New Elite benefit

cbfb

20 hours ago, di T said:

What were the pupu’s? 

They varied quite a bit but some were a little fancy for my taste. I'm happy with some cold cuts, cheese & crackers.... LOL

Some of the canapes would include smoked salmon, shrimp etc... You get the idea.

A server would come around with a tray and you just pointed to the ones you wanted. Unlike the buffet style in the Diamond Lounge on Royal.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:25 PM, mayleeman said:

I guess that was what I was fearing it would return to. We never had a chance to be in the Sky Lounge on the Refl in 2019 except for morning trivia contests. If it is limited to the 2 hrs in the letter, that should be okay.   Would like to enjoy it after dinner!

It was never more than a couple of hours, and never was the first night.  So there were plenty of hours you could have used the Sky Lounge.  Granted, they might not have been your preferred hours, but your post makes it seem like the lounge was blocked out all the time, from mid day on and that was never the case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

They varied quite a bit but some were a little fancy for my taste. I'm happy with some cold cuts, cheese & crackers.... LOL

Some of the canapes would include smoked salmon, shrimp etc... You get the idea.

A server would come around with a tray and you just pointed to the ones you wanted. Unlike the buffet style in the Diamond Lounge on Royal.

Yea I remember those nibbles,Hubby would say no thanks it will spoil our dinner! But I always grabbed a couple especially the ones with the cheese lol

It does seem like Celebrity is trying to do some good things for their loyal customers after making so many of them (us) angry because of all the cutbacks.  This and the opening of the Retreat Lounge for Zenith are positive steps for us as well as good PR for Celebrity.  They get a lot by doing this - they make their loyal passengers a bit happier, and it costs them barely a cent.  I hope they continue looking at ways to improve things.  

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, di T said:

Yea I remember those nibbles,Hubby would say no thanks it will spoil our dinner! But I always grabbed a couple especially the ones with the cheese lol

My sisters and I love "snackies". There are times at holidays that we have so many that there's more than is on the dinner table. You know I went to the CC event just for the snackies.

1 minute ago, patty1955 said:

My sisters and I love "snackies". There are times at holidays that we have so many that there's more than is on the dinner table. You know I went to the CC event just for the snackies.

Don’t think you were alone lol, years ago when we cruised with the 3 kids ( under 9 year olds)we cruised from the Uk and had similar loyalty events the kid adored the nibbles they nicknamed the waiters who used to serve them as weeny boys and the snacks were Weenies😂

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

It was never more than a couple of hours, and never was the first night.  So there were plenty of hours you could have used the Sky Lounge.  Granted, they might not have been your preferred hours, but your post makes it seem like the lounge was blocked out all the time, from mid day on and that was never the case.

On our cruise the lounge was closed all afternoon and evening. There was some organization on board using it except in the morning, when the bar itself was closed. (We didn't even know until I was doing a lot of reading here months later that the lounge was normally open; just assumed it was always booked for private stuff.)  I wasn't blaming that trip's lack of access on the happy hour, just afraid that the new one might stop us from finally being able to use it. As I said, I get it now.

On 10/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, kirtihk said:

It was already reduced/limited (a certain number of drink vouchers per a cruise) by then.

We cruised in on Silhouette in Nov 2019 and attended the daily (except embarkation) HH in the Skylounge. We had to order off the CC menu, but the # of drinks were not limited. There were no vouchers that cruise. 

I agree with what you stated, this isn't a new benefit, but a reinstated and reduced benefit. 

Edited by kathynorth

Given that most bars will also serve Captains Club drinks this change is definitely a plus in my opinion. Thanks Celebrity!

When we first sailed as Elite in 2017 it was a Yokohama to Vancouver repositioning cruise on the Millie.On boarding we were offered a drinks package at half price. We accepted! It turned out to be a good move as so many of our fellow passengers were Elite or above drink vouchers were issued to cope with the demand. (a black market in these precious vouchers soon developed)

There are two questions still exercising my mind concerning the announcement:

1 Will they serve canapes as before? I guess yes

2 Where will the event be held on the Edge Class ships which have no Sky Lounge. I reckon the best options are Eden Bar and the Club.

DW & I are doing a B2B on Edge next March.The second leg is a cruise only fare; hence the heightened interest in maximising our Captains Club benefits as newly minted Elite Plus members.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:57 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Not enough complaints listed.😊

38 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Not enough complaints listed.😊

Baseline,  it offers one more HH venue on some nights and though not mentioned there may be some type of snacks.  There is no reasoned way to critique until it is actually enacted and live.   

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, mrgabriel said:

We have fond memories of sitting in Michael’s Club at the end of the day and this seems to be a return to those times. My initial reaction is 👍👍👍

Many years ago Michaels Bar was used for Elite gatherings. It was also used by Perry Grove as a show venue. Now it is exclusively for Suites.

I expect the venue under the new system will depend on the number of Elite and above on that particular sailing.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Many years ago Michaels Bar was used for Elite gatherings. It was also used by Perry Grove as a show venue. Now it is exclusively for Suites.

I expect the venue under the new system will depend on the number of Elite and above on that particular sailing.

Perry Grant

• Like 1