Jump to content

Currently on Sky - Churchills going away?


BRDLY99
 Share

Recommended Posts

It already happened on the Royal and soon to change on the Discovery.  
While some are probably upset about it, I think most people are happy about the change.  It’s obvious to remain or regain profitability, cruiselines are going to have to appeal to new cruisers.  
I feel like it is a step in the right direction.  
 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It already happened on the Royal and soon to change on the Discovery.  
While some are probably upset about it, I think most people are happy about the change.  It’s obvious to remain or regain profitability, cruiselines are going to have to appeal to new cruisers.  
I feel like it is a step in the right direction.  
 

Totally agree!  Now, if Princess would just catch up and prohibit all indoor smoking, specifically the casino, there would be a lot more ecstatic passengers.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

That eliminates Princess for our future cruises. I smoke cigars, and that was the only comfortable place.

It’s a sign of the times and the cruise industry is now catching up to the demands of their guests.  I’m sure Princess will provide cigar smokers a comfortable outdoor area.  Indoor smoking is becoming a thing of the past, thank goodness.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Totally agree!  Now, if Princess would just catch up and prohibit all indoor smoking, specifically the casino, there would be a lot more ecstatic passengers.


That point is in my survey each and every time.  Celebrity banned all indoor smoking a long time ago and they are still filling their casinos.  

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Snaxmuppet said:

There are kids-free cruises... How about a smoke-free cruises where smoking is prohibited everywhere?

 

I finds kids a lot less annoying than smokers!

 

Just a thought...

ALL cruises should be smoke free and prohibited everywhere except designated outdoor areas.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

ALL cruises should be smoke free and prohibited everywhere except designated outdoor areas.  


Nothing makes me feel sicker than smoking and strong perfume / cologne.  I’ve had CoVid three times and was never as sick as when asthma sets in from those toxic fumes.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

ALL cruises should be smoke free and prohibited everywhere except designated outdoor areas.  

How can a cruise be smoke free but have designated outdoor smoking areas? That is not smoke free.

 

Finding NS crew for smoke free vessels might be a challenge.

Edited by SteveH2508
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’m sure Princess will provide cigar smokers a comfortable outdoor area.

I suspect cigar smoking outdoors will actually annoy more people than smoking in an indoor, enclosed, ventilated, purpose-built room, but what do I know?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I suspect cigar smoking outdoors will actually annoy more people than smoking in an indoor, enclosed, ventilated, purpose-built room, but what do I know?


Celebrity has an area out in the aft of the ship on one side where cigar and cigarette smoking is allowed.  Believe me when I say, it’s a lot less annoying outside than walking by Snookers or Churchill’s or through the casino to go to the theater.  
 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

How can a cruise be smoke free but have designated outdoor smoking areas? That is not smoke free.

 

Finding NS crew for smoke free vessels might be a challenge.

Smoke free EXCEPT for outdoor smoking areas.  On Celebrity, which is indoor smoke free, there are designated OUTDOOR areas for both guests and crew.  Everyone is happy with this policy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:


Celebrity has an area out in the aft of the ship on one side where cigar and cigarette smoking is allowed.  Believe me when I say, it’s a lot less annoying outside than walking by Snookers or Churchill’s or through the casino to go to the theater.  
 

You could be right, but my recollection is that I've read a lot more complaints from people about passing near the outdoor smoking areas on cruise ships than I have about walking by Churchills.  The casino, now that's a different matter. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mnocket said:

You could be right, but my recollection is that I've read a lot more complaints from people about passing near the outdoor smoking areas on cruise ships than I have about walking by Churchills.  The casino, now that's a different matter. 

Celebrity outdoor smoking areas are easily avoided.  You do not need to walk by them to get anywhere on the ship.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Smoke free EXCEPT for outdoor smoking areas.  On Celebrity, which is indoor smoke free, there are designated OUTDOOR areas for both guests and crew.  Everyone is happy with this policy.

Really? You have spoken to everyone? Crickey!

 

You must have missed me... no-one spoke to me about it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Really? You have spoken to everyone? Crickey!

 

You must have missed me... no-one spoke to me about it.

I did not say I personally spoke to everyone.  However, we’ve been on 20+  Celebrity cruises and I have never heard a passenger complain about outdoor smoking that is easily avoided and we have had many conversations with the staff and crew and those people are happy.  Sorry that you were left out of our conversations.  Why are you so bothered by my comment?  Crickey!   
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Everyone is happy with this policy.

Well, put me in the non happy with this camp.  On Equinox in October and the smoking area had the walking/running path going right through it.  I would think they could put it away from stuff like that.

On Sky, smoking area is by wake pool, so non smokers using the wake pool have smoke around.

 

All cruise lines should designate a smoking area away from other public spaces 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I did not say I personally spoke to everyone.  However, we’ve been on 20+  Celebrity cruises and I have never heard a passenger complain about outdoor smoking that is easily avoided and we have had many conversations with the staff and crew and those people are happy.  Sorry that you were left out of our conversations.  Why are you so bothered by my comment?  Crickey!   
 

 

I wasn't bothered as you put it. But you seemed to speak for everyone when clearly you don't. I for one would much prefer the entire ship to be smoke-free and from talking to others (my friends and family mainly) about smoking in general I am certain many others may think the same. It is pretty arrogant to just assume that you speak for everyone else.

 

I accept that you haven't heard anyone complain but that doesn't mean that they are all happy with the situation. Not many people complain even when they don't like something, especially when on holiday.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...