FLL Hotel options

Hi all,

Flying into FLL 4/26 for a cruise the 27th on Enchanted. Any suggestions on a nice hotel for the overnight? We have never actually departed a cruise from Ft Lauderdale, only arrived and departed to the airport.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

3 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Hi all,

Flying into FLL 4/26 for a cruise the 27th on Enchanted. Any suggestions on a nice hotel for the overnight? We have never actually departed a cruise from Ft Lauderdale, only arrived and departed to the airport.

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Check the FL departure board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Ritz

W

Riverside is lovely

Atlantic is a favorite

The Westin is pretty good too. Sonesta for a little better budget wise. 

All beachfront,  All are quite nice.  

Of course, if you're looking for more budget,  you'll need to look a little further out than Fort Lauderdale. Try some spots around Dania. 10 minutes or so to port, 15 with a little traffic. 

Right near the port entrance, Holiday Inn Express, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Hilton Marina, etc. 

Edited by reedprincess

13 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Check the FL departure board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

Ritz

W

Riverside is lovely

Atlantic is a favorite

The Westin is pretty good too. Sonesta for a little better budget wise. 

All beachfront,  All are quite nice.  

Of course, if you're looking for more budget,  you'll need to look a little further out than Fort Lauderdale. Try some spots around Dania. 10 minutes or so to port, 15 with a little traffic. 

Right near the port entrance, Holiday Inn Express, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Hilton Marina, etc. 

Great suggestions, we are Hyatt folks so will look up the Hyatt place, will likely get a free room at that one.

9 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

Great suggestions, we are Hyatt folks so will look up the Hyatt place, will likely get a free room at that one.

The Hyatt Place near the cruise port is hugely popular here on CC. If you can get a room for free with points, it's a no-brainer. If you have to pay for a room, check out a site called Valuetrips.com. They have a mysterious special relationship with that specific Hyatt Place and, depending on the time of year, can offer massive savings. I just booked a room for next October at the HP. The Hyatt site was quoting over $500 for the night, Valuetrips cost us $129. No idea how they do it, but it works.

9 hours ago, lx200gps said:

The Hyatt Place near the cruise port is hugely popular here on CC. If you can get a room for free with points, it's a no-brainer. If you have to pay for a room, check out a site called Valuetrips.com. They have a mysterious special relationship with that specific Hyatt Place and, depending on the time of year, can offer massive savings. I just booked a room for next October at the HP. The Hyatt site was quoting over $500 for the night, Valuetrips cost us $129. No idea how they do it, but it works.

Have you stayed at the Hyatt, booked through Valuetrips before? I'm unfamiliar with the site (Aussie), but we just looked at prices for our dates on Expedia and couldn't believe how expensive they are (AU$350 for 1 night in Plantation). Just looked at Valuetrips and we can book for US$119 for our dates, which is great value, but wasn't sure if the site was 'safe'.

3 hours ago, xxpinksaltxx said:

Have you stayed at the Hyatt, booked through Valuetrips before? I'm unfamiliar with the site (Aussie), but we just looked at prices for our dates on Expedia and couldn't believe how expensive they are (AU$350 for 1 night in Plantation). Just looked at Valuetrips and we can book for US$119 for our dates, which is great value, but wasn't sure if the site was 'safe'.

We've used them before, and have another stay at the HP booked for this October. Lots of folks here on CC have used them quite successfully. Do a search here on CC, particularly in the Florida Departures sub-forum and you'll find entire threads on Valuetrips.  Two such threads:

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:38 PM, xxpinksaltxx said:

Book it. we have used V.T. over 6-7 times and have saved loads of money. You will like it, its location, clean.

1 hour ago, RenieRaider said:

Where is it located? Thanks

It is on 17th. st. north of the airport about 3 miles. I do not recommend this hotel as every other hotel on 17th. is nicer. Have been to many over past 30 years. A lot of cruisers use it because it is massive, hench a lot of recomendations. Hyatt Place, Hilton Marina, Renaissance, Four Points By Sheraton are IMOI nicer.

15 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The Hyatt Place in Dania Beach (close to both airport and port) is lovely, large rooms and many restaurants within walking distance.  

20230224_224346.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture.  We are staying there next month for two days.  ( I really like Dania Pointe.)  Do they run a paid shuttle to the pier?

3 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Thanks for posting the picture.  We are staying there next month for two days.  ( I really like Dania Pointe.)  Do they run a paid shuttle to the pier?

They do.  I think it was about $10-15 pp.  The sign up was on a kiosk at the Front Desk.  

• Like 1

We stayed at The Riverside Hotel on January 12th.  It’s a lovely hotel on Las Olas Boulevard.  Had dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant which was very good.  We took a shuttle to the Port on Saturday morning.  $12 each.  

I would stay here again.  I can highly recommend.  

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 9:12 PM, martinitime1 said:

Flying into FLL 4/26 for a cruise the 27th on Enchanted. Any suggestions on a nice hotel for the overnight?

As you will be flying in the day before, may I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port or one of the hotels in that area? Per my "review", this is a decent hotel if you are flying in the day before, and they have an agreement for a bus that departs at 10:30 AM, noon, or 1:30 PM to the cruise port for $20. This is extremely close to the FLL airport as well. 

Have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Airport/Cruise Port many times. Located directly across the street from the cruise port entrance and they have a shuttle to the ship, for a fee (we use Uber). Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Not much around the hotel but the food in the hotel has always been good and nice pool also.