Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

This is a report from someone that is onboard now:

Passenger log ocean-date 4530762024 Seranade of the 🌊 Seas. Barreling through Drakes Passage at 17 knots heading due south towards Elephant Island Antartica. Winds 42 Kts SW. While We are definitely feeling The affects of the wayward, unforgiving seas. Most of us were well prepared and expecting the ruckus movement. Some, however are simply not cut out to be on the open seas. This is apparently on display by the lessor amount of passengers being visible about. Presumably choosing to be confined in their state rooms undoubtedly riding out the movement of the vessel in the comfort of their beds. Luckily motion sickness is not something I’ve ever been afflicted with. Truth of it all I quite enjoy the movement. We have all been on whale watch since yesterday following the announcement by Captain Sig of the spotting of a Grey whale off the starbird side. Unfortunately few of us were able to observe said whale 🐋. It’s is expected there will be many more to spot over the next several days. Here a few different vantage points. In my opinion The ship is handling it all very well. Definitely some creeks and splashes but she appears to be strongly built for such a voyage, navigating the swells with ease and vigorously cutting through the winds. Stay tuned more to come…same Bat time, same Bat channel! Royal Caribbean Ultimate World Cruise Americas Segment Serenade of the Sea Ultimate World Cruise Bloggers & Sharerste

Also some are saying water/waves splashing up on heliport, some wave spray even hitting the bridge now.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I'll keep my thoughts to myself on that comment.😇 

Oh you bad boy you.  😄  

Skrewball Peanut Butter whiskey

Chambord Raspberry liquor

Splash of Cranberry juice

Over ice in old fashion rocks glass.......Mmmmm...tasty.  

20231231_202446.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Have you asked for a "Fluffernutter" (Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashion with Skrewball) yet?

Totally forgot!  Thanks...will do that next time.  Schooner bar is only place that has Skrewball.  Though I have teased Augus at the CL to bring some in...F&B won't let him do it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Much better than Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches...though last night both Bucky and I had our Peanut Butter and Jelly in a whole different way.  😄 🥃

One of our favorite bartenders in the Schooner Bar makes a good one!  Then we wandered into the Safari club to enjoy the screen trivia. He put pictures on a large screen for the subjects.  It was fun, and well attended.  

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you for editing & clarifying. I thought there might have been some over-sharing going on. 🤣😇

I knew what she was talking about. Mind meet gutter.😉😇

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is a report from someone that is onboard now:

Passenger log ocean-date 4530762024 Seranade of the 🌊 Seas. Barreling through Drakes Passage at 17 knots heading due south towards Elephant Island Antartica. Winds 42 Kts SW. While We are definitely feeling The affects of the wayward, unforgiving seas. Most of us were well prepared and expecting the ruckus movement. Some, however are simply not cut out to be on the open seas. This is apparently on display by the lessor amount of passengers being visible about. Presumably choosing to be confined in their state rooms undoubtedly riding out the movement of the vessel in the comfort of their beds. Luckily motion sickness is not something I’ve ever been afflicted with. Truth of it all I quite enjoy the movement. We have all been on whale watch since yesterday following the announcement by Captain Sig of the spotting of a Grey whale off the starbird side. Unfortunately few of us were able to observe said whale 🐋. It’s is expected there will be many more to spot over the next several days. Here a few different vantage points. In my opinion The ship is handling it all very well. Definitely some creeks and splashes but she appears to be strongly built for such a voyage, navigating the swells with ease and vigorously cutting through the winds. Stay tuned more to come…same Bat time, same Bat channel! Royal Caribbean Ultimate World Cruise Americas Segment Serenade of the Sea Ultimate World Cruise Bloggers & Sharerste

Also some are saying water/waves splashing up on heliport, some wave spray even hitting the bridge now.

I hope this is being posted with permission from the author. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I hope this is being posted with permission from the author. 

Thanks my friend!  🥰  I think it's pretty cool the bloggers, FB, and You tubers are sharing...though IMHO...I am not impressed at the drama queen mentality of some of the Tik Tok types...but it is yet another way to view things and has a following unto it's own.  

This thread was created as an Alternative to those other social media sites.  If people prefer those sites, well and good .......and can always continue to enjoy those separately.  😉 

Choice.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Guess I should go down there as well.  Being up on 10 makes the waves look less impressive. 🤔 

Bucky napping...the rocking puts him out.  

Did you feel those violent shudders just a bit ago?   Not so bad now.  And I swear things are leveling out a bit, though maybe wishful thinking.  From the track...almost looks like captain is steering a bit to port now.  

Yes!  Definitely felt those violent shudders - loud too!  We’ve also slowed down a bit!  I think the ship will keep adjusting the course slightly to whatever’s most comfortable.  It’s still pretty wavy and rocky though!  Right now, we’re just hanging out watching!

Edited to add:  another big shudder!  Feels like we’re driving through a pot-hole!

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Yes!  Definitely felt those violent shudders - loud too!  We’ve also slowed down a bit!  I think the ship will keep adjusting the course slightly to whatever’s most comfortable.  It’s still pretty wavy and rocky though!  Right now, we’re just hanging out watching!

Thank you Paula, Patricia, and Laura, for sharing today's adventures on the "Hugh Seas".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Cabins toward the bow will be hearing the banging all day and night when the ship bow comes down hard on the next wave.

If the upside down pineapple rooms were towards the bow would there be any difference?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

Edited to add:  another big shudder!  Feels like we’re driving through a pot-hole!

Hearing them in some of the FB videos posted.   And the creaking! Kind of exciting and wishing I was having the experience live!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If the upside down pineapple rooms were towards the bow would there be any difference?

Welcome to the gutter. It's getting crowded down here 😉

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks my friend!  🥰  I think it's pretty cool the bloggers, FB, and You tubers are sharing...though IMHO...I am not impressed at the drama queen mentality of some of the Tik Tok types...but it is yet another way to view things and has a following unto it's own.  

This thread was created as an Alternative to those other social media sites.  If people prefer those sites, well and good .......and can always continue to enjoy those separately.  😉 

Choice.  

Agree, well said. Thank You again for bringing us along!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Um, no!  But you can see the huge waves breaking off the bow as it goes through them.  What you can see from a nice window seat is fun to watch.  The Deck 5 view (closer to the waves) is/was more fun to watch the waves from than from our Deck 7 balcony!

Deck 3 elevators, after lunch

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you on the ship? I just wondered as you seem to know about the routing, weather impact, impending show cancellations, and even imminent upcoming cabin confinements.

They planned well. Tonight is Oppenheimer in theater

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2