Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

13 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I disagree. This is a nightmare situation for Israel. This is a logistical challenge for the cruise lines and a First World problem for everyone else.

I disagree with you. It is a nightmare for us. It is beyond a nightmare for Israel. It is a pure senseless tragedy for Israel. It will take years for Israel to recover from the atrocities. It is all the more reason I would like a refund. It will be hard to totally relax and enjoy the cruise knowing people in the area are suffering great loss. I feel a sense of great conflict about this. I feel your statement is full of assumptions.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cwn said:

The only ship that I found that had canceled and Refunded money was a RCL ship the had two BtoB cruises of 4  and 5 days each that embarked and debarked in Haifa. They had no choice as I can see.

I believe the RSS cruise we are talking about also embarks in Haifa (and the preceding cruise debarks there as well.   So the same situation, yet a different choice?

Supposedly also the Celebrity Apex was scheduled to shortly embark in Haifa, yet is offering refunds / credit.  

19 minutes ago, zak477 said:

I do hope that all those now going to Istanbul have been given their visas via Regent. The cost is $99 per visa. The process is done online. 

$99! That's a rip off. Turkish evisa is $20 for UK and US(unless you are Canadian or Australian - you get the "privilege" of paying $60!)

25 minutes ago, roninman said:

I believe the RSS cruise we are talking about also embarks in Haifa (and the preceding cruise debarks there as well.   So the same situation, yet a different choice?

Supposedly also the Celebrity Apex was scheduled to shortly embark in Haifa, yet is offering refunds / credit.  

No these are two cruises are on a large ship, very short ones that are round trips from Haifa like the round trips RCL and Carnival do out of US ports. Where as Regent and others are much longer cruises. And only requiring a port change or like Regent one change involving air for many less passengers.

15 minutes ago, TheRampantSnail said:

$99! That's a rip off. Turkish evisa is $20 for UK and US(unless you are Canadian or Australian - you get the "privilege" of paying $60!)

As per the Uk government, UK citizens do not require a visa for holidays along if the stay is less than 90 days. We just return from Turkey after a weeks holiday and travelled without a visa.

Regent air is just being lazy and stupid now.  Trying to book our friends on the early BA to IST flight so they don't have a 7 hr connection.  the early flight is only in economy which is fine as European business is just a coach seat with the middle open and they have seats. Regent air are saying the can't do that.  Come on that is just extremely poor customer service,  We don't know our hotel yet and if we are at the same one and if they are planning on transporting them at midnight.    

27 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Regent air is just being lazy and stupid now.  Trying to book our friends on the early BA to IST flight so they don't have a 7 hr connection.  the early flight is only in economy which is fine as European business is just a coach seat with the middle open and they have seats. Regent air are saying the can't do that.  Come on that is just extremely poor customer service,  We don't know our hotel yet and if we are at the same one and if they are planning on transporting them at midnight.    

Actually Regent Air has contract rates on only certain flights and seats.  Unfortunately they are bound by those contract rates.  If they can get you to the cruise via there contract then that's what they're going to do.  I know this is a very unique situation, but we always deviate our flights and sometimes pay an additional up charge in order to get flights I prefer.  But I have also run into times when they simply can't offer flights at all, not even with an up charge.  So it would appear that is the situation you have run into, that they can get you and your friends to Istanbul via contract flights, so that's what they're going to do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwn said:
2 hours ago, roninman said:

No these are two cruises are on a large ship, very short ones that are round trips from Haifa like the round trips RCL and Carnival do out of US ports. Where as Regent and others are much longer cruises.

My understanding from over on the Celebrity board is that the Apex is ex Athens Monday 10/16 for ten days, and cancelled its Israel port visits right away over the past weekend, and almost at the same time, per some posters, began offering refunds or credits.   That was its business decision.  Apparently Regent's business decision at almost the same time was to announce that no credit or refunds will be given.

A day or so later, apparently out of an abundance of caution, Apex also cancelled its Alexandria, Egypt port visit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cwn said:

No these are two cruises are on a large ship, very short ones that are round trips from Haifa like the round trips RCL and Carnival do out of US ports. Where as Regent and others are much longer cruises. And only requiring a port change or like Regent one change involving air for many less passengers.

The Apex Israel, Egypt cruises were 10 days departing from Athens.  We were booked on the 10/16 sailing but cancelled earlier.

This is posted on US Department of State website under heading of "Learn About Your Destination dated 11 October 2023:

"Location: U.S. Consulate General Istanbul event:  There is a demonstration scheduled at the U.S. consulate tomorrow, Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.  While we do not anticipate any threat of violence from the protest, the Turkish National Police will be limiting vehicle traffic on the street  The Consular section will still be open for scheduled services, but vehicle traffic will be restricted. "

Hoping Regent is aware. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Goingplaces12 said:

This is posted on US Department of State website under heading of "Learn About Your Destination dated 11 October 2023:

"Location: U.S. Consulate General Istanbul event:  There is a demonstration scheduled at the U.S. consulate tomorrow, Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.  While we do not anticipate any threat of violence from the protest, the Turkish National Police will be limiting vehicle traffic on the street  The Consular section will still be open for scheduled services, but vehicle traffic will be restricted. "

Hoping Regent is aware. 

Honestly there are daily demonstrations in Turkey. This will not impact Regent's decisions.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

Honestly there are daily demonstrations in Turkey. This will not impact Regent's decisions.

Nor should it. There are demonstrations backing Hamas/Palestine going on right now around the world....no one is saying don't go to London or Harvard University in Boston.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Nor should it. There are demonstrations backing Hamas/Palestine going on right now around the world....no one is saying don't go to London or Harvard University in Boston.

Obviously no one should be traveling to Israel right now...I do get the concerns about Egypt given the port of entry is Alexandria but Turkey would not be of concern to me. But each traveler will have to decide their risk tolerance.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Earlier on this topic a poster said they knew 2 couples already in Israel touring before embarking on Voyager, I was hoping of an update of their situation and hopefully well-being. 

Hopefully they are  evacuated by now. What an experience!