Grandeur live 12/14 - 12/21

lorimay

41 minutes ago, lorimay said:

We were on deck 7 just aft of the fire elevators, port side. Other than the noise from neighbors, it was very quiet an a great location. 

Thank you.  We will be on deck 6 next year.  Hope it's not the same all over the ship.  Sorry to hear it was like that in while inside the cabin.   

My friend just got off the new Oceania vista. 
same parent company. Same shipyard. Same problem

ncl is now quite aware of the issue. 

it is not every cabin. I’m in my third cabin and so far we have not heard anything. But we are in larger suites and those might be unaffected. I believe the issue occurs when the bed in one suite shares a wall the tv or sitting area in another. 

Edited by bitob

On 12/20/2023 at 12:14 PM, bitob said:

with the exception of chartreuse the food on this ship has been outstanding in every venue for a ship. Compass rose tops any main dining room on any ship. My only complaint is that room service menu too limited. 

Hi, just an FYI.  Whenever Compass Rose is open you can order off their menu for room service.  The menus are available on the TV, this greatly expands the room service options.

• Like 1

We were in 846 (F1)and could hear muffled voices from the suite next to us when seated on the couch.  OTOH...the guests in the suite on the other side of us had the TV on very early in the morning and we could hear it though not enough to identify the show.  Oh, and their scream the one night we had heavy winds and one particular BANG of the water hitting our side in the middle of the night. 😬

• Like 2

One of the things we most loved on Explorer and Splendor was the absolute quiet within the suite….just a regular suite.  It was like being in a bubble and we never even heard a door slam, let alone adjacent noise or hallway conversations. I would be perturbed to hear my neighbors, their conversations or their tv.  

Joanie

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, jjwoben1 said:

This is our first Regent cruise…….usually do Oceania.  Can someone explain how dinner reservations are made pre cruise? Are you limited in number, by cabin category, etc?

This is from the Regent website:

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at 8pm Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.

Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations. 

• Like 1

Talking about voices from other cabins, we were on Mariner a couple of weeks ago and I could clearly hear voices but only in the bathroom.  It sounded to me like the cabin attendants laughing and talking.  But only in the bathroom during the day when they were doing rooms. It was nearly every day so I am thinking that there is a possibility that our cabin shared air vents with their workspace as I know they weren't in the adjacent cabins.  May be the same on Grandeur, that cabins have a common air duct and sound travels through the connecting duct.  Just wondering. 

The issues cannot be fixed until a dry dock imo. They need to add insulation. If you are really a light sleeper bring ear plugs 

I have been in 2 different grandeur suites and now a grand suite. No issues at all. Not sure why. Might be the amount of space 

there are design flaws(small) in both these cabin categories. But no noise from adjoining cabins 

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

We're in 942 next year...hoping it's one of the rooms with little to no neighbor noise. We chose this cabin to be far away from any common areas of the ship.  I'm the lightest sleeper on the planet so, fingers crossed!

I hear ya!!  (Pun intended.)  I have "trained" myself to wear earplugs at night.  It does take a little while to get comfortable with them.  Now, I don't leave home without them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

We're in 942 next year...hoping it's one of the rooms with little to no neighbor noise. We chose this cabin to be far away from any common areas of the ship.  I'm the lightest sleeper on the planet so, fingers crossed!

If it is of use, we were in 949 in this trip.  We did not have any noise issue.  

35 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

If it is of use, we were in 949 in this trip.  We did not have any noise issue.  

Good to know, thanks @Camillus112.  Hopefully the soundproofing was used in cabins below PH too! 😇  

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, mostly for the ship rather than the itinerary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just2guys said:

I see some people are mentioning specific cabin numbers regarding the noise issue...just curious if anyone in cabin 727 has had any issues with noise from cabins on either side?

Since the number of passengers on cc is so low, might be hard to learn about specific cabins. 

