Sun Princess - dining venues. and jigsaw cabin design.

We have always had cabins, bed facing forward, and seat or loveseat by the balcony...  thought we would do the same on the SUN.

But, after seeing some recent images, with that jigsaw cutout..  I think it looks like this closes in the slider and view out the balcony.

We are now requesting to switch from port to starboard, to get a forward facing bed by the balcony...  (looking forward to a deeper balcony on deck 10)

Yes, first world problems!!  

I am also looking at the dining on the Sun..  And the additional dining they are offering (other than the usual MDR, Sabatini's, Crown Grill) are Teppanyaki, and O'Malleys Pub.    Sadly for me,  these would not be my favorites!  No seafood specialty or French or more unique/exciting option.

BTDT with Crown Grill and Sabatini's

And, what are the details on the new LOVE dining?

Where and when and how will that be?

I have been so looking forward to the new ship!

But, some of the choices that Princess is offering, like the Spellbound thing, just aren't super appealing to me.

Does it look like Good Spirits will be kind of isolated or enclosed?

What do you all think!

• Like 2

I can't make dining reservations on Sun Princess (9/23/24 - 10/9/24). So frustrating. 

I also changed from Cove Balcony to Deck 10 forward. And marked no upgrade, of course. Deck 6 looks perfect if I've got kids with me, otherwise not so great. 

I'm not a magician fan so I'm wondering about the "new direction."  I always skip the magic shows

Really hope there's a LIVE FROM next month

• Like 1

We are not booked on the Sun Princess until October of 2025, specifically because of all of the unknowns with the new configuration of this ship.

We are currently booked in a Reserve Collection mini-suite on deck 12.  Real-life reviews will determine if we keep this booking or stay with our known "old" ships in the fleet.   🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just read on fb SUN that a cruise was suppose to embark in Trieste Italy now embarks in Istanbul.  I expect many changes to come.

I am just not so sure I will keep both of my bookings. Waiting to find out more about the Signature Inclusions. My cabinmate will take advantage of everything but I booked for the Sun deck, Signature dining & lounge etc.

1 hour ago, dog said:

I just read on fb SUN that a cruise was suppose to embark in Trieste Italy now embarks in Istanbul.  I expect many changes to come.

I am just not so sure I will keep both of my bookings. Waiting to find out more about the Signature Inclusions. My cabinmate will take advantage of everything but I booked for the Sun deck, Signature dining & lounge etc.

We have received an email for the 12 September 2025 cruise on Star Princess. We were sailing for 18 days so two 9 day cruises back to back. Trieste has been replaced by two nights in Istanbul. Messina has also been dropped and Mykonos has been added. This isn’t too bad but other ports have been shuffled and we are now left with three ports (four if you include the overnight in Istanbul) repeating over the 18 nights. We had specifically chosen this cruise to avoid too many repeats. Hopefully this gives us the opportunity to change the booking.

• Like 1

I truly hope that live reviews will be forthcoming! DH and I are so familiar with the other Princess ships and the Sun is like a very a foreign country.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am also looking at the dining on the Sun..  And the additional dining they are offering (other than the usual MDR, Sabatini's, Crown Grill) are Teppanyaki, and O'Malleys Pub.    Sadly for me,  these would not be my favorites!  No seafood specialty or French or more unique/exciting option.

BTDT with Crown Grill and Sabatini's

There were some pop-up options announced as part of the World Fresh Marketplace:

The Catch by Rudi

The Butcher's Block by Dario

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

I truly hope that live reviews will be forthcoming! DH and I are so familiar with the other Princess ships and the Sun is like a very a foreign country.

We'll be on the inaugural and hope to be part of the 'live from' again - I'm sure there will be a long list of questions that will be asked 😁

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

What do you all think!

I am puzzled why anyone would book an inaugural cruise on a brand new class of ship if they want certainty of what they are getting.

We are on the Sun this August and none of your concerns bother me in the slightest! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

What do you all think!

🤷‍♂️   I think the more you hear from us , the more confused you'll get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you dudes...   I have heard all of this, about the ' pop-ups '  the Catch by Rudi and the Butchers Block.    I hope these are offered and are very good!!!  

I am hoping that this Inaugural Cruise works out well,  and that you are so nice to post!!!

Ombud....  I am looking forward to the deeper balconies on Deck 10 !  

Those standard balconies are small!

I also notice that there is a change of the deck chairs on the new ship.  Not those blue, high back, sling chairs we always see.

They are lower back, more like a regular chair with a separate seat and back...  Each one with a foot rest.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

Esprit...  'Certainty' is definitely the exact opposite of the reasons why most would be eager to book an inaugural.   Just sayin....

We are all here just discussing the differences and new offerings.

Some we might love and be excited about, and some, not so much.

Different strokes!

• Thanks 2

The Sun does feel foreign to all of the offerings on Princess. I don’t think that is a bad thing. You have to continue to bring newer and younger customers. Embracing Magic Castle, adding the Park, more entertainment, more exclusive club is different. Younger people and families are likely to be more attracted to the Sun than previous offerings from Princess. It may not be for many of the loyal, older Princess fans. But other wonderful ships will still be in the fleet to cater to the wants of existing Princess customers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

The Sun does feel foreign to all of the offerings on Princess. I don’t think that is a bad thing. You have to continue to bring newer and younger customers. Embracing Magic Castle, adding the Park, more entertainment, more exclusive club is different. Younger people and families are likely to be more attracted to the Sun than previous offerings from Princess. It may not be for many of the loyal, older Princess fans. But other wonderful ships will still be in the fleet to cater to the wants of existing Princess customers. 

Well stated.