permitted to board at the embarkation.

Hopefully, Coastalbreezes will advise.

FWIW I seem to remember something in the passenger contract on my recent GEM cruise that mentioned using passenger images.  Perhaps it may be covered by that clause too.   Disclaimer: My memory could be failing me.  🙂 

I find Mighty Cruise Ships very boring & disappointing each time...how many times do we have to see the Captain docking the ship and saying how tricky it is? How many times do we have to see there are people or one couple that are late for boarding and you see the staff talking to each other discussing how long they are going to wait before they leave port? How many times does the ship have engine trouble & we see the engineers discussing what to do? Once I have seen this a few times, I don't need to see 15 minutes of the ship docking at the port..

Instead I wish this show would be a REVIEW of the ship- notice how they don't show all the dining venues, any bars & lounges, nor all the different public spaces?

That's what I would like to see..after 25 or 30 episodes of the same stories ( ship docking, problems with the engines, weather concerns, passengers missing, etc..), wouldn't you like to see THE SHIP, and not all the problems they experience? A friend of mine who has never cruised, watched 3 episodes and said he would now NEVER go on a cruise after watching all the ship's issues..can't blame him..I much prefer watching YouTube videos and see a review of all of the "Mighty Cruise Ship" instead of what they really should call the show - "Mighty Problems on Cruise Ships"...sorry, but this show disappoints me...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2