I’m still on board. Lucky me 

demographic back to “normal” after the 7 day Caribbean cruise. We were fortunate to be invited to dinner with new captain last night   He is positively charming 

food continues to be wonderful. Service impeccable. I have a terrific bridge partner for this leg and another fun trivia team

the staff in coffee connections is just incredible 

of course by now they know what I drink but they learn about everyone’s preferences so quickly. Gennaro is fabulous barista

i have not seen so many people booking on board for a long time. There are 2 cruise consultants and both are very busy 

book early

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, bitob said:

I’m still on board. Lucky me 

demographic back to “normal” after the 7 day Caribbean cruise. We were fortunate to be invited to dinner with new captain last night   He is positively charming 

food continues to be wonderful. Service impeccable. I have a terrific bridge partner for this leg and another fun trivia team

the staff in coffee connections is just incredible 

of course by now they know what I drink but they learn about everyone’s preferences so quickly. Gennaro is fabulous barista

i have not seen so many people booking on board for a long time. There are 2 cruise consultants and both are very busy 

book early

Glad things are a bit more "back to normal" for this next voyage segment.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.  Best of luck with Trivia - maybe more points to get another shirt or two!  😉

23 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

Glad things are a bit more "back to normal" for this next voyage segment.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.  Best of luck with Trivia - maybe more points to get another shirt or two!  😉

Thx. My team on the seven day was great. First or second every day and tons of fun. The new team fun but I don’t think we will do as well. I’m just going to save my points. I have 5 more cruises on grandeur. I should be able to get something on my own. Lol

so nice seeing you again 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bitob said:

Thx. My team on the seven day was great. First or second every day and tons of fun. The new team fun but I don’t think we will do as well. I’m just going to save my points. I have 5 more cruises on grandeur. I should be able to get something on my own. Lol

so nice seeing you again 

bitob......couple questions for you. Have you noticed during these past few cruises you have been on staff "finding their pace" a bit more each day? Also, how have you found the Grand Suite?.....we will be in 1012 on Grandeur in July. 

7 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

bitob......couple questions for you. Have you noticed during these past few cruises you have been on staff "finding their pace" a bit more each day? Also, how have you found the Grand Suite?.....we will be in 1012 on Grandeur in July. 

I’ve been on since Barcelona. I never noticed any issues. The grand suite is amazing. We were in one on splendor. Almost too big for two. Lots of xtra perks we really don’t need but it was an offer we couldn’t refuse. For us the grandeur suite is sweet spot. We try to book the “named suite” on regent ships. Bouncing my last check

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bitob said:

I’ve been on since Barcelona. I never noticed any issues. The grand suite is amazing. We were in one on splendor. Almost too big for two. Lots of xtra perks we really don’t need but it was an offer we couldn’t refuse. For us the grandeur suite is sweet spot. We try to book the “named suite” on regent ships. Bouncing my last check

Thanks for the reply. We have been in 2 Grand Suites on Splendor, 1201 and 1012. Yes, quite large for 2 people but appreciated the large living/dining area. Balcony for 1201 far too large (wrap-around) to enjoy and felt movement at front of ship. Also enjoy the 2 full bathrooms…..looking forward to experiencing the difference of a GS on Grandeur compared to Splendor. Good sailing…..\

1 minute ago, Gpilon said:

Thanks for the reply. We have been in 2 Grand Suites on Splendor, 1201 and 1012. Yes, quite large for 2 people but appreciated the large living/dining area. Balcony for 1201 far too large (wrap-around) to enjoy and felt movement at front of ship. Also enjoy the 2 full bathrooms…..looking forward to experiencing the difference of a GS on Grandeur compared to Splendor. Good sailing…..\

Thx. We are very lucky to sail in these large suites. When we first started cruising we didn’t even have a veranda. lol. Getting older. Can’t take it with us!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gpilon said:

bitob......couple questions for you. Have you noticed during these past few cruises you have been on staff "finding their pace" a bit more each day? 

Hello from Dinosaur Land!  I also was in the 7 day cruise and will comment that some servers are new, especially found at breakfast in La Veranda, and some have trouble with English, but they are all very kind and wanting to please.  We received outstanding service from our butler Vishnu, Claudia (Peru), Rodzica (Serbia) and Assapara (Thailand).  I am sure that by the time you sail they will all be up to par.