New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Since your on the new app, is there a section where I can reserved “causal dining”?

Also, when you book SD, there is a button you can check,

if you want to see which SD restaurants are included in Princess Premier with your credits. (Under dining type.)

That’s an improvement.

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

New update was release 3 hours ago. That was fast. I’m impress. I’m still going to wait until the 5th (?) release before I start using it. 

Why are you waiting, you can have both Apps? You could answer the slew of questions yourself by installing the new App.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CruiseVA said:

Screenshot of Crown Grill form new App, showing $39 pp. image.thumb.jpeg.e91ddd2773875ef3f5a74d14429c1483.jpeg

It seems there is a difference in price in which cruise you are on.  You would think its consistent throughout however, maybe its not or there is a clinch in the system which may iron itself out in a few days.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Good question. Looking forwarded to everyone replies. I will be upset if I don’t see my other cruises when I start using this app. From my understanding in reading everyone comments is that if you don’t see it today you may see it tomorrow. 

It only shows your next cruise. To see other cruises, you have to log in with each booking number.

I reported this to the developers, in a review, that we need this enhancement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It only shows your next cruise. To see other cruises, you have to log in with each booking number.

I reported this to the developers, in a review, that we need this enhancement.

Its a nice feature to have where you can see all cruises at once.  Thanks for contacting Princess for us.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Things are mostly working for me today. I still get some errors and "can't do thats" but mostly it's there. I do have to log in each time, but username/password is working.

One thing I find odd is the muster station it's showing. We like forward cabins and have almost always booked those. Our muster station has always been the Princess Theater, but the new app is showing Crooner's Bar on deck 6. Anybody have any thoughts on that? Not a big deal, but just wondering.

We are on Riviera Deck mud-aft and for this location our Muster Station has always been Crown Grill Bar, but the new app is also showing Crooners Bar for us.  One more item to be resolved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

We are on Riviera Deck mud-aft and for this location our Muster Station has always been Crown Grill Bar, but the new app is also showing Crooners Bar for us.  One more item to be resolved.

I think it must be what somebody else said - something about the locations aren't loaded yet, and Crooner's is just a default.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Someone told me and I confirmed it. You should received a notification from Apple that there is a new release.  I'm not using the new app until I'm confident everything is fine.  I may try it next week.

Version History

Dec 29, 2023

This release addresses session time out issues and Blue/Green lane inconsistencies.

We are continuously monitoring your feedback and improving our experience.

To ensure you have the latest features, please turn on automatic app updates in your settings.

Dec 27, 2023

Yes there was an update. We reported yesterday that the log in settings were not working and you would be logged/timed out.

If you don’t have automatic updates set for the App, you can go to your App store, Princess App and click UPDATE.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Oilers rule said:

Does anyone know if under the new app and in the "My Journey" section, should your paid excursions be listed under your daily schedule? Thank you in advance for your responses.

I would expect my booked excursion in Montevideo to show as an event at 8:45a on Day 2, but it does not appear there.  However, I can see all booked excursions accessing the Book shore excursions tab - that brings up the same web page I see as Excursion Reservations from My Booking on Princess.com.

HTH!

image.thumb.png.728e8837621bb4394cd4d6ed4b20b0f0.png

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve not used it but my neighbor has.  Certain stores, shops and restaurants give you the option to pay with your medallion account vs your credit card or cash.  My neighbor noted that she got a discount at a restaurant in Cabo for using her medallion to pay for her food .. I think it was 15% off.  

For the most part it seems to be jewelry stores like Diamond's International that accept the Medallion for payment. There are a few other places - and Princess is trying to get more - but the majority of businesses accepting the Medallion do seem to be jewelry stores. Bleh...

• Like 1

Princess on Facebook and "X" both announced that the login issue was fixed.  I can now log in with username and password and not get booted when I go to Check-In on the new app.

The app version on Google Play has not updated.  It still shows as 1.0.0

I talked to Princess customer service today.  The rep was aware of the Shoreside payment method issue.  She said she had reached out to their tech support about it.

She agreed with me that keeping the old app on my device was a good idea, especially since it shows us in the Green boarding group while the new app doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

For the most part it seems to be jewelry stores like Diamond's International that accept the Medallion for payment. There are a few other places - and Princess is trying to get more - but the majority of businesses accepting the Medallion do seem to be jewelry stores. Bleh...

Yes. Caribbean, Alaska and Mexico.

Installed the new app on my old tablet. The tablet couldn't run the old app as it required at least Android 8 and the tablet is so old it's maxed out on Android 7. The new app allows me to login with my username and password but, every time I try to see if my dining is showing up the app crashes and I get a "Restart App" message.

57 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Ours also shows as Muster station X Crooners. It has previously been Churchill lounge when we're on the same corridor. 

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes there was an update. We reported yesterday that the log in settings were not working and you would be logged/timed out.

If you don’t have automatic updates set for the App, you can go to your App store, Princess App and click UPDATE.

Went to Google Play and there is no option to UPDATE.

2 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Went to Google Play and there is no option to UPDATE.

3 hours ago, nazpaz said:

Princess on Facebook and "X" both announced that the login issue was fixed.  I can now log in with username and password and not get booted when I go to Check-In on the new app.

The app version on Google Play has not updated.  It still shows as 1.0.0

I talked to Princess customer service today.  The rep was aware of the Shoreside payment method issue.  She said she had reached out to their tech support about it.

She agreed with me that keeping the old app on my device was a good idea, especially since it shows us in the Green boarding group while the new app doesn't.

Sounds like they have only updated Apple, not Android....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sounds like they have only updated Apple, not Android....

It's out of my league but the Android App log-in bug has been fixed - there are multiple reports of it.  It was done without requiring an app update.  I see that the Apple version information confirms your observation that the Apple app has been updated to 1.0.1.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that the Android version could be fixed server side and the Apple version had to be changed client side.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Screen shot from the new app.  I went from the Home tab to the Book Dining and then Crown Grill to see this.

We are also in the US.  The itineraries on both ships that are covered as one voyage in  the new app go to  US ports.

image.png.049d9060dc6a6df816adb1a52a4d1634.png

Oh oh ,.. when and where is your cruise?  Just trying to make sense of all of this.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We rarely go shoreside and when we do, it’s not to shop at Diamonds international.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh oh ,.. when and where is your cruise?  Just trying to make sense of all of this.  

Ruby Princess - Fort Lauderdale to LA,  to Vancouver, to Hawaii, to Alaska and end in Vancouver --23 Mar - 7 May

Grand Princess   -  Vancouver to Alaska and back to Vancouver -- 8 May - 22 May

Just can't believe the Princess will raise the price that much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Screen shot from the new app.  I went from the Home tab to the Book Dining and then Crown Grill to see this.

We are also in the US.  The itineraries on both ships that are covered as one voyage in  the new app go to  US ports.

image.png.049d9060dc6a6df816adb1a52a4d1634.png

Ship?  There seems to be a problem with Majestic - at least.

43 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I’m not interested in the shoreside portion so why does (by not completing) stop me from completing check in 

what’s with the gaming LLC 

That's because Princess is going to install Roulette type wheels in the merchant stores and guests spin to find out how much their discount is.  Rumor has it that 50% of the slots will be 5% off with one slot 25% off.  😁

• Haha 6