The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 13th, 2023

richwmn

Oh, I'm sore! So much bending. I did mow the grass, which allowed me to see that my neighbor's tree company wasn't good at cleanup. I knew they had come into my yard, from my outdoor Blink camera. But I had to pick up many twigs in the back part of the yard, from the maple that they trimmed. And they removed a dying evergreen in the front, leaving my yard with many small branch pieces and lots of small pine cones. I'll have to rake those up another day. I wasn't happy.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

If you'd like to add them to the list, my upcoming cruise dates are: 11 days NW Statendam Oct 29-Nov 9 Rome round trip and 14 days NW Statendam Nov 26-Dec 10 Rome->FLL TA.

Thanks. I already have your trips on my list, compiled from Jacqui's Future Cruise Listing. 

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Thank you to all who posted the beautiful photos of Corfu. I would love to go there but I am afraid I couldn't walk very far because I would have to stop and pet each of those neat looking cats.

I am a few days behind because my son is here visiting for 2 weeks. It has been 2 1/2 years since we last saw each other, and we are both enjoying just quiet togatherness. Today is his 63rd birthday. Ouch, that makes me feel old. (Not really, I readily admit to my age.) On Monday we will have a family celebration dinner at Osaka for him.

My favorite silly saying is "If I had a brain I would be dangerous"

Jane

Happy Birthday to your son!

28 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening all, I hope everyone had a good day. I never got to post yesterday but I hope everyone is doing well I was to Corfu on KDAM premier sailing in 2016. I remember going to the Achelon palace and just a tour around the island. 
I have an update on Barb from her husband. She is wiped out from the chemotherapy and still not gaining any weight. Next week is an off week with no treatment and they hope to go to the mountains for a few days 🙏🤞

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Thanks for the update on Barb.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Oh, I'm sore! So much bending. I did mow the grass, which allowed me to see that my neighbor's tree company wasn't good at cleanup. I knew they had come into my yard, from my outdoor Blink camera. But I had to pick up many twigs in the back part of the yard, from the maple that they trimmed. And they removed a dying evergreen in the front, leaving my yard with many small branch pieces and lots of small pine cones. I'll have to rake those up another day. I wasn't happy.

I'm sorry you're feeling sore and also sorry about finding the mess the neighbor's tree company left behind!  I hope the soreness won't last too long.

I had a surprise while mowing today too -- the neighbor's dog left a deposit in our lawn. And it's the 2nd time this week. 😡 I know which one it is, because it's the only one that runs loose here.  

Jane @lazey1  Happy birthday to your son! 

And all of Greece seems to be a cat lover's paradise, so many beautiful cats!  (I do walk slowly there) 🤣

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It's Election Day today.  Results will begin to be announced after 7 pm, could be a long evening until all votes are counted.

We voted this morning, a big queue waiting, then went for our daily walk.

Will now go and read all the daily posts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

It was a successful day of meetings at new place. We were interviewed individually by social workers to see if we can live ok in independent living. We met with the director of sales to review our new trust restatement because it includes a first-to-die small disbursement so we need to be able to be approved financially not including that disbursement because of their benevolence commitment in case we exhaust our assets they won’t kick us out. And we met for a long time with the interior finishes person to pick flooring, paint, counters, closet shelving and several other options and requests.  I’m drained but feeling less stressed. Might go home tomorrow, a day sooner but it’s be good to get back. But tomorrow it’s supposed to rain so that could make for a miserable drive. We’ll sleep on it. 

Thanks all for your encouragement. Sending blessings for relief and solutions for those in pain. Safety for our many travelers. Peace for all countries which would mean peace for all people!  Maybe more could grow old instead of dying young. Enjoy their children and grandchildren like we got to today!  
Maureen

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Very late posting for me.  Arrived home very LATE Tuesday from Zuiderdam cruise.  Three flights and I felt like HE—!!!  Turns out I have COVID.  So, it has not been a great week.  I am now in quarantine in my seniors’ community.  

I am seriously re-thinking my future as a cruiser.  I have said I would continue for as long as I was able, but after this trip, I am not sure how many airline debacles I can handle.  Also, this last cruise was totally lackluster.

sorry to be such a downer.  Will try to catch up on my missed days while cruising. My wi-fi didn’t work so well on Z.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Thank you to all who posted the beautiful photos of Corfu. I would love to go there but I am afraid I couldn't walk very far because I would have to stop and pet each of those neat looking cats.

I am a few days behind because my son is here visiting for 2 weeks. It has been 2 1/2 years since we last saw each other, and we are both enjoying just quiet togatherness. Today is his 63rd birthday. Ouch, that makes me feel old. (Not really, I readily admit to my age.) On Monday we will have a family celebration dinner at Osaka for him.

Jane

Jane, so good to hear from you. Happy Birthday to your son. No way you could have a child that age. The celebration at the restaurant sounds like fun, I love tapanyaki. 

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

If you'd like to add them to the list, my upcoming cruise dates are: 11 days NW Statendam Oct 29-Nov 9 Rome round trip and 14 days NW Statendam Nov 26-Dec 10 Rome->FLL TA.

