NCL's big announcement?

tokidoki

I got this email from our PCC today. It could be this?

Latitude Members Cruise: Join us for an exclusive Latitude Alaska Cruise, Plus get an extra 10% off.

Bliss - September 28 - October 5, 2024.

image.thumb.png.8e47d32a57f5d815eefce0c7a9b2ef92.png

if it's a BIG announcement it can only be one thing... hash browns are back, baby!

(either that, or NCL is renewing its commitment to the contemporary cruiser.)

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 6
  • Haha 25

NCL's going to be building Icon of the Seas 2, built solely by the contemporary cruiser with no maritime engineer oversight. It'll be pure whimsy! 

All the buffet tables will be shaped like hash browns. Grease included running down the sides of the table, included.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, jack300s said:

Latitude Members Cruise: Join us for an exclusive Latitude Alaska Cruise, Plus get an extra 10% off.

If everyone gets the discount is it really a discount or did they just price it 10% over intended selling price?

54 minutes ago, UKstages said:

if it's a BIG announcement it can only be one thing... hash browns are back, baby!

Thank goodness those nasty hash browns will NEVER be back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jack300s said:

image.thumb.png.8e47d32a57f5d815eefce0c7a9b2ef92.png

Not new   Been booked for weeks

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

Gotta keep the cruise line viable into the future. Us old folks only have a few more years of contributing to NCL’s bottom line.

Need to hook the middle age folks (target those with enough money to generate a consistent revenue stream vs one-off booze cruise kids). = contemporary cruiser. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Gotta keep the cruise line viable into the future. Us old folks only have a few more years of contributing to NCL’s bottom line.

Need to hook the middle age folks (target those with enough money to generate a consistent revenue stream vs one-off booze cruise kids). = contemporary cruiser. 

US MIDDLE AGERS WANT THE FRIED HOCKEY PUCKS!!!!! 🏒

Unless I live to 95 - 100, I'm unfortunately in that dang middle age category....middle ages seemed so old 20 years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

US MIDDLE AGERS WANT THE FRIED HOCKEY PUCKS!!!!! 🏒

Unless I live to 95 - 100, I'm unfortunately in that dang middle age category....middle ages seemed so old 20 years ago. 

In 30 years, The life and music of Taylor Swift will be the feature entertainment in the theatre and there will be members of the newest generation who will be complaining about having to listen to the oldies crap and wanting to know why they don't have more modern entertainment. It happens to every generation. Enjoy your youth while you still have it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

In 30 years, The life and music of Taylor Swift will be the feature entertainment in the theatre and there will be members of the newest generation who will be complaining about having to listen to the oldies crap and wanting to know why they don't have more modern entertainment. It happens to every generation. Enjoy your youth while you still have it.

Not really.  Good music will always remain the good music while crap comes and goes.  I "grew up" in the seventies and eighties, but the good stuff from the fifties and sixties will never die.  Are you suggesting that people will be asking for Taylor instead of Elvis?!🤣  That's just crazy talk.  We have talented entertainers on the ships playing music hits from before they were born.  Good musicians gravitate towards the good music.  Dates don't matter.  Louis Rizon on the Pearl last month played an Animal's classic from the early sixties.  I'm guessing Louis was born in the eighties or nineties.  He also shocked me with that Looking Glass classic "Brandy."  W T F?  😍

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Not really.  Good music will always remain the good music while crap comes and goes.  I "grew up" in the seventies and eighties, but the good stuff from the fifties and sixties will never die. 

I wonder if in 1986, when I went on my first cruise and watched my parents dance the night away to big band hits like "In the Mood", people said "the good stuff from the forties and fifties will never die"?  It's been a long time since I've heard big band music on a cruise.   Come to think of it, I don't recall the last time I heard something from the 50s played on a cruise.  

A

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Not really.  Good music will always remain the good music while crap comes and goes.  I "grew up" in the seventies and eighties, but the good stuff from the fifties and sixties will never die.  Are you suggesting that people will be asking for Taylor instead of Elvis?!🤣  That's just crazy talk.  We have talented entertainers on the ships playing music hits from before they were born.  Good musicians gravitate towards the good music.  Dates don't matter.  Louis Rizon on the Pearl last month played an Animal's classic from the early sixties.  I'm guessing Louis was born in the eighties or nineties.  He also shocked me with that Looking Glass classic "Brandy."  W T F?  😍

Agree.  60's music is still popular because it was genuinely classic.  I always find it kind of sweet to see musicians playing the very nostalgic "Summer of '69" when it is clear not one of them was born yet.  You know what they say though -- If you can remember the '60s you weren't there, ha ha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Good musicians gravitate towards the good music.  

That is true. But if you were to ask a bunch of under 35's to name their favorite Led Zeppelin song I bet the majority couldn't name one. Or Eagles song. Or Metallica song. Maybe some of the younger folks here will prove me wrong?

23 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I wonder if in 1986, when I went on my first cruise and watched my parents dance the night away to big band hits like "In the Mood", people said "the good stuff from the forties and fifties will never die"?  It's been a long time since I've heard big band music on a cruise.   Come to think of it, I don't recall the last time I heard something from the 50s played on a cruise.  

I actually like the good stuff from the forties and fifties.  Wish we would hear more.  Why not 1930?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I actually like the good stuff from the forties and fifties.  Wish we would hear more.  Why not 1930?

I believe that I've shared more than once here that I ask the truly talented piano players to play some J.S. Bach.  That really good pianist on the Bliss in April, she said after playing my request that it will be really hard to top that.  I think @graphicguywill remember her.

She was very talented and well educated.  I think she commented that Bach is really where it all began.  I don't know nothin' about that, but I'm certainly not going to argue.  IIRC, Bach was among the most "mathematical" of the great composers, and great music is that strange world where both sides of the brain get involved.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

That is true. But if you were to ask a bunch of under 35's to name their favorite Led Zeppelin song I bet the majority couldn't name one. Or Eagles song. Or Metallica song. Maybe some of the younger folks here will prove me wrong?

If you have under 35's who can't do that, you have failed as a parent!!  (jk)  Just play them "nothing else matters" once and they'll know their favorite Metallica song forever.  

I say it too often, but you REALLY can't touch this.😎

• Like 2