New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This was the total Mid September , Jewel of the Seas 14 Night cruise to Greenland. Thought the numbers were quite high.

8 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

More than 200 pins on the Jewel cruise that ended today with a much higher d+ number.

I never experience numbers like that how and when we sail. Wonder in June/July had maybe 500-600 total D, D+, and P on the multiple weeks I saw numbers for (including my own cruise in early June).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

No idea. We only got the letter about the Crown. This b2b puts us at 607 points. We'll ask our friends who are pinns

We were under the threshold on first leg last year, then over on the following leg.  

We were not in a suite those 2 weeks since I scored favorite 9256 on that one.  😉 

20 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I never experience numbers like that how and when we sail. Wonder in June/July had maybe 500-600 total D, D+, and P on the multiple weeks I saw numbers for (including my own cruise in early June).

You think the fact that these Jewel sailings are cheap and Wonder are expensive have anything to do with that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:39 AM, Tree_skier said:

I'd like to know what sailing this is for.  Is there something special about this sailing that caused this or is truly an indication that this is the future.

We were on WONDER  Oct 8-15 and Diamonds weren't allowed in the lounge in the evening.  We are D+ and didn't try to go in the lounge, but heard a lot of complaints about the exclusions of Diamonds in the lounge.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You think the fact that these Jewel sailings are cheap and Wonder are expensive have anything to do with that?

Cheap, more convenient for retired people without kids to sail in October, new cruisers are less likely to go on Jewel than Wonder... I think there are many obvious reasons.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Cheap, more convenient for retired people without kids to sail in October, new cruisers are less likely to go on Jewel than Wonder... I think there are many obvious reasons.

Jewel is doing New England and Canada and just did Greenland .It's itinerary not cost.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:05 PM, RoyalC said:

Pompey, can you post the evening spread? Are Ds allowed or is it just D+ and above? 

IMG_2568.thumb.jpeg.66b0bed243854e01f39c3aec9d33e437.jpeg

Caprese Lollipops & Fingerling potatoes 

IMG_2569.thumb.jpeg.00b498fd54d9155e2167645ef1a61f32.jpeg

Free Cookes (for now) It’s a X thing

IMG_2570.thumb.jpeg.03a5b550ffff87449fdf7c5ce3b1cc24.jpeg

healthy offerings 

IMG_2571.thumb.jpeg.aaef5624117107d168ad9b06885f0d21.jpeg

Veggie Rolls, Chicken sticks and Beef Empanadas 

Sorry I captured after we had eaten at Chops, so this was what was there around 7:30

Yes D D+ and P all allowed 

GRANDEUR 10/19

Pinnacle 13

Diamond plus 96

Diamond 66

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Put it this way... the free drinks were flowing freely.

Jimbo - Thanks 

PCP and D+ BOGO worked as you said 

Chops for one 😉

Tonight see how Giovanni’s goes 

And our wonderful server got a nice cash tip 

and that was greater than if we had bought on board and did, so win win for all 

oh Chops only had 6 tables of PAX also 

IMG_2578.thumb.jpeg.d39b012e93e715fdfa10aec92fe91df8.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Jimbo - Thanks 

Chops for one 😉

WIth all the complaining about onboard food of late, I figured there'd be more gross sales.

41 minutes ago, BND said:

Why can't people shut up when the captain talks?  It's 2-3 minutes and you might learn something important. Anyway everyone here in the VCL is drinking and waiting to depart.

I can't stand it when people won't keep quiet for captain's announcements. If they aren't interested just be courteous to those who are.😡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BND said:

Why can't people shut up when the captain talks?  It's 2-3 minutes and you might learn something important. Anyway everyone here in the VCL is drinking and waiting to depart.

I'll shut up for the Cap'n, but not for the cruise director. Sorry.

23 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Jimbo - Thanks 

Chops for one 😉

Great, Glad it worked out for you!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't stand it when people won't keep quiet for captain's announcements. If they aren't interested just be courteous to those who are.😡

Most the times you can't hear it in the cabin in less you run to the cabin door and open it, no idea why the Captain's talks don't come directly into the cabins.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

It would be nice if they would post the Captain’s announcements on the app so people who are unable to hear (or discern) them can read them (or replay them if they want to do an audio file)

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Jimbo - Thanks 

Chops for one 😉

On Jewel the manager said they can only have so many tables at a time because they can only cook 28 steaks at one time. Said they could fill the Chops  a 100% full but couldn't get the meals out in a timely fashion. So it's why you will never see it full to capacity.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It would be nice if they would post the Captain’s announcements on the app so people who are unable to hear (or discern) them can read them (or replay them if they want to do an audio file)

Yes that or have an alert signal sounded once in the cabin with the ability to turn on the sound if one wanted to hear what was being said, rather than having to run to open the door. Having to run to open the door just seems so archaic with all the technology and AI we have today. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes that or have an alert signal sounded once in the cabin with the ability to turn on the sound if one wanted to hear what was being said, rather than having to run to open the door. Having to run to open the door just seems so archaic with all the technology and AI we have today. 

Yes, that would be good, but somehow they have disabled those controls in the cabin so no matter which way you turn the dial it does nothing. Pretty sad isn't it?

• Like 3