If you were planning to do a longer Caribbean cruise, which ship would you pick?

kaz828

If the cruise has a lot of sea days, an Oasis class, or Freedom class (haven't done the Quantum class)  But I did a 7 day cruise out of San Juan that had 5 or 6 ports and loved being on Jewel for that  one. On a port heavy cruise I could do about any ship.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BillOh said:

If the cruise has a lot of sea days, an Oasis class, or Freedom class (haven't done the Quantum class)  But I did a 7 day cruise out of San Juan that had 5 or 6 ports and loved being on Jewel for that  one. On a port heavy cruise I could do about any ship.

Did 10 nights on Quantum with 7 sea days and it was a totally boring trip.  13 nights on a Symphony TA with 10 sea days and it was fantastic with plenty to do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

For us, if there are a few days it would be Navigator class or above.  If it’s port intensive and you’ll be doing lots of activities, then I wouldn’t care so much about the ship. 

There is no Navigator class. Maybe Voyager? The Navigator is part of that class.

• Thanks 1

What is longer to you?

We usually do two Southern Caribbean cruises every yeat

11 days Quantum class (Anthem, Odyssey) with 5 ports from NJ

12 days Vision class (Vision, Grandeur, Enchantment) with 5 ports from Baltimore.

Second type is on older smaller ships, but we are never bored.

We are planning to do a 9 night next February on Serenade from Tampa. 4 ports, 4 sea days. We don't care for Oasis class, we like the smaller ships. And for us, a relaxing day in a lounger by the Solarium pool is heaven. 

14 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

We are planning to do a 9 night next February on Serenade from Tampa. 4 ports, 4 sea days. We don't care for Oasis class, we like the smaller ships. And for us, a relaxing day in a lounger by the Solarium pool is heaven. 

We have same cruise booked Feb 14th, 2025. 

12 hours ago, kaz828 said:

We are still open on itinerary but want to have lots to do beyond the ports on a longer cruise

Did you mean any ship in the Caribbean? or a Royal Caribbean cruise? as all the answers above seem to be about the latter.

As of February 2020 we were booked in two Partially Obstructed Verandahs (balcony cabins) with my mom, brother, and SIL on the HAL Nieuw Statendam. It was back-to-back cruise R/T out of FLL (twice), with one leg hitting the ABC islands and the other swinging (IIRC) to the eastern Carib. Obviously, that cruise never happened.

If it ever becomes available to us again (age has gone up and family health the other way), we would look for the same itinerary.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:10 PM, BillOh said:

I agree Oasis class has the best all around entertainment, Broadway shows, ice show , aqua show , piano bar , pub with guitar player etc etc .