Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Just booked Adventure B2B while on the ship this last week.  Perfect easy cruise for us out of PC late next year.  🙂 

We are on Adventure for the 1st time this New Year 2024/2025 cruise.  Had it booked before and were in the airport on Friday the 13th to board her on the 14th.  While we were in the airport, they made this announcement about something you may have heard about before (COVID-19), and shut all ships down the day we were supposed to board.  Let's hope this time is much less "Adventure"ous

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

We currently have 19 B2B or longer cruises booked on Adventure between April 2024 and April 2026, so maybe we will finally see you and Bucky on board😇

Thought I may see you on one, but from your list a few posts back, it looks like you avoid high pricing times when there are tons of kids on board.  As a teacher, that is the only time I can travel.

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We have always loved Radiance class ships, they’re more cozy, and so open to the ocean, which is part of why we cruise. Plus being smaller, they’re able to get Into smaller ports.

We’re on 2 segments of the WC starting June 20 in Ravenna to Barcelona. I expect the ship to be fuller since in the 20 days of cruise 19 are port days, so we can’t get bored….although I never get bored of sea days.

Excited to experience the Radiance class for the 1st time on the Serenade.  Had the Brilliance booked but they bumped us to Odyssey.  14 ports in 15 days for us on our segment, so likely the same as yours in terms of being busy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

We currently have 19 B2B or longer cruises booked on Adventure between April 2024 and April 2026, so maybe we will finally see you and Bucky on board😇

We are 10/25 and 10/31 B2B for 2025.  Another Halloween cruise.  🙂 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

We are on Adventure for the 1st time this New Year 2024/2025 cruise.  

We are on this one, too….as well as the Christmas cruise immediately prior to this one.  We did AD for Christmas/NY this past holiday season.  Lovely cruises.  Looking forward to doing it again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Thought I may see you on one, but from your list a few posts back, it looks like you avoid high pricing times when there are tons of kids on board.  As a teacher, that is the only time I can travel

We always book on board as soon as the new itineraries come out, and always book the same weeks each year, then salt in a few unique one offs that look interesting as we go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We are on this one, too….as well as the Christmas cruise immediately prior to this one.  We did AD for Christmas/NY this past holiday season.  Lovely cruises.  Looking forward to doing it again.

Yaaaah!  Are you dressing up for Halloween!  We love those cruises!  🥰

OMG...I was able to cook for the first time in over two months.  Drats...should have taken pictures...my seared brown sugar salmon (Tuvia BS of course) was to die for!  Steamed Broccoli that was actually cooked, and wild rice.  Wow....good to be home...but missing our friends and crew members.  🙂  

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...I was able to cook for the first time in over two months.  Drats...should have taken pictures...my seared brown sugar salmon (Tuvia BS of course) was to die for!  Steamed Broccoli that was actually cooked, and wild rice.  Wow....good to be home...but missing our friends and crew members.  🙂  

Since this  might be the most time you and others who were on the full segments have ever been on a cruise ship if  anyone soon will be feeling the effects  of sea legs?

Have you ever experienced the feeling of your body being out of sync with the way the earth is moving?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We are on Adventure for the 1st time this New Year 2024/2025 cruise.  Had it booked before and were in the airport on Friday the 13th to board her on the 14th.  While we were in the airport, they made this announcement about something you may have heard about before (COVID-19), and shut all ships down the day we were supposed to board.  Let's hope this time is much less "Adventure"ous

Thought I may see you on one, but from your list a few posts back, it looks like you avoid high pricing times when there are tons of kids on board.  As a teacher, that is the only time I can travel.

Excited to experience the Radiance class for the 1st time on the Serenade.  Had the Brilliance booked but they bumped us to Odyssey.  14 ports in 15 days for us on our segment, so likely the same as yours in terms of being busy.

I think being moved from Brilliance to Odyssey is a big step up.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think being moved from Brilliance to Odyssey is a big step up.

It was.  We booked Brilliance for cheap.  They moved us to Independence.  Then, when Odyssey did not go to Israel, they brought it to Florida.  We were on its 3rd sailing ever.  750 passengers on board (right after the Covid restart).  That was a real different feeling on that cruise and will always remember it.  Still, I am looking forward to trying the Radiance class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That is something I would have trouble giving up for a long time...the ability to cook what I want, when I want.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

It was.  We booked Brilliance for cheap.  They moved us to Independence.  Then, when Odyssey did not go to Israel, they brought it to Florida.  We were on its 3rd sailing ever.  750 passengers on board (right after the Covid restart).  That was a real different feeling on that cruise and will always remember it.  Still, I am looking forward to trying the Radiance class.