Wow, what a great cruise times 2. Are you staying in Italy between the two cruises?  Sounds like a dream trip. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Very late posting for me.  Arrived home very LATE Tuesday from Zuiderdam cruise.  Three flights and I felt like HE—!!!  Turns out I have COVID.  So, it has not been a great week.  I am now in quarantine in my seniors’ community.  

I am seriously re-thinking my future as a cruiser.  I have said I would continue for as long as I was able, but after this trip, I am not sure how many airline debacles I can handle.  Also, this last cruise was totally lackluster.

sorry to be such a downer.  Will try to catch up on my missed days while cruising. My wi-fi didn’t work so well on Z.  

Sorry to hear that you have Covid. I hope you can get some rest....probably easier in the senior's community than on your own. And also sorry that your cruise was less than expected.I think there are a number of us who are beginning to feel the same way about future cruises.

Susan

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Wow, what a great cruise times 2. Are you staying in Italy between the two cruises?  Sounds like a dream trip. 

Thanks for asking - I wish I was staying, but I have to work, so I will be coming home and going back. If I survive the jet lag (and pickpockets) I think they'll be fabulous. I've not done a TA, so this will be interesting to see how I handle all those sea days.

First trip is w/DH and 2nd is w/friend.

• Like 7

A very late good evening.  After my pneumonia vaccine, we had happy hour with our neighbors.  It had been quite a while since DH felt like happy hour, so I took it as a good sign he's improving.  He thinks it's going very slowly, but when I compare the last couple of days with even last week, I see a lot of improvement.  The thing that will take the longest is for the feeling of pressure in his head to go away.  Even with the shunt working as it should, it takes time for the body to adjust to the changes.  It's only been two weeks since the shunt was implanted.

5 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Jane, please widh your son HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.  I know you both are enjoying the visit.

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

An update on the dental situation:  Sara had two implants successfully started yesterday.  Looks like a good dentist; no problems and very little pain today.  I made a call to the VA hospital dental dept. yesterday.  Got thru after 45 minutes.  Instead of a bottle of wine while waiting I popped a bowl of popcorn to snack on.  Talked to the person, told her my situation and problem and she promised to pass the info on to the dental people and they would call me back.  They called back this morning stating that they are taking care of getting my "Community Care Referral" and I can expect a call back next week.  I asked if that meant Monday and they said probably not.  Tomorrow is the monthly DAV meeting in Bremerton.  I plan to attend and get some insight on how other veterans are dealing with this same problem.  Luckily there is no urgency on my part to get this dental work done.  

Ray

Ray, I'm glad your DW had very little pain from the start of the implants.  I'm also glad you are making progress with the VA for your dental work.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening all, I hope everyone had a good day. I never got to post yesterday but I hope everyone is doing well I was to Corfu on KDAM premier sailing in 2016. I remember going to the Achelon palace and just a tour around the island. 
I have an update on Barb from her husband. She is wiped out from the chemotherapy and still not gaining any weight. Next week is an off week with no treatment and they hope to go to the mountains for a few days 🙏🤞

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks. I already have your trips on my list, compiled from Jacqui's Future Cruise Listing. 

Happy Birthday to your son!

Vanessa, I'm sorry you are sore today.  The tree people should have done a better job cleaning your yard after they worked on the neighbor's trees.

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

It was a successful day of meetings at new place. We were interviewed individually by social workers to see if we can live ok in independent living. We met with the director of sales to review our new trust restatement because it includes a first-to-die small disbursement so we need to be able to be approved financially not including that disbursement because of their benevolence commitment in case we exhaust our assets they won’t kick us out. And we met for a long time with the interior finishes person to pick flooring, paint, counters, closet shelving and several other options and requests.  I’m drained but feeling less stressed. Might go home tomorrow, a day sooner but it’s be good to get back. But tomorrow it’s supposed to rain so that could make for a miserable drive. We’ll sleep on it. 

Thanks all for your encouragement. Sending blessings for relief and solutions for those in pain. Safety for our many travelers. Peace for all countries which would mean peace for all people!  Maybe more could grow old instead of dying young. Enjoy their children and grandchildren like we got to today!  
Maureen

Maureen, I'm glad the meetings went well.   Safe travels, home tomorrow or whenever you head home.

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

Mary Kay, I'm sorry you picked up Covid on your cruise.  I hope you feel better soon.  I wish your cruise had been better, too.

Lenda

• Like 10

8 hours ago, cruzn single said:

I am seriously re-thinking my future as a cruiser.  I have said I would continue for as long as I was able, but after this trip, I am not sure how many airline debacles I can handle.  Also, this last cruise was totally lackluster...

So sorry to hear you have Covid; hope it is a mild case and you recover quickly. 🤧🤕🤒

Unfortunate you had a less than stellar cruise - I hope it's not the last and the next is exactly what you want it to be.

Feel better soon.🙏

• Like 6

On 10/13/2023 at 3:57 AM, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Sam was released from the hospital to home a few days ago but yesterday he was admitted again. This time he had trouble breathing. My smoke alarm went off at 2:30 AM and I didn’t sleep all night. It’s not going to be a good day.

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2