Milestone Cruise Question

groundloop

I've recently booked what I later discovered will be our 25th cruise with Carnival and I've been attempting to understand our milestone reward.

Both my wife and I will reach our 25th milestone on the same cruise.  Will we be able to combine our rewards and effectively get a 50% OBC for any subsequent cruise?  Or will we need to use our rewards on separate cruises, one booked under her VIFP account and one under mine?

Edited by groundloop

13 hours ago, groundloop said:

I've recently booked what I later discovered will be our 25th cruise with Carnival and I've been attempting to understand our milestone reward.

Both my wife and I will reach our 25th milestone on the same cruise.  Will we be able to combine our rewards and effectively get a 50% OBC for any subsequent cruise?  Or will we need to use our rewards on separate cruises, one booked under her VIFP account and one under mine?

Combine or use separately.  Your choice. The 25% comes off the cruise fare portion only so choose well.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what happens if the milestone cruise is a solo cruise? Is the percent amount applied to the whole solo cruise fare  which is double? Carnival's T&C doesn't mention this situation. 

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Does anyone know what happens if the milestone cruise is a solo cruise? Is the percent amount applied to the whole solo cruise fare  which is double? Carnival's T&C doesn't mention this situation. 

Yes, keep in mind that in all cases it's just the base fare.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 1:33 AM, n6uqqq said:

Yes, I cruise solo and got double OBC.  Save it for an expensive cruise, lol, I got a nice chunk to spend.  Doesn't seem to expire, I waited a few years to use mine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

Yes, I cruise solo and got double OBC.  Save it for an expensive cruise, lol, I got a nice chunk to spend.  Doesn't seem to expire, I waited a few years to use mine.

It isn't doubled thou, it is the same 25%-50%-100% off the cruise fare unless you are considering that the cruise fare was double.

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I already got my milestone for 25 cruises (the white sign and sail card) but I want to get the 25% OBC on my 29th cruise.  When do I need to tell my PVP?  TIA!!

I did this and saved my OBC for a more expensive Alaska cruise. If I recall correctly, they can apply it after you make final payment. Its been a while since I did it, so maybe someone with more recent experience can chime in. But I am almost 99% sure it was when final payment was made.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I already got my milestone for 25 cruises (the white sign and sail card) but I want to get the 25% OBC on my 29th cruise.  When do I need to tell my PVP?  TIA!!

At least 30 days prior to your sail date.  If I recall we had to call the milestone desk ( in the link provided by BlerkOne) It wasn't something our PVP could do...but that was quite a while ago.  I think we used ours on #28 or 29.

Edited by Frank12
  • Like 1