I was on Allure after the reopening at about 50% capacity. What an amazing sailing. I, like you, will never forget that experience. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, that is a lot of cruising. We've done several cruises on Adventure out of San Juan as well as Ft. Lauderdale. Always enjoyed the time I've had on her. I'm just not a big fan of the old Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers shows.

No dancers on Serenade, added an extra singer

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We were on the invitation only (free) practice cruise on Navigator after Covid - before paying cruisers…..300 passengers and over 900 crew getting a refreshment/orientation 3 day cruise……so cool!

We were 2 of 600 on Allure for her post covid tryout.

What was odd is we were also on her last voyage pre covid. It was like we never left

Screenshot_20240212_171353_Instagram.jpg.d35e7fdef7176dfb062dfe84ec0c514b.jpg

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 13

16 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We were on the invitation only (free) practice cruise on Navigator after Covid - before paying cruisers…..300 passengers and over 900 crew getting a refreshment/orientation 3 day cruise……so cool!

We were on that cruise too!. It was definitely different with only 300 passengers but crew were so happy to see passengers again.....and we were happy to see them. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was on Allure after the reopening at about 50% capacity. What an amazing sailing. I, like you, will never forget that experience. 

We were on Odyssey when it was running at about 20% capacity.  It felt kind of eerie with that few passengers and having crew outnumber us 3 to 1.  Not sure if I liked it at the time, but when we sailed her again at full capacity 7 months later, I realized how great a cruise that post-Covid start up one was.

19 minutes ago, cruising twosome said:

We paid for our cruise, but the price was amazingly cheap.  Nobody we talked to could believe we were actually FLYING in an airplane and then nuts enough to go on a cruise for a week when Covid was still a huge issue.  It felt absolutely amazing after 2 years without a vacation to have that experience with our family.  Plane was empty.  Hotel was empty.  Beach was empty.  Ship was empty.  Kind of felt like we were in the movie "I am Legend" or in the tv show "The Last of Us" - minus the zombies of course.

• Like 6

First of five days at sea on our way to Hawaii. Cool (14 Celsius according to the ship info) and cloudy. Sun peaked out a bit from time to time but it stayed very cold  all day. It was 8 Celsius on our balcony in the early evening. But still a relaxing day at sea. Our highlight was seeing dolphins jumping out of the water beside the ship.

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

First impressions of our cruise are good. The food is very good and the crew is excellent. They are very pleasant and friendly which makes the cruise even better.

The ship is nice and in good shape for the most part. The closet doors in our cabin did not shut properly and were vibrating once we were underway.  Maintenance were not able to fix them. They discussed moving us to another cabin but we were all unpacked and organized so we told them to remove the closet doors. The entrance is narrow in any event so not having closet doors makes it easier to access the closet. It works for us.

Guest services told us there are now 1423 passengers on board which they say is a few hundred less than the previous segment. 

• Like 22

28 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

First impressions of our cruise are good. The food is very good and the crew is excellent. They are very pleasant and friendly which makes the cruise even better.

The ship is nice and in good shape for the most part. The closet doors in our cabin did not shut properly and were vibrating once we were underway.  Maintenance were not able to fix them. They discussed moving us to another cabin but we were all unpacked and organized so we told them to remove the closet doors. The entrance is narrow in any event so not having closet doors makes it easier to access the closet. It works for us.

Guest services told us there are now 1423 passengers on board which they say is a few hundred less than the previous segment. 

Thanks for the Posts, keep them coming!

• Like 15

Just read a news report that said an elderly woman traveling solo was found dead in her cabin while the ship was in LA, cause unknown.

Also a 16 year old fell to his death on the Allure, no details released pending further investigation.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Just read a news report that said an elderly woman traveling solo was found dead in her cabin while the ship was in LA, cause unknown.

Also a 16 year old fell to his death on the Allure, no details released pending further investigation.

My DH heard there was a death onboard.  It's not uncommon.  As for the Allure, that happened a while ago.  From what I can find, it was in Nov.

• Like 2