Hot chocolate

Theres complimentary hot chocolate you can have brought to you in the morning as part of the complimentary room service breakfast, and it is amazing. Best hot chocolate I've ever had and they bring it in a big metal jug. Im on the QM2 next month and Im already daydreaming about sitting on the balcony drinking that chocolate in the morning.. 

Im not sure if theres any in the coffee machines in the buffet. Other than that the only hot chocolate is what you can buy in the cafes. 

• Like 2

It's not in the buffet / Lido / Kings Court machines, that's coffee, hot water / tea, cold water and some Nescafé Vitaly products (lemonade, fruit cocktail, apple and orange juice) only.  But the Sir Samuels / Corinthia indeed have a very superior product for sale. 

Since tea and coffee can be obtained via the included room service menu, I would have thought that the breakfast hot chocolate would also be available at other times, but it's not something I have tried.

13 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Since tea and coffee can be obtained via the included room service menu, I would have thought that the breakfast hot chocolate would also be available at other times, but it's not something I have tried.

Yes, room service hot chocolate (very nice, served in a classy silver pot)  was deffo possible on all of my previous cruises.
I had it Breakfast times and also at bedtime sometimes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

Is that different from the bar menu hot chocolate?

image.png.aaba347a1f794267a5cc5062c5c34901.png

When you have it for room service  breakfast it just comes in a silver pot. You pour it yourself. There are no extras. As I said before hot chocolate from the late night buffet is just make it yourself with the instant sachets and hot water. I am not sure the bar menu is available as room service. I would imagine you would just get it in a pot ? I have it regularly as a pre breakfast item but don’t do room service during the day.

In November on QV the sachets in the buffet had gone and were replaced with glass jars filled with unbranded instant hot chocolate powder. I can't say that the hot chocolate in the Commodore Club tastes much different. I suspect it's probably made with the same instant powder they provide in the buffet.

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Is the room service hot Chocolate available all day?

Also, has Cunard kept room service free?

Yes, room service is free of charge, though there are some items that will be charged - alcohol, caviar, special canapé arrangements. It's available all day, and all night, with some restrictions on embarkation and disembarkation days. 

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Where does it mention chocolate or coffee come to that? Sorry, I’m sure I’m being dim.

I was looking for it too, but there is no mention of any drinks other than paid for beverages - but it gives an idea what is available from room service for people that unfamiliar

RE bed time Hot Choc in your Cabin - I just called up Room Service and kindly asked for it and it came, also sometimes came with some shortbread biccies -

never seemed an issue for them, but I've not been on board since pre-C.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I am sure you can only get free room service tea, coffee or hot chocolate at breakfast times. 

Surely room service afternoon tea must come with actual tea, even though it’s not mentioned?

On 1/27/2024 at 3:39 PM, Jim_P said:

Theres complimentary hot chocolate you can have brought to you in the morning as part of the complimentary room service breakfast, and it is amazing. Best hot chocolate I've ever had and they bring it in a big metