Diamond Benefits

Just wanted to clarify some of the info here on the Diamond "voucher" benefit re the 40% off the bottled wine under $100 . We are sailing with our family ( 6 adults 4 grandchildren ) and wife and I are the only C&A Diamond members so were hoping to use the voucher discount for bottled wine at dinner - say 2 bottles per night shared with the family ( not the kiddos! ) .Can I expect that this would be ok ?

Also are we able to use the other vouchers to purchase bottles of wine at other locations around the ship , say bars or Windjammer etc ? The price of drinks on RCCL for Aussies is very high given our conversion rate  so thought this would be a real Diamond benefit for us. Any info much appreciated 

15 minutes ago, hammo said:

Just wanted to clarify some of the info here on the Diamond "voucher" benefit re the 40% off the bottled wine under $100 . We are sailing with our family ( 6 adults 4 grandchildren ) and wife and I are the only C&A Diamond members so were hoping to use the voucher discount for bottled wine at dinner - say 2 bottles per night shared with the family ( not the kiddos! ) .Can I expect that this would be ok ?

Yes. 

Hey Sunshine , --- Quantum January and Ovation April. This is new for us as we usually buy the beverage package but its 'onsale' price for us is $124 pd so x 10 its more than the cruise price 🤑

Therefore we will try the diamond benefits 4 drinks perk and just value add when needed .

. Ive seen some bar menus and seems there are bottles of wine available so hoping we might be able to share a bottle of Chardonnay or similar sitting down together using our diamond voucher with 40% off .Wondering ,  Do they add the 18% to that here on  Australian cruises or are grats already included as they are included in the  Cruise fare here ? If they add the 18% after the discount its just 22% ? Maybe not,  as the 20% discount using the voucher on wines over $100 would net just 2% savings 🤨

Like I said , we usually dont worry about this but the rest of our family with us , we would like to share a few drinks with them and save them a few $ as well . Parenting / Grandparenting is a tough job 🤣

• Like 1

Grata are always added. This is a really smart use of your coupons for a group. Always specify that you are utilizing your coupons when ordering. Also, ships often run out of certain specific better bargain wines, so be flexible or purchase early in the week for later. A $50 bottle of wine would be $30 plus $5.40 gratuity. Also remember that each adult can carry on one bottle of wine per cruise when boarding.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hammo said:

Hey Sunshine , --- Quantum January and Ovation April. This is new for us as we usually buy the beverage package but its 'onsale' price for us is $124 pd so x 10 its more than the cruise price 🤑

Therefore we will try the diamond benefits 4 drinks perk and just value add when needed .

. Ive seen some bar menus and seems there are bottles of wine available so hoping we might be able to share a bottle of Chardonnay or similar sitting down together using our diamond voucher with 40% off .Wondering ,  Do they add the 18% to that here on  Australian cruises or are grats already included as they are included in the  Cruise fare here ? If they add the 18% after the discount its just 22% ? Maybe not,  as the 20% discount using the voucher on wines over $100 would net just 2% savings 🤨

Like I said , we usually dont worry about this but the rest of our family with us , we would like to share a few drinks with them and save them a few $ as well . Parenting / Grandparenting is a tough job 🤣

I think there is no gratuity to pay on Australian cruises(same as in the UK), @little britainis currently onboard and will tell you for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hammo said:

On Quantum, Vintages is a great location to hang out with nice selection of wines.     

On Odyssey, same location as Vintages, Giovannis wine bar would be another great option.

Sorry but I have never sailed out Australia to know their gratuity rules.  

Your plan is a good one😊

• Like 1

Yep Little Britain , we have not embraced the USA tipping culture here , only for exceptional service above the norm or when you are feeling generous , but rarely expected from wait staff here . Thinking the straw ( do you mean onboard ?) thing is a cruiseline decision although Australia is turning to the paper straw which is a green choice but they get bloody soggy and useless😆. Glad you are enjoying OZ .Good news for us on no extra gratuity on the Diamond voucher bottle , thanks .

31 minutes ago, hammo said:

Thinking the straw ( do you mean onboard ?) thing is a cruiseline decision

The straws used onboard (ported in the US at least) are recyclable but not the paper ones that get all soggy. I've had no issues with them.

Edited by OCSC Mike

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The straws used onboard (ported in the US at least) are recyclable but not the paper ones that get all soggy. I've had no issues with them.

Yes the few straws that I have seen are the same recycled brand.. strawfish? 

Just now, little britain said:

Yes the few straws that I have seen are the same recycled brand.. strawfish? 

Sounds right. They hold up well whatever they are.

17 hours ago, hammo said:

you do know that the 40% voucher is for 1 bottle for the whole cruise don't you?

5 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

you do know that the 40% voucher is for 1 bottle for the whole cruise don't you?

It's 40% off per D, D+, or P drink voucher.  So up to 4, 5, or 6 bottles per day.

6_Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks and Bionic Bar.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, 

We will be doing our first sailing as Diamond on the Odyssey in May.

I have a question regarding the drink vouchers. 

Being a couple with both of us Diamond, will we receive 4 drink vouchers total between us or do I dare 'wish' we will get 4 vouchers each... 8 per day total? 

Thanks for all your helpful advise!

Val

5 minutes ago, lovetocruise12 said:

Hi there, 

We will be doing our first sailing as Diamond on the Odyssey in May.

I have a question regarding the drink vouchers. 

Being a couple with both of us Diamond, will we receive 4 drink vouchers total between us or do I dare 'wish' we will get 4 vouchers each... 8 per day total? 

Thanks for all your helpful advise!

Val

Vouchers are individual, not household, so that's 8 total