Mimosas can you specify the champagne?

NMTraveller

I always order a mixed drink on board naming the liquor I want. Otherwise, you get "well" liquor. I expect if you have a classic pkg., the only sparkling wine available will be Chandon. With the premium pkg. , I always ask for French champagne, and stress I do NOT want Chandon. Or I order by the name of whatever "real" champagne they have on board at the time, which currently seems to be Haslinger. 

24 minutes ago, 39august said:

I always order a mixed drink on board naming the liquor I want. Otherwise, you get "well" liquor. I expect if you have a classic pkg., the only sparkling wine available will be Chandon. With the premium pkg. , I always ask for French champagne, and stress I do NOT want Chandon. Or I order by the name of whatever "real" champagne they have on board at the time, which currently seems to be Haslinger. 

Chandon isn’t on the Classic package, it goes for $12 a glass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

You mean I cannot get them to use Dom in my free mimosa at the Tuscan Elite Breakfast? 😉

I’m not saying categorically that they can’t do this for you, but I will say that if that’s what you want, they should at least get 24 hours notice to be able to have it for you there.  🍾

16 minutes ago, mom says said:

But the question is... why would you bother if it's going into a mimosa? 

Because, if you have the primium package you can.

I ask for top shelf in all my drinks, not that I can taste the difference, but because I paid for it and I can.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, PMT51 said:

Because, if you have the primium package you can.

I ask for top shelf in all my drinks, not that I can taste the difference, but because I paid for it and I can.

I agree, it's a really odd question why anyone would question it ... If you've paid for the premium beverage package, I think it absolutely entitles you to top shelf liquors in all your mixed drinks, regardless of if it's a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary or a Martini or any other cocktail. If your cost is $90/day (which plenty of people are paying that un-discounted rate), why should you expect anything else?

Agree   Entitled though doesn’t mean you will get it.  we always have Premium package, and I dont know how many times, outside of Luminae or Blu,  they tried to pass a classic cheap cheap wine off rather than Villa Maria, which is what we drink at home.  if you dont see them make your mimosa, cant go back on them.    we ve stood at the bar, asked for Villa Maria, saw card swiped and guy poured a Savignon Blanc from the bottom of the Classic package.   

6 hours ago, mom says said:

But the question is... why would you bother if it's going into a mimosa? 

If you put Prosecco or a non Brut wine/bubbly it will be too sweet.  I can still taste the wine in a Mimosa though it is not as pronounced.

The same people said why put a top shelf tequila in a margarita.  I can definitely taste the difference in a second.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

Hello,

Based on experience, I very much doubt they would put (genuine) Prosecco in a mimosa - or anything else for that matter.

Again, based on experience, the only way you can be guaranteed being served Prosecco and not the cheap swill they serve as such, is to buy it by the bottle and have in kept in your preferred bar.

The motto of both X and Royal is 'serve cheap, charge dear'.

This is a problem I never have on MSC.

Regards,

Cublet

As I look back over this thread, it seems that the question about mimosas isn’t the real question.  The OP wants to know if he can order expensive champagne and the answer is, you can order champagne by the glass and you may have it included in your package, or it may incur an up charge.  It might not be available at every bar.

having ordered it, you can also order whatever, mixin you choose, from orange juice to cranberry juice to kir.

15 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Agree   Entitled though doesn’t mean you will get it.  we always have Premium package, and I dont know how many times, outside of Luminae or Blu,  they tried to pass a classic cheap cheap wine off rather than Villa Maria, which is what we drink at home.  if you dont see them make your mimosa, cant go back on them.    we ve stood at the bar, asked for Villa Maria, saw card swiped and guy poured a Savignon Blanc from the bottom of the Classic package.   

I like the villa maria but purchase the reserve from Wairu Valley I took one onboard as my included bottle and once finished I ordered from the bar which is not nearly as good. 

• Like 1