News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

10 minutes ago, galelynn said:

If using hello@stockperks.com do you have to wait till it is 6 months before your cruise or can it be submitted before that?

Not sure.....I did mine in Dec and cruise in May

5 hours ago, phoebe2m said:

I thought there was a comment on this thread that Stock Perks was adding a web page version last month so we don't have to use the app. I tried to find the comment but there are too many. So if anyone knows, please let me know. I've been waiting for the non-app version. Thanks. 

That was my post.

I had talked with Scott McCartney, Chief Customer Officer, at Stockperks and he said they hoped to have a web page by the end of December 2023. I guess it did not happen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Thanks for the pointer.  I suspect it will be next week before we receive a confirmation.

The wait time seems to vary a lot - some folks received the 2nd email within 3 hours, some folks did not get it until a day later or even longer.

Then as you said, you need to access the App again to redeem.

Much easier for the customer, to go thru the email channel. It also seems much quicker, because after Redeemed, it still takes 5 days for the OBC to show up while the email channel only took 2 days from sending in request to seeing the OBC in the account.

It works just fine to use the app. 
My guess is they are only keeping that email option for a length of time to keep people happy. The app works, it’s quick and efficient and is the future. 
People don't generally wait until the last week or so to submit for the OBC, unless they didn’t know about it, anyways. It’s still less than a week for it to show up. That’s plenty of time for most people. 

I did not submit anything other than what they asked for, and gave no access to my financial accounts. 
I have read many posts where people are anxious and apply for the OBC more than a year early. I have no idea why they were accepting that, and maybe this is a new way to make sure people are actually holding the shares. 

19 hours ago, galelynn said:

If using hello@stockperks.com do you have to wait till it is 6 months before your cruise or can it be submitted before that?

On our recent submission, we requested OBC for upcoming 3 cruises in 2024; April, October, and December.  They only processed the April cruise due to Princess currently accepting request through July. 

We have to resubmit our requests for the other 2 cruises as we get closer to sailing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

It works just fine to use the app. 
My guess is they are only keeping that email option for a length of time to keep people happy. The app works, it’s quick and efficient and is the future. 
People don't generally wait until the last week or so to submit for the OBC, unless they didn’t know about it, anyways. It’s still less than a week for it to show up. That’s plenty of time for most people. 

I did not submit anything other than what they asked for, and gave no access to my financial accounts. 
I have read many posts where people are anxious and apply for the OBC more than a year early. I have no idea why they were accepting that, and maybe this is a new way to make sure people are actually holding the shares. 

Right, many folks submitted their request MANY months before their sailings, some even for 2015!  We always book our cruises (with any lines), about 2 to 3 months before sailing, so we do have the need to get the OBC request going as quick as possible.  I should have done it right after we paid for the cruise back in first week of Dec when there was a flash sale.  Other things get in the way to delay this chore till Jan 2024. 

Those lucky ones received their notification a few hours or within a day after submitting their proofs.  I haven't gotten anything, yet.  The acknowledge receipt email said 2 business days, so I would give them this time lapse.  If by next Mon or Tue still no response, I guess I would have to send in the proof via email channel.  I would prefer to take care of this sooner than later.  We have a lengthy land trip post cruise - I am still finalizing the itinerary, because once train tickets are purchased, if we want any change, the $ spent would be down the drain.  All 3 weeks hotels are booked with fully cancellable rates, so as the flights which are mileage tickets that do not cost anything to cancel up to 24 hours before departure.  But I need to concentrate in figuring the trains.  Hence one more thing checked off the To Do List, like making sure the OBC would post, would be a necessity to me.

As far as the Apps concerned - it has a lot of Pros but also a lot of Cons.  It will not do away with the tried and true websites for many things, from banking to hotels to airlines.  The oddity is, there are things that would perform far better on website but have no way to even try to do it on an App.  That happened last night when I was trying to modify a room booked at a Marriott hotel - website has the function of Edit Room,  App has no where such function to be found.  I went on Flyertalk to ask the Marriott forum where to find the function on the App - the answers are, Nope, it does not exist!  So when the rates or the point levels went down, or you want to change a room type - the only way to do it on the App is CANCEL and REBOOK!  Yet on the website you can do Edit Room, then Update.  Voila, you have a screen with options to choose from.

So no, App is not the future until it can be much perfected.  Companies want to push it as the future, but all you need to look at, is the advertisements from the banking industry - they no longer plaster the TV screen touting how convenient it is to bank using the App on your phone.  Further more, Chase literally DISABLES certain notifications thru text - now it is via Email only! 

