does Celebrity match Royal Carribean crown and anchor status

On 12/9/2023 at 9:47 AM, Bonnieandthejewel said:

We have platinum status on Royal Carribean.  Will they be able to be transferred to Celebrity on cruise we are taking in January?

It should be noted that what you get will get a status match, in ;your case the match will be Select on Celebrity but your points don't transfer to Celebrity and any points earned on Celebrity will not be added to your Crown and Anchor points. Points earned will be Captains Club points. If the January cruise is your first on Celebrity you will be starting at zero points in the Captains Club. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LeeW said:

Should transfer automatically.  Sign on to Celebrity website with your C&A email/password and it should indicate your status even if you haven't booked a cruise.

To add to your post, every time I sail on Celebrity my level has been Elite (based on D+ with RCI) without having to contact anyone. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

If the January cruise is your first on Celebrity you will be starting at zero points in the Captains Club.

I already have 3 points, and my first Celebrity cruise isn’t until May. I think I remember some random things you can do for points.

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I already have 3 points, and my first Celebrity cruise isn’t until May. I think I remember some random things you can do for points.

You can earn Power Up Points where you get one CC point per 3 PUP points. At the rate they have been offering those you might be able to get a few more CC points before your sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

You can earn Power Up Points where you get one CC point per 3 PUP points. At the rate they have been offering those you might be able to get a few more CC points before your sailing. 

I thought it was one CC point per 10 PUPs?

Edit... I see this was just covered above.

Also understand that the two lines do not offer perk-for-perk amenities. For example, we're D+ on Royal, Elite On Celebrity. Ironically, the C&A benefits are far greater than those with Captain's Club. We get two days of Internet service on Royal, only ninety minutes on Celebrity. The types of complimentary drinks are virtually unlimited (five per day) on RCI, but only basic cocktails are available on Celebrity ... and for just two hours daily. There's no free photo on X and no Diamond Club-type hangout, although Celebrity will now make a specific bar available for Captain's Club members, but only for a couple of days per cruise. If there are similar itineraries offered by both lines, we choose Royal every time, largely for the perks.

7 hours ago, jewopaho said:

Also understand that the two lines do not offer perk-for-perk amenities. For example, we're D+ on Royal, Elite On Celebrity. Ironically, the C&A benefits are far greater than those with Captain's Club. We get two days of Internet service on Royal, only ninety minutes on Celebrity. The types of complimentary drinks are virtually unlimited (five per day) on RCI, but only basic cocktails are available on Celebrity ... and for just two hours daily. There's no free photo on X and no Diamond Club-type hangout, although Celebrity will now make a specific bar available for Captain's Club members, but only for a couple of days per cruise. If there are similar itineraries offered by both lines, we choose Royal every time, largely for the perks.

You are comparing D+ to Elite. Celebrity has Elite+, but match only goes up to Elite.

Celebrity offers Elite breakfast daily for several hours with Bellinis, Bloody Mary, Mimosas etc.

As for drinks … yes menu is different, but it’s more extensive than what Royal used to have on limited menu, and you can get it in almost any bar.

7 hours ago, jewopaho said:

The Wi-Fi may only be 90 mins but you don’t have to use it concurrently ( as you do with the 24hr access on RCI).  Therefore you can log in and off, using about 10 mins a time and it lasts for several days this way. 

58 minutes ago, Tatka said:

As for drinks … yes menu is different, but it’s more extensive than what Royal used to have on limited menu, and you can get it in almost any bar.

However, it doesn't really matter what RCI used to have. What they do have beats Celebrity by far.

There are only a couple of Elite benefits we're looking forward to next week, our first time Elite on X.  The Elite breakfast (if we're up for breakfast) and the laundry service.

I wish X did the 4 vouchers daily like Royal.   Happy hour from 5-7 doesn't work for us.  It's when we're typically getting ready for, and at dinner.

Fortunately we got the "all-in" for a reasonable price this time.  Can't wait to sail X again, only 8 days!

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

You are comparing D+ to Elite. Celebrity has Elite+, but match only goes up to Elite.

If you look at the chart posted by @hallasm it indicates that the reciprocity between the two programs has Royal Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle all receiving the benefits of Celebrity Elite, and Celebrity Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith all receiving the benefits of Royal Diamond.  (There are also combined tier benefits for the lower tiers beginning at Platinum and Select). 

Although both have the same number of similar tiers, neither line's match is one for one at all levels.  And as mentioned the Royal Crown and Anchor program is more robust in terms of benefits at each tier level than Celebrity Captain's Club.

