Treat every Cruise as if it's your first and last. 😀

Profound.  Never really thought about it that way.  Good thinking.

1.  We get set in our ways and may miss things.  The awe of the first cruise.

2.  Never know if a cruise will be our last.  Sometimes we don't choose not to cruise, circumstances change things for us. Health, Pandemics, War...

• Like 4

Agree! I never imagined that we wouldn’t have sailed since Summer of 2019! Hopefully it won’t be much longer ‘til we’re cruising again….

I’m so grateful we took advantage of 21, 22 and 28 day sailings while we had the opportunity! Our once-flexible schedule has changed and with greater professional responsibilities comes less flexibility in our schedule. Glad we did what we could, while we could! I have no regrets, only that I wish I’d taken the 21 day option for my last Norway sailing instead of 14! 😃

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Treat every Cruise as if it's your first and last. 😀

Grew up in a Travel Agent family.  Dad had a sign in his office: “If you can afford to go first class and don’t - your heirs will”.

We know we could cruise more often for what we pay, but we want to make our trips extra special so we save up and get an upper suite.  We too are thankful for the opportunities.

• Like 4

I will, because it might be my last.  It will be my first time cruising

1) since the pandemic,

2) since my wife passed and I am traveling as a solo, and

3) since mobility issues have increasingly hampered me.

So this is a test, in a way.  I did the same test on a long range train trip and it failed.  No more train trips.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I will, because it might be my last.  It will be my first time cruising

1) since the pandemic,

2) since my wife passed and I am traveling as a solo, and

3) since mobility issues have increasingly hampered me.

So this is a test, in a way.  I did the same test on a long range train trip and it failed.  No more train trips.

Great attitude!  My dad passed recently just shy of100, and he cruised well into his 90’s and continued to shop cruises until he passed.  He always told me that, “you will never regret the trips you did, some will be better than others, but you will always have those memories when you are old.” So I say , go for it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toad said:

Great attitude!  My dad passed recently just shy of100, and he cruised well into his 90’s and continued to shop cruises until he passed.  He always told me that, “you will never regret the trips you did, some will be better than others, but you will always have those memories when you are old.” So I say , go for it.

I'm giving it a shot.  The biggest issue will be mobility, since I can't see myself using a mobility scooter.  I tried one in the local grocery store and took out an end cap. 🤒🤒  I'd be afraid of hurting someone.  I can walk relatively short distances so I'll have to see if it is enough to maneuver myself around the ship.  If it's my last cruise I'll make the most of it, and I still have the memories of the cruises I took with my wife pre-pandemic.

My Dad spent most of his last cruise either in the cabin or in the Medical Center onboard.  He talked about the wonderful time he had until he passed away.  (He never mentioned his troubles to any one who asked how the cruise had been.)

I learned to enjoy each and every minute of each and every cruise that I am lucky enough to take.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I'm giving it a shot.  The biggest issue will be mobility, since I can't see myself using a mobility scooter.  I tried one in the local grocery store and took out an end cap. 🤒🤒  I'd be afraid of hurting someone.  I can walk relatively short distances so I'll have to see if it is enough to maneuver myself around the ship.  If it's my last cruise I'll make the most of it, and I still have the memories of the cruises I took with my wife pre-pandemic.

Trying getting a walker with a seat if you can, it is way less cumbersome than a scooter and if you get tired you can just stop and sit down!😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

The biggest issue will be mobility, since I can't see myself using a mobility scooter.  I tried one in the local grocery store and took out an end cap. 🤒🤒  I'd be afraid of hurting someone.  I can walk relatively short distances so I'll have to see if it is enough to maneuver myself around the ship. 

There's a big difference between the scooters in a grocery store and those you rent for the ship! I have used both for years, and can't stand the ones at my local grocery store; love the ones I rent for cruises. 

A few minutes practicing on the promenade, or otherwise empty passageways, and you will have confidence. 

Just remember you are driving a moving vehicle, so need to follow the precautions of the road, looking behind you as you pull out, checking for pedestrians who will walk in front of you without looking, or treating you as if you are invisible. 

Please don't let a lack of ease of mobility keep you from doing something you love. 

• Like 3

Please take RuthC's suggestions to heart.  You want the freedom to go anywhere on the ship you want to and if you get tired while walking just think what you might miss. Additionally, the scooters can be taken ashore (those without tenders) and would give you a chance to see things you might not otherwise. And if you encounter any problems maneuvering it there will always be a staff member to give you a hand. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1