NCL's big announcement?

tokidoki

On 1/27/2024 at 5:16 PM, laudergayle said:

Ok…gonna chime in.  I grew up in the 70s with the greats like Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, YES, The Who, Queen, Johnny and Edgar Winter, Deep Purple, late Beatles, Wings, Elton John, The Steve Miller Band…and more and more.  The early 80s had many greats, as well. But, I can pour a glass of wine and twirl around the room to tunes sung by Sinatra and Tony Bennett and feel like this was my generation.  And…put this on the turntable, and I become an elementary school girl peeking out my bedroom door to the party where the women drank whiskey sours.  That artist is:: Marty Robbins, Gunfighter Ballards. Ok, now you know I’m old…😂

Big iron on his hip.  Sadly, prohibited item. Great songs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hahahaha it's in there. Keep reading and you'll find it. Or go to NCL's Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok. 

Don't have Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, or X for that matter. This place is about as social as my media gets.

Edited by omahabob
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hahahaha it's in there. Keep reading and you'll find it. Or go to NCL's Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok. 

No thanks! No Instagram, FB or tiktok and definitely not going through 4 pages of gibberish of Game of Thrones. Not worth it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No thanks! No Instagram, FB or tiktok and definitely not going through 4 pages of gibberish of Game of Thrones. Not worth it.

No need to be cranky, the link for the news article was literally posted about 3x for you. They're sailing out of additional embarkation ports. That's the news. Exciting for folks who live in the South, not so much for those of up in the NE.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

No need to be cranky, the link for the news article was literally posted about 3x for you. They're sailing out of additional embarkation ports. That's the news. Exciting for folks who live in the South, not so much for those of up in the NE.

Who's cranky? Just stated not worth going through all the GOT stuff to see the news. If it was worthwhile I should be able to google it but it did not come up. What does GOT have to do with cruising anyway. Just saying.

• Like 2

- - S I G H - - 

So what is the expectation here? Are we now supposed to summarize and spoon-feed topics to people who don't think it is "worth their time" to read the thread?

It certainly isn't worth MY time to do the work for them.

On 1/26/2024 at 2:32 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you suggesting that people will be asking for Taylor instead of Elvis?!

100% yes.  It already happened: Jersey Boys for Beatlejuice.    Hamilton on ice could be fun at sea.  🙂

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

What does GOT have to do with cruising anyway.

They have a lot in common!  They're both very enjoyable.  There is a lot of drinking.  They sometimes bring together people who drink and know things.😎  Those who don't drink and know things probably won't be happy here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They have a lot in common!  They're both very enjoyable.  There is a lot of drinking.  They sometimes bring together people who drink and know things.😎  Those who don't drink and know things probably won't be happy here.

Hmmmmm....I don't watch Game of Thrones, don't drink (except on a cruise ship when it's included), and sure don't know a lot of things. But! I'm as happy as a hermit crab in it's new shell here! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I know a bit, but have to make do with edibles only where they are legit 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, CptJLMcCrea said:

And yet, here you are.

That is correct...I am here (as are you). I have read the thread, and I understand the issue. However, that doesn't change my statement that it isn't my job to read and summarize the thread for people who won't read it themselves. The fact that I am here and the fact that they aren't being given their summary, only proves my point.

Did you just miss the obvious, or did your "retort" somehow make sense before you typed it?

22 hours ago, SeaShark said:

- - S I G H - - 

So what is the expectation here? Are we now supposed to summarize and spoon-feed topics to people who don't think it is "worth their time" to read the thread?

It certainly isn't worth MY time to do the work for them.

9 hours ago, CptJLMcCrea said:

And yet, here you are.

57 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

That is correct...I am here (as are you). I have read the thread, and I understand the issue. However, that doesn't change my statement that it isn't my job to read and summarize the thread for people who won't read it themselves. The fact that I am here and the fact that they aren't being given their summary, only proves my point.

Did you just miss the obvious, or did your "retort" somehow make sense before you typed it?

The part I missed, and I did go back and look for it, was the part where someone tried to make it specifically @SeaShark's job to respond to any post, let alone one requiring "spoon feeding".  

In my experience, these boards work much better if, when one doesn't want to answer a question one simply doesn't answer it, vs replying complaining about the question.  Often times someone doesn't mind answering the question (e.g. @OceanDreaming2 in this thread) so they do and all is well.  But these aren't my boards so if you feel the need to add your complaints, we'll just have to tolerate it.

Edited by PATRLR

3 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

The part I missed, and I did go back and look for it, was the part where someone tried to make it specifically @SeaShark's job to respond to any post, let alone one requiring "spoon feeding".  

In my experience, these boards work much better if, when one doesn't want to answer a question one simply doesn't answer it, vs replying complaining about the question.  Often times someone doesn't mind answering the question (e.g. @OceanDreaming2 in this thread) so they do and all is well.  But these aren't my boards so if you feel the need to add your complaints, we'll just have to tolerate it.

Actually, the part you missed was where anybody even said it was "specifically" my job...

Keep in mind that I didn't state anything either way, I simply asked two questions.

You shouldn't need to make up things that weren't said just to argue against them. 

6 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Actually, the part you missed was where anybody even said it was "specifically" my job...

Umm, that's exactly what I wrote: 

14 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

The part I missed, and I did go back and look for it, was the part where someone tried to make it specifically @SeaShark's job to respond to any post,

You are the one who felt a need to state that it wasn't your job.  

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

my statement that it isn't my job to read and summarize the thread

Glad we are all in agreement that it isn't your job to respond.  Perhaps your job is just to complain?  You are very good at it.

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Umm, that's exactly what I wrote: 

You are the one who felt a need to state that it wasn't your job.  

Glad we are all in agreement that it isn't your job to respond.  Perhaps your job is just to complain?  You are very good at it.

It is what you wrote, but not what you were referring to. And I never said it was my job, I never said it was anyone's job. I only asked a question, I didn't make a statement. Is it your job to fabricate or edit just to argue, cause you aren't good at it at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

so in conclusion what was the big announcement.  Sorry I got tired of all the pages

And, that my friend, suggests that all of the unrelated nonsensical posts/pages demonstrates how engaging NCL’s “BIG” Announcement actually is.  Best said…Non-.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, laudergayle said:

And, that my friend, suggests that all of the unrelated nonsensical posts/pages demonstrates how engaging NCL’s “BIG” Announcement actually is.  Best said…Non-.

agree I think most hype is and should be ignored.  

• Like 2