But the reciprocity is nice as a perk and, although points earned remain with each line earned with, it is the only shared benefit program between two cruise lines that I am aware of.  (I know MSC has a tier matching offer for new cruisers, but that is a one way program and has conditions included to maintain it).

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I wish X did the 4 vouchers daily like Royal.   Happy hour from 5-7 doesn't work for us.  It's when we're typically getting ready for, and at dinner.

To add, the Celebrity cocktail hour is not offered on the first night or on the Captain's night.  However, Elite and higher are invited to that event, which is held in the same lounge, where cocktails are served. We have also been on cruises with Celebrity where the 5 - 7 cocktail hour was limited to three drinks, regardless of status.

This is just one example of the differences between the two programs.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you look at the chart posted by @hallasm it indicates that the reciprocity between the two programs has Royal Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle all receiving the benefits of Celebrity Elite, and Celebrity Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith all receiving the benefits of Royal Diamond.  (There are also combined tier benefits for the lower tiers beginning at Platinum and Select). 

Although both have the same number of similar tiers, neither line's match is one for one at all levels.  And as mentioned the Royal Crown and Anchor program is more robust in terms of benefits at each tier level than Celebrity Captain's Club.

But the reciprocity is nice as a perk and, although points earned remain with each line earned with, it is the only shared benefit program between two cruise lines that I am aware of.  (I know MSC has a tier matching offer for new cruisers, but that is a one way program and has conditions included to maintain it).

Exactly

Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacles receive Elite perks - they do not receive Elite+ or Zenith perks

Elite, Elite Plus, Zeniths receive Diamond perks - They do not receive Diamond+ or Pinnacle

So there is no point to compare 2 days of free internet which only applies to D+ ....

And yes we like that there is reciprocity. Carnival umbrella does not have it. It does not matter how much you sailed on Princess or Holland, or Carnival, Costa, Seabourn you are at entry level on others!

43 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

To add, the Celebrity cocktail hour is not offered on the first night or on the Captain's night.  However, Elite and higher are invited to that event, which is held in the same lounge, where cocktails are served. We have also been on cruises with Celebrity where the 5 - 7 cocktail hour was limited to three drinks, regardless of status.

This is just one example of the differences between the two programs.

And to add to that since the restart the CC HH was terminated in the Sky Lounge. The CC HH for Elite and above was then changed to drinks at most bars and held from 5 to 7 with unlimited drinks but no snacks. No change as far as the first evening and the senior offers gathering from the past. I believe starting January 2024 (can't remember the date. I deleted my CC letter) the CC will go back to hosting the CC HH gathering from 5 -7 in a lounge to be announced (ship specific for the lounge) with snacks and drinks. Like it use to be. But limited to only two evenings. A new event (post covid) for Elite and above is the "Music and Mixology" event. Started out only on E class ships but now is Fleetwide. One night only, starting at 5. About an hour long. We've enjoyed the ones we've attended, 

Edited by doghog

12 minutes ago, doghog said:

I believe starting January 2024 (can't remember the date) the CC will go back to hosting the CC HH gathering from 5 -7 in a lounge to be announced (ship specific for the lounge) with snacks and drinks. 

Along that line, as you indicate, Celebrity is reportedly going to establish a lounge (as was pre-pandemic) that will be specific to Elite and higher members for this purpose.  Information I have heard indicates that it is an effort to be somewhat comparable to Royal with their now renamed Diamond Club as the "Crown Lounge".  This may become something similar?

26 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Along that line, as you indicate, Celebrity is reportedly going to establish a lounge (as was pre-pandemic) that will be specific to Elite and higher members for this purpose.  Information I have heard indicates that it is an effort to be somewhat comparable to Royal with their now renamed Diamond Club as the "Crown Lounge".  This may become something similar?

Who reported this? Information you heard where about a lounge comparable to Royal? There was no Elite Lounge pre pandemic. There were the Elite breakfast hours and the Elite social hours from 5-7 in a lounge. No dedicated lounge. 

39 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Who reported this? Information you heard where about a lounge comparable to Royal? There was no Elite Lounge pre pandemic. There were the Elite breakfast hours and the Elite social hours from 5-7 in a lounge. No dedicated lounge. 

No there wasn't a dedicated lounge - but the HH was always (in our experience) in the sky observation lounge.  And during the 5 - 7 cocktail hours it was open only to Elite and higher members, which in that manner had it dedicated just to them at those times. 

I really don't want to debate this as I would like this thread to remain intact.  I was just responding to a comment made by @doghog.  But it's information that first appeared here: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/09/27/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-considering-merging-loyalty-programs-the-future