There are personal preference arises from real need for wanting to use a Website than an App on the phone.

Many people, myself included, really dont want to use the tiny phone keyboard to do things if we can avoid it, plus I seriously dont want any rarely used app cluster my phone and takes up memory.  I usually uninstall any cruise line's apps after we finished the sailing.  No reason to keep them on the phone when the next time the need arises would be who knows how many months away.

Well, thank you for letting me to rant. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Right, many folks submitted their request MANY months before their sailings, some even for 2015!  We always book our cruises (with any lines), about 2 to 3 months before sailing, so we do have the need to get the OBC request going as quick as possible.  I should have done it right after we paid for the cruise back in first week of Dec when there was a flash sale.  Other things get in the way to delay this chore till Jan 2024. 

Those lucky ones received their notification a few hours or within a day after submitting their proofs.  I haven't gotten anything, yet.  The acknowledge receipt email said 2 business days, so I would give them this time lapse.  If by next Mon or Tue still no response, I guess I would have to send in the proof via email channel.  I would prefer to take care of this sooner than later.  We have a lengthy land trip post cruise - I am still finalizing the itinerary, because once train tickets are purchased, if we want any change, the $ spent would be down the drain.  All 3 weeks hotels are booked with fully cancellable rates, so as the flights which are mileage tickets that do not cost anything to cancel up to 24 hours before departure.  But I need to concentrate in figuring the trains.  Hence one more thing checked off the To Do List, like making sure the OBC would post, would be a necessity to me.

As far as the Apps concerned - it has a lot of Pros but also a lot of Cons.  It will not do away with the tried and true websites for many things, from banking to hotels to airlines.  The oddity is, there are things that would perform far better on website but have no way to even try to do it on an App.  That happened last night when I was trying to modify a room booked at a Marriott hotel - website has the function of Edit Room,  App has no where such function to be found.  I went on Flyertalk to ask the Marriott forum where to find the function on the App - the answers are, Nope, it does not exist!  So when the rates or the point levels went down, or you want to change a room type - the only way to do it on the App is CANCEL and REBOOK!  Yet on the website you can do Edit Room, then Update.  Voila, you have a screen with options to choose from.

So no, App is not the future until it can be much perfected.  Companies want to push it as the future, but all you need to look at, is the advertisements from the banking industry - they no longer plaster the TV screen touting how convenient it is to bank using the App on your phone.  Further more, Chase literally DISABLES certain notifications thru text - now it is via Email only! 

There are personal preference arises from real need for wanting to use a Website than an App on the phone.

Many people, myself included, really dont want to use the tiny phone keyboard to do things if we can avoid it, plus I seriously dont want any rarely used app cluster my phone and takes up memory.  I usually uninstall any cruise line's apps after we finished the sailing.  No reason to keep them on the phone when the next time the need arises would be who knows how many months away.

Well, thank you for letting me to rant. 

I should have been more clear about using the app. App or website, I do see differences, for sure. I just don’t understand why people want to use email for such things. 

If I know there are things I can’t do on an app, but I can do online, then I just go to the website, instead. 
It sounds like you have quite the adventure planned, I’m pretty jealous. 

27 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I should have been more clear about using the app. App or website, I do see differences, for sure. I just don’t understand why people want to use email for such things. 

If I know there are things I can’t do on an app, but I can do online, then I just go to the website, instead. 
It sounds like you have quite the adventure planned, I’m pretty jealous. 

Yeah, whatever catches the fly, as the old cliche says, then it is a good tool. LOL.

We normally use the TATL as a cheap way to get across the pond in comfort at much lower cost.  A land trip before or after, would always the main focus because we visited those cruise ports many times over the years.  In years past, the TATL ports were very generous - as in the sense that 2/3 of the Med ports would be part of a TATL.  Except for the Greek Isles and the Adriatic and Aegean Coast, you can visit nearly all the Med ports in 2 to 3 TATL cruises, with much lower costs.   Of course the cruise lines got wised up and now you only get the Spanish coast + may be a few ports along the French Riviera.  Sometimes you also get southern Italy ports. 

We really feel pity for passengers who do the cruises in Europe alone - they hardly have enough time to see anything more beyond the ports.  Land trips are must if one enjoy traveling in Europe, whether fly among cities, self-driving, or doing train trips.  We have done all such forms and then some (incl overnight ferries in the Baltic, and lesser visited Greek Isles).  The premise of such is Time.  Either you retire or you are digital nomad, else it is hard to do.

