Note to Royal

klfrodo

7 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

If you’re going to go electronic, I’m fine with that. However, you can’t mix and match.

The Royal App needs to include the Port Agent information please.

I agree it should be on the app.  We found if you scan the qr code for the compasses while you are on the ship and leave that open in your browser, you can get the port agent information while off the ship.  We now scan the qr code and then screenshot the port agent page so we can access it on our phone without needing to have cell service.

Y’all were correct. The information is in the app. Just not what I was expecting.

on a cruise out of Southampton and the contact number is a 1-800 number. I was expecting information like supplied when sailing out of US ports. (Name of local port agent along with local phone number)

• Like 1

Its funny, some things people say they can find in the app I can't.  Such as specialty menus.  I updated and even deleted & reloaded it, but my app still is wonky.  I mean it has to be the app not the user, right?

6 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Its funny, some things people say they can find in the app I can't.  Such as specialty menus.  I updated and even deleted & reloaded it, but my app still is wonky.  I mean it has to be the app not the user, right?

We have had that issue before when we tried to check Quantum for our Alaska sailing and the ship was still in Singapore.  The menus were not in the app and the ones that were, definitely were not the ones we were going to have in Alaska.  People on the rollcall were all excited to see some really different entrees and were disappointed once the regular menus were in the app. 

I have found if I log out of the app and then log back in, errors will correct themselves.

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have had that issue before when we tried to check Quantum for our Alaska sailing and the ship was still in Singapore.  The menus were not in the app and the ones that were, definitely were not the ones we were going to have in Alaska.  People on the rollcall were all excited to see some really different entrees and were disappointed once the regular menus were in the app. 

I have found if I log out of the app and then log back in, errors will correct themselves.

The menus in the app are for the current sailing. How would they know exactly what they are serving in 3 months time?

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I still remember way back in the day stopping by the MDR everyday and asking to see that night's dinner menu, lol.

We still do a daily pilgrimage to the MDR to see what’s for dinner. It’s more fun that way. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We still do a daily pilgrimage to the MDR to see what’s for dinner. It’s more fun that way. 

I agree... except when your wife is so picky she can only find an entree there maybe 3 out of 7 nights (unless she orders off the kids menu, lol), so I have to plan ahead.

We stopped going every night a long time ago b/c she would order a caesar salad and the plain, boring, classic chicken breast like 4 nights... not b/c she was dying to eat plain chicken over and over, she's just that picky.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I agree... except when your wife is so picky she can only find an entree there maybe 3 out of 7 nights (unless she orders off the kids menu, lol), so I have to plan ahead.

We stopped going every night a long time ago b/c she would order a caesar salad and the plain, boring, classic chicken breast like 4 nights... not b/c she was dying to eat plain chicken over and over, she's just that picky.

I’m exactly the same as your wife and I like to think of myself as more selective. We rarely go out to eat at home because I cook. I don’t eat red meat at all and not much other meat, and in looking at the remaining choices on the menus, they’re just not appealing. Too much gravies to cover up the bland taste. 

• Like 1