Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

12 hours ago, SAmome said:

I am so naive, I actually thought the adult area would be free like on the Disney island. 

It would have been nice if they'd have an area with the standard amenities (just sans kids) and another paid area with the other perks.  Like a beach club within the adult section.  It would have been nice to have an option to go "adults only" some of the time. Disappointing news. 

Unfortunately many of the formerly free things with RCI are....for a fee now.  😞 

11 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

OK, so as someone who has never been to CocoCay, I'm trying to figure things out for my February Anthem cruise. I'd planned to book this hearing "Adults Only" and limited admission - but my experience with that and a private island is Serenity Bay on Disney's Castaway Cay.

But all this "DJs everywhere, etc." is definitely not that. And not something I want. And if the numbers reported here are accurate, I don't see that many chairs, etc. in the video, so...it doesn't seem like you're guaranteed a chair?

Reading this, I am getting that the Club is designed to be more serene...but as I understand it, it's not Adults Only so there could be kids. And jeez it's pricey. (Especially since I am NOT a public pool person. They skeeve me out.)

Are there ANY areas on the island that are relatively quiet where you can get a chair/lounger? Anthem will be at the island the same time as Liberty...and I can't find which is scheduled to arrive first...but I'm guessing that is going to make it crazy crowded. Am I going to be out of luck for a peaceful beach day?

Definitely south beach if going early.  Then relocate in afternoon to Chill beach.  Reason I say this is the tide seems to be lower in the afternoon at south beach.  

The times I've been to Coco Cay I noticed people start returning to ship after 2.  Could just be a coincidence.  It's when we noticed the popular areas started thinning out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Definitely south beach if going early.  Then relocate in afternoon to Chill beach.  Reason I say this is the tide seems to be lower in the afternoon at south beach.  

The times I've been to Coco Cay I noticed people start returning to ship after 2.  Could just be a coincidence.  It's when we noticed the popular areas started thinning out.

Nice thought, but the tide times are constantly changing.   What could be high tide at noon, would be low tide days later...it's the cycle.  And as far as tides go...the Caribbean has very little tide changes. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice thought, but the tide times are constantly changing.   What could be high tide at noon, would be low tide days later...it's the cycle.  And as far as tides go...the Caribbean has very little tide changes. 

Yes true.  I'm just going by my experience.  South beach always seems low tide around 2ish and more marshy.  We've been there all 4 seasons so who knows?  Someone else may get a better experience.

31 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Yes true.  I'm just going by my experience.  South beach always seems low tide around 2ish and more marshy.  We've been there all 4 seasons so who knows?  Someone else may get a better experience.

Just coincidence then. But I agree about that side.  

I for one am not a fan of the water for swimming at all at Coco Cay.  Especially on the south side, it is indeed shallow water (which makes it hot) and is full of a kind of slime on the bottom from that condition.  Was nasty when we did one of those over the water cabanas.  Yuck.  When I went in the water, I would not put my feet on the bottom.  Grossed me out.  

• Like 2

Aqua socks?   I never swim in the ocean without them.  Mostly sea grass and interesting critters at South Beach but we've always loved it there.  The frontside of the island where the jetty goes out and the plane is sunk has lovely deep clear water, swim there.

Aqua Socks.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I for one am not a fan of the water for swimming at all at Coco Cay.  Especially on the south side, it is indeed shallow water (which makes it hot) and is full of a kind of slime on the bottom from that condition.  Was nasty when we did one of those over the water cabanas.  Yuck.  When I went in the water, I would not put my feet on the bottom.  Grossed me out.  

We had that same experience! It did for kind gross!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I agree.  I saw the area around the cabanas at 230pm when I was cooling off.  People were walking on a slimy sandbar next to them.  I had my snorkel socks on.

• Like 2

I had mentioned earlier that my wife and I purchesed the hideaway package for our March cruise on Wonder. It will be interesting to hear first hand reports on what it turns out to be. Hopefully they finish in time and I can make a decesion to keep or cancle based on the feedback.

As for the slime you guys were talking about, I live on a lake so I'm used to it. 😁

Actually we are super lucky. The end of the lake we are on has white sandy beaches and the sand extends well into the water. I too hate the slime!! 🍸

13 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

We had that same experience! It did for kind gross!

Yup, slimy with those dead barnacle like things that are sharp.  The water is hot and shallow...and probably quite polluted...which killed off the natural seagrass, etc.  

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:15 AM, BecciBoo said:

Aqua socks?   I never swim in the ocean without them.  Mostly sea grass and interesting critters at South Beach but we've always loved it there.  The frontside of the island where the jetty goes out and the plane is sunk has lovely deep clear water, swim there.

Aqua Socks.jpg

I have these and love them. 
m

On 9/29/2023 at 3:15 PM, BecciBoo said:

Aqua Socks.jpg

They unfortunately removed the plane. My guess is some moron did something stupid and it became a liability.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, was excited for this.  Right up to when I read this, "fueled by non-stop, DJ-spun beats. ".  Some chill Jimmy Buffett at a low volume would suffice.

I understand its been discussed, but just booked a trip that has it in the planner.

Hard pass.

Edited by shellunderwater
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

For those commenting about the free party atmosphere at oasis, the DJ is no longer at oasis. Only hideaway. So if you want a quiet pool, oasis might be for you. Or south beach. But they are not strictly adult areas 

On 9/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, jean87510 said:

Coastal areas in the Bahamas experience two high tides and two low tides every 24 hours and 50 minutes, or every lunar day. High tides occur about 12 hours and 25 minutes apart, and it takes about 6 hours and 12.5 minutes for the water to change from high to low, or vice versa. 

8 hours ago, Starfish89 said:

For those commenting about the free party atmosphere at oasis, the DJ is no longer at oasis. Only hideaway. So if you want a quiet pool, oasis might be for you

FWIW, we always sit in the same exact spot by the Oasis pool not that far from where the DJ used to be & the volume of music in March didn’t seem any different than when there was a human DJ (not loud but not silent).

I’ve always felt the Oasis pool is far too large to generalize about as far as being loud or having a “party atmosphere.” It only seemed that way to me if you were right in front of the DJ or sitting at the bar. Just one man’s opinion, of course.

20 hours ago, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

Coastal areas in the Bahamas experience two high tides and two low tides every 24 hours and 50 minutes, or every lunar day. High tides occur about 12 hours and 25 minutes apart, and it takes about 6 hours and 12.5 minutes for the water to change from high to low, or vice versa. 

Google is indeed a friend.  

On 9/29/2023 at 6:12 AM, jean87510 said:

Cause the food on Coco Cay like Labadee sucks. I was actually happy to see better choices at Hideaway.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Cause the food on Coco Cay like Labadee sucks.

This is why food is subjective. Couldn't disagree more. Love the food on CocoCay.

Haven't been to Labadee in forever but agree that the offerings there looked awful... nothing like CocoCay.

Also, leaving after 2pm isn't exactly late if you got off the ship first thing. We've left at 2pm before because we were hot and stuffed after spending 5-6 hours there.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Cause the food on Coco Cay like Labadee sucks. I was actually happy to see better choices at Hideaway.

Have to agree with the overall estimation re food.  Probably a 3 out of 5.  We eat a decent breakfast and dinner and usually don't drink a lot on island.

It is nice when crowds do leave.  We find it much more pleasant.  I personally think it's just nap time for some.

• Like 1