Have a good time on your upcoming cruise, regardless where you are sailing to. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

That was my post.

I had talked with Scott McCartney, Chief Customer Officer, at Stockperks and he said they hoped to have a web page by the end of December 2023. I guess it did not happen.

Thanks so much for your info! Both earlier and now. I was waiting for the website submission because I don't like doing App stuff. But my cruise is getting closer so I will go ahead and email my request to them. I hope Stockperks does get a web page for OBC submission. I've got more cruises coming up. Thanks again. 

On 1/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, LACruiser88 said:

I just emailed them at hello@stockperks.com with the cruise info and redacted stock statement.  They emailed me back to advise that they had received my request and the OBC was posted the following day.  Very easy!

Ditto. Emailed last night, confirmation email from Stockperks this afternoon and credit was on our booking when I checked a few minutes later. Sorry, just a little 'old school' and didn't want to use the App if I didn't have to....at least I didn't fax anything to anyone. Looking forward to our 4 year delayed cruise to Hawaii the end of March. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our recent submission, we requested OBC for upcoming 3 cruises in 2024; April, October, and December.  They only processed the April cruise due to Princess currently accepting request through July. 

We have to resubmit our requests for the other 2 cruises as we get closer to sailing.

thank you we will wait to submit our request.

On 1/4/2024 at 12:22 PM, LACruiser88 said:

I just emailed them at hello@stockperks.com with the cruise info and redacted stock statement.  They emailed me back to advise that they had received my request and the OBC was posted the following day.  Very easy!

Thanks for the info on using email.  Did you include the cruise information that was required in the past. Also, did you have your stock statement as an attachment or in the body of your email.   TIA

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks for the info on using email.  Did you include the cruise information that was required in the past. Also, did you have your stock statement as an attachment or in the body of your email.   TIA

I provided booking number, date of cruise, ship name.  The stock statement was included as an attachment.

I got our credit too, very easy. One question, once you have the onboard credit posted can you sell the stock if you want or do you have to keep it? Do they check once they have posted the on board credit?

34 minutes ago, abouna said:

I got our credit too, very easy. One question, once you have the onboard credit posted can you sell the stock if you want or do you have to keep it? Do they check once they have posted the on board credit?

You can sell the stock once you have the credit if you want. They won't recheck.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:33 PM, getaway101 said:

Not sure.....I did mine in Dec and cruise in May

For my April 10, 2024 cruise downlowed the app, requested 12/24/23, and on 12/26/23 received confirmation that it was posted to my account.   I never included a stock statement via the app.  The first email did note the following and I fell into group A.

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either: 

A.  Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or

B.  Request for more information regarding your application.

Edited by Kari and David

On 1/5/2024 at 1:52 PM, phoebe2m said:

Thanks so much for your info! Both earlier and now. I was waiting for the website submission because I don't like doing App stuff. But my cruise is getting closer so I will go ahead and email my request to them. I hope Stockperks does get a web page for OBC submission. I've got more cruises coming up. Thanks again. 

I was so frustrated and finally received Scott's name at stockperks.  He told me what info I should provide and I did.  Today finally received confirmation of obc for stocks.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, BlerkOne said:

It just means I will ignore until forced to comply via some other means instead of a CVP.

The current policy should work through Feb for cruises through June. +/-

I have been assimilated.

Not so bad. No account information given. Uploaded one redacted statement and used the same to apply for multiple credits across two different Carnival brands. So far, so good.

• Like 3

Submitted the proof last Friday thru the App.  Rec'd acknowledgement of receipt immediately, informing 2 business days wait to receive verification status.

Mon received approval of eligibility.  Informing it will take 5 business days to 1 or 2 outcomes as posted in No.315.

Wed just checked My Princess.  OBC not posted yet.

I am surprised by what Post 315 said, the poster has NOT submitted any statement, yet the OBC posted within 2 days, including the Xmas holidays!

Based on that I would speculate the App is a sham.  Things not only are still processed MANUALLY by human, but the human may NOT even know the proper processing.  Otherwise WHY someone never included a stock statement via the app as ownership proof, yet have the OBC posted within 2 days, WITHOUT stock ownership proof?

I am happy for the poster who got lucky and received the OBC without the need to submit the proof, and in such a quick manner.

But I feel the App is a bad set up, almost a failure because it does not ensure better and quicker processing.  The outcome is so all over the place, including no proof is submitted yet OBC posted!

