Flight time

If International, and that includes Canada, it definitely will be tight. Any delay Customs has in releasing the ship will impact

You can walk your luggage off to save time.     

We had an 11:30 am flight, walked baggage off, had prearranged a driver, and have Nexus/Trusted Traveller ID,  and it was very tight.  

21 minutes ago, oakgrove girl said:

Hello everyone.  Can I get off the Reflection and catch a 10:30am flight from the Fort Lauderdale airport on a Sunday morning?

Maybe. Maybe not.

56 minutes ago, oakgrove girl said:

Hello everyone.  Can I get off the Reflection and catch a 10:30am flight from the Fort Lauderdale airport on a Sunday morning?

Not a high probability!   Too much can go wrong.. Many others will line up for self disembark! Sunday is popular day for cruises to return .

We got off reflection last month. Our terminal had no facial recognition so travel documents were manually checked for everyone.  It may have been under an hour but not by much.  I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 11:30.  

I will be the contrary poster here.

You can walk off with your own luggage in the morning.    Customs is not a slow as people are saying.  Call an Uber and you will be at the airport in 10 minutes.

1030 will be an easy flight to make.   We have a 940 flight out of FLL later in January and am not concerned about making it.  

32 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

You can walk off with your own luggage in the morning.    Customs is not a slow as people are saying.  Call an Uber and you will be at the airport in 10 minutes.

1030 will be an easy flight to make.   We have a 940 flight out of FLL later in January and am not concerned about making it.  

wow.. that  could be tight

13 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

The last time i was on Reflection it took us over 20 minutes to get an Uber.  

There is no facial recognition at terminal 29, as was mentioned earlier, so customs and immigration are not as expedient as they are at the newer terminals, e.g. terminal 25.  

Can it be done - yes, the better question is what happens if the miss the flight?  Would you be better off taking a later flight or risk missing yours and not being able to get on a later flight. 

• Like 1

Will you make your 10:30am flight?  There is a 99% chance that you will.  But how much stress does that 1% chance of missing your flight cause you?  Is it enough to move to a later flight time... that's completely up to you.

My last 3 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. 10:00am flight, 10:15 flight, 9:40 flight.  We were sitting at the gate at least an hour before each of those flights.  

Our 9:40 flight was after the Nov. 13th Beyond cruise.  We had a delayed walk off process that became a nightmare with people all over trying to walk off at the same time.  People with numbers walking off.  When we got into the terminal there were LOTS of bags already taken by people with numbers.  Walk off was a joke on that cruise.... BUT we were still sitting at our gate in the airport by 8:40.  Was I stressed while I was standing in the masses trying to get off the ship? Yes I was.  Stressed enough to not book another early flight?  No.

Port Everglades is just so close to the airport.  If time is no issue I'll always take an Uber or a Lyft.  But when I'm trying to get to FLL after a cruise with an early flight I always take a cab.  The cost isn't that much higher.  There is no wait for a cab.  I've had issues with Uber and Lyft getting into the port.  Getting lost in the port area.  Finding me.  I've been cancelled on.  So I take a cab.  Like I mentioned... it's slightly more expensive but it's quick and easy.

Also I have to mention I have TSA-precheck(which sometimes at FLL doesn't make much difference).

Sorry for the long post.  Will you make your flight?  99% of the time you will easily... but how will you deal with the 1% chance?  Good luck and have a phenomenal trip... hopefully it's very soon!

• Like 1

You'll probably be okay. I'm comfortable with anything after 10am. Walk off is a circus. I try to be polite but you have to just walk in front of people who clearly cannot handle the amount of luggage they have.   People just don't think. There is no need to line up at 6:45am to get on your noon flight at an airport that is 10 minutes away. 

21 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You'll probably be okay. I'm comfortable with anything after 10am. Walk off is a circus. I try to be polite but you have to just walk in front of people who clearly cannot handle the amount of luggage they have.   People just don't think. There is no need to line up at 6:45am to get on your noon flight at an airport that is 10 minutes away. 

Always amusing to me that people will jump over each other to get on the ship and then repeat the process to get off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mufflogan said:

Port Everglades is just so close to the airport.  If time is no issue I'll always take an Uber or a Lyft.  But when I'm trying to get to FLL after a cruise with an early flight I always take a cab.  The cost isn't that much higher.  There is no wait for a cab.  I've had issues with Uber and Lyft getting into the port.  Getting lost in the port area.  Finding me.  I've been cancelled on.  So I take a cab.  Like I mentioned... it's slightly more expensive but it's quick and easy.

Sorry for the long post.  Will you make your flight?  99% of the time you will easily... but how will you deal with the 1% chance?  Good luck and have a phenomenal trip... hopefully it's very soon!

That is my experience also. I'm usually at the gate well be 9am. I also recommend taking a Taxi. Just walk up to the cab area and you're off to the airport. Much easier than finding your Uber along with 100 others who are trying to find theirs! Yes, so much could go wrong that may also effect a later flight but as mufflgan stated 99% of the time the early flight is no problem.

33 minutes ago, billc23 said:

That is my experience also. I'm usually at the gate well be 9am. I also recommend taking a Taxi. Just walk up to the cab area and you're off to the airport. Much easier than finding your Uber along with 100 others who are trying to find theirs! Yes, so much could go wrong that may also effect a later flight but as mufflgan stated 99% of the time the early flight is no problem.

We used a taxi at Port Everglades three weeks ago, the guy didn’t turn on the meter and charged us $35. Then he read Twitter while driving. Just my experience. Next time I’ll book Lyft or Uber so I can report the driver if they’re driving unsafely. 

13 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We used a taxi at Port Everglades three weeks ago, the guy didn’t turn on the meter and charged us $35. Then he read Twitter while driving.

I would have refused to pay. You can also report him to the local taxi bureau.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We used a taxi at Port Everglades three weeks ago, the guy didn’t turn on the meter and charged us $35. Then he read Twitter while driving. Just my experience. Next time I’ll book Lyft or Uber so I can report the driver if they’re driving unsafely. 

Provided it was a legitimate Taxi there should be a number to call and an identifier in the cab itself. I just find using a taxi from the cruise port much easier than finding the proper Uber.

53 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I would have refused to pay. You can also report him to the local taxi bureau.

Ideally, yes, but if you're rushing to get to a flight then this isn't going to happen. Which is why I prefer Uber or Lyft. 

30 minutes ago, billc23 said:

Provided it was a legitimate Taxi there should be a number to call and an identifier in the cab itself. I just find using a taxi from the cruise port much easier than finding the proper Uber.

Only sharing my experience!

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

Get in and tell the driver you don’t have cash. Like clockwork they will say the card reader is broken. Reiterate you do not have cash and suddenly the card reader is fixed and they will run the meter. They pocket the full fare if you pay cash unmetered. Coming from a city filled with questionable taxi drivers you just gave to beat them at their game. 

10 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I'm sorry that happened to you.  We don't put our luggage in the taxi until we know exactly how much we're being charged for that trip from Port Everglades to FLL.  It's always been $15-$20 before tip.