LIVE MLK cruise on Freedom to Amber Cove & Grand Turk w/ ninjacat123 and family!!

30 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

All caught up and ready to sail with you @ninjacat123. I’m actually flying down to DFW tomorrow night with my teen for a short weekend with my brother over MLK, but unfortunately we have to return Monday to resume college classes rather than visiting exotic locales via luxury moving transport vessels.  Enjoy and thanks for bringing us along. 

Yippie!! Glad you are here Kmom!! Have a safe journey and I’ll fill you in on stuff on the high seas!!👍🛳️😁

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

All caught up and ready to sail with you @ninjacat123. I’m actually flying down to DFW tomorrow night with my teen for a short weekend with my brother over MLK, but unfortunately we have to return Monday to resume college classes rather than visiting exotic locales via luxury moving transport vessels.  Enjoy and thanks for bringing us along. 

Please be careful and know that we (in the DFW area) are expecting extremely cold and possible precipitation Sunday and Monday.  Plan accordingly.  

hugs from Texas

Edited by princess76021
Addition info
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, princess76021 said:

Please be careful and know that we (in the DFW area) are expecting extremely cold and possible precipitation Sunday and Monday.  Plan accordingly.  

hugs from Texas

Thank you. Yeah, so much for our tropical outing to Mineral Wells. More of an arctic outing but whatever, we will enjoy regardless.

We are staying Sunday night for our Monday am flight home at one of the Hyatts on DFW property. I’ll be sure we allow plenty of time to get there in the afternoon and try to avoid freezing rain driving if possible. 

• Like 2

Now weather.com is showing rain on Sunday. Need a back up plan for Rikki Tiki. Thinking we could go to Fishlips. Here are a couple pics from when we were there. They close at 7 on Sunday. 😳IMG_4571.thumb.jpeg.d89d85dd505eb3df9a86f6744649debd.jpegIMG_4572.thumb.jpeg.8b4c352a32b508ab3958e2027761639f.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 11

We live an hour from the port and make it a point to go down to Fishlips a few times each year.  It's our favorite restaurant down there. I think that is a solid back-up plan!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

We live an hour from the port and make it a point to go down to Fishlips a few times each year.  It's our favorite restaurant down there. I think that is a solid back-up plan!

Oooooo, I wish I lived that close to a port!! Craig and I enjoyed our dinner at Fishlips and it was a fun ambience. Just need to get there early since it closes at 7🕖

• Like 1

My youngest DD, Sky wants to get a new bikini at Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach.  She's thinking we could stop before dinner when we arrive on Sunday

.  I said "speak to Mr. Deep Pockets" (Daddy) and he knuckled under.  Big softie😉

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Now weather.com is showing rain on Sunday. Need a back up plan for Rikki Tiki. Thinking we could go to Fishlips. Here are a couple pics from when we were there. They close at 7 on Sunday. 😳IMG_4571.thumb.jpeg.d89d85dd505eb3df9a86f6744649debd.jpegIMG_4572.thumb.jpeg.8b4c352a32b508ab3958e2027761639f.jpeg

Oh Fishlips!  Sunday brunch, limit four mimosas, we had five, without orange juice and in large wine glasses. Good times. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Oh Fishlips!  Sunday brunch, limit four mimosas, we had five, without orange juice and in large wine glasses. Good times. 

Sounds devine!! Gotta love a great brunch❣️

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Fishlips sounds like a good alternative!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Imgma23 said:

Fishlips sounds like a good alternative!

Craig and I enjoyed the shrimp tacos and mussels with bread. The view was pretty too. If we go there, I think I’ll get the mussels again❣️IMG_4585.thumb.jpeg.9aeae433b6abd9ad9b8f9895b81eb66b.jpegIMG_4586.thumb.jpeg.21ae2c468e9516abf426c46e0a955299.jpegIMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.75c24cdd41514f7a6ea68051e6797b41.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Fish Lips is awesome!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I know visitors love Fishlips but Grills is our favorite place at the port. But we always sit outside at the tiki bar or at a table on the deck if there's more than just the two of us, so not a good backup plan if it rains.

I’ll look at Grills too. Thanks for the suggestion!! Just looked at Grills website, nice looking place with a tiki vibe👍

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

Good morning!! I’ve been checking out Megan and Sid’s LIVE and crossing my fingers that all goes well with their flights to Miami🤞. We have a drive from SC to Port Canaveral so I don’t think we’ll be affected by weather conditions. Just potty stops🤣IMG_4592.thumb.png.c72d6387378fdb1e37e23f4304564a8e.png

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The weather forecast here is looking better for you on Sunday. If it holds, you should be able to get your Rikki Tiki time in after all.

Yay!!! My Sunday weather outlook still shows rain but I like your forecast better😁

32 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!! My Sunday weather outlook still shows rain but I like your forecast better😁

Sunny and clear in Daytona on Sunday.  No rain till early Monday morning.

• Like 2