=========================================================

For my April 10, 2024 cruise downlowed the app, requested 12/24/23, and on 12/26/23 received confirmation that it was posted to my account.   I never included a stock statement via the app.  The first email did note the following and I fell into group A.

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either: 

A.  Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or

B.  Request for more information regarding your application.

Edited Saturday at 02:08 PM by Kari and David

Done...but left scars.  I "think" it was the app that worked, although I also sent communications to hello@stockperks.com

Received 4 emails from stockperk asking for this and that within 22 minutes of request, I had my OBC credited to my account.  After transmission (again) it says it may take up to 5 days.  It is already on my account.  This was NOT fun, but worth the hefty OBC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Done...but left scars.  I "think" it was the app that worked, although I also sent communications to hello@stockperks.com

Received 4 emails from stockperk asking for this and that within 22 minutes of request, I had my OBC credited to my account.  After transmission (again) it says it may take up to 5 days.  It is already on my account.  This was NOT fun, but worth the hefty OBC.

Do you mind to elaborate in more details on exactly how you received the 4 emails, and what did they ask for? 

Were those emails from after you did it thru the App or after you also sent request to hello@stockperks.com?

Did you sent email request AFTER submitting request thru the App?

What did they want from you, despite (I assume) you gave them the stock ownership proof?

So far I only received 2 emails -

1st one acknowledged receiving manual submission of stock ownership proof thru the App using Alinea, informing it would take 2 business days to get a eligibility decision.

2nd one came exactly after 2 business days, informing the request was eligible and has been submitted to Princess.  It would take 5 business days to reach 1) OBC posted,  2) Need to ask you more information.

I assume you fell into the 2) before they posted the OBC ?

Thanks a lot for your patience and further information. 

10 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Do you mind to elaborate in more details on exactly how you received the 4 emails, and what did they ask for? 

Were those emails from after you did it thru the App or after you also sent request to hello@stockperks.com?

Did you sent email request AFTER submitting request thru the App?

What did they want from you, despite (I assume) you gave them the stock ownership proof?

So far I only received 2 emails -

1st one acknowledged receiving manual submission of stock ownership proof thru the App using Alinea, informing it would take 2 business days to get a eligibility decision.

2nd one came exactly after 2 business days, informing the request was eligible and has been submitted to Princess.  It would take 5 business days to reach 1) OBC posted,  2) Need to ask you more information.

I assume you fell into the 2) before they posted the OBC ?

Thanks a lot for your patience and further information. 

Why not use the email which is so, so simple

15 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

Why not use the email which is so, so simple

Yes.  But if you have read my posts in this thread before, I MISSED this method.  Submitted thru the App an hour before reading the email method. 

That reinforces the notion that the App is no more than just a Sham.  Everything is still done manually just like in the past.  Princess always reinvents something stupid to break what worked well in the past.  Just look at the Medallion (the button itself) and the App.  After years struggling with the Medallion App, they now replaced it with just Princess, even ditching the silly name that keeps confusing people - the App and the button, both have totally different functions.

After having 250 days on Princess, I honestly wish Royal has their new ships to Europe but alas, except Odyssey, all other ships are junks.  We normally just use the cruise as a very comfortable yet very reasonably priced way to go between both Continents.  None of the ports on TATL matters as we have been at them many many times.  The ships are what matter to us.  Royal has better ships, better App, far superior internet onboard.  Except! They dont do TATL. 

Edited by nho9504

35 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Yes.  But if you have read my posts in this thread before, I MISSED this method.  Submitted thru the App an hour before reading the email method. 

That reinforces the notion that the App is no more than just a Sham.  Everything is still done manually just like in the past.  Princess always reinvents something stupid to break what worked well in the past.  Just look at the Medallion (the button itself) and the App.  After years struggling with the Medallion App, they now replaced it with just Princess, even ditching the silly name that keeps confusing people - the App and the button, both have totally different functions.

After having 250 days on Princess, I honestly wish Royal has their new ships to Europe but alas, except Odyssey, all other ships are junks.  We normally just use the cruise as a very comfortable yet very reasonably priced way to go between both Continents.  None of the ports on TATL matters as we have been at them many many times.  The ships are what matter to us.  Royal has better ships, better App, far superior internet onboard.  Except! They dont do TATL. 

At least Princess still allows stockholder credit.  More than I can say about Royal.  Diamond Plus on Royal and Elite on Princess.  Royal just keeps taking more and more perks away.  But with that said…..Princess needs to leave well enough alone.  If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…..imo

• Like 1