Difficulty calling HAL

roswellcruiser1

They cut over to a new phone system on Wednesday, 12/6. I tried calling Thursday morning (East coast time) and got "The number you are calling cannot be dialed..." It eventually cleared up.

I just tried calling now. The "thank you for calling... Your call may be recorded" is on infinite loop.

Are the website people in charge of the phones now? 🙃

Edited by POA1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Needed to call HAL yesterday. Attempted calling their 877 and 855 numbers and got "The number you are calling cannot be dialed" on the 1st try and the second time the automated lines tried to transfer me to the correct department and the call immediately ends.  Waited about 1/2 hour and called their 800 and after answering the automated menu questions my call was answered after 2 rings. 

The new phone system is not working that well!  I had so much difficulty contacting our PCC we eventually just did it all by email.  I couldn't get through from here (Canada) and she said all her calls to us were just going to voice mail after one ring, but we were in and not on the phone.  I think I did get through to her one time, in very convoluted way, (as I do not give credit card numbers by email), but that was just plain luck!  It's unfortunate they were working on the website AND the phone at the same time.  Made life difficult...

Of course that was a few days ago - maybe all is well now?

Edited by Vict0riann

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

What does it profit you to you book directly and keep 'control' of your booking but can't exercise that control by calling but not getting through?

One of the many reasons I book through a TA.

Yes, I wonder if some day someone will explain why having to call the cruise line for any changes is "keeping control of their booking".

WOW!!! Beyond frustrated!! Phones not working x 1 week... one call I got thru and employee never called back with info( she didn't know answer to my request for an email of my confirmed booking) Static on lines, while waiting for someone to pick up a recording says "post 005", then disconnects, web site not working (ongoing issue), email addresses not working, chat "no one available", shore excursions "bad request", "echsupport@hollandamerica.com  the email address you entered couldn't be found" (from their website!!). 

Holy smokes, I'm thinking of cancelling the booking. How do you pay if you can't get thru, or get a receipt of payment?? Still waiting for a confirmed booking email. Yes, I know what is owing is located on "my account" but it doesn't itemize details, only what's owing.

Any ideas how I can get my confirmed booking statement??? 

I feel left out....We are 4* mariners and have cruised with HAL for over 20 years and I cannot think of any time we have ever called HAL directly....wait....except to call to ask for upsells...and they always answer that hot line $$$$ fast and that is like a 2 minute call. 

I must be missing out on something.......and glad I have a TA whose job it is to take care of my cruise booking/questions. 

• Like 2