ICON OF THE SEAS

21 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I'm sure hundreds if not thousands on this board have. I booked for June 1, but looking forward to the media cruises, and reviews once the inaugural takes place. I am sure You Tube will be flooded with videos. 

The media coverage is going to be insane. I can only imagine what that inaugural is going to be like. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Concord Slim said:

Booked suites for the 2/10/24 and 12/14/24 when bookings opened... Little pricey but nothing like now as the prices are more than 2.5x of what we paid, heck a JS is now around 1.5x of what we paid for a sky class suite... lol   

We booked a sky JS the day reservations opened up for 7/6/24. It's up to 15k now. Nuts

• Like 3

To the person who said those on Icon are those who money is no object, that is NOT true! We booked a balcony on the Inaugural when bookings opened and paid under 4500 dollars with all our taxes, port fees and drink package. The longer you waited, the higher the price went.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, CapeGal said:

To the person who said those on Icon are those who money is no object, that is NOT true! We booked a balcony on the Inaugural when bookings opened and paid under 4500 dollars with all our taxes, port fees and drink package. The longer you waited, the higher the price went.

Agreed!  We booked day one and we took central park balconies (not my fav!) For me, this trip is all about the ship!  BTW.. it was 3362.  I can easily live with that.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, gumshoe958 said:

Looking at the prices they’re charging, people for whom money is no object.

Some people think that cruising is for people for whom money is no object.

It is all about priorities.

We are interested in it, we like longer cruises and do not have kids, but bookings are going pretty well.

Edited by Tatka

2 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Why’d you cancel? If you don’t mind sharing. 

I'm putting my cruise budget into bucket list trips around the world including many places that Royal doesn't sail.  I've done the Caribbean so many times I was sick of it before the pandemic and was shifting to bucket list trips but then the world shutdown. 

During the restart I wanted to stay close to home so I stuck with the Caribbean and Alaska but now that the world has more fully reopened I'm shifting back to my bucket list as I am once again burned out on the Caribbean.  Instead it's the Galapagos, Antarctica, South Africa, Europe river cruises, etc.

Plus for the money Royal is charging versus the cutback and loss of perks I might as well sail a better line for just a bit more.  

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, gumshoe958 said:

Looking at the prices they’re charging, people for whom money is no object.

Absolutely not true - I booked Nov 2022 and price for our balcony on deck 12 was $1045 (3 adults to the cabin - room total was $3135 for all of us). All about demand the timing. 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, Newcruiser215 said:

I booked the day reservations opened. 

We pretty much did too - and am so glad we did. Probably the only time we'll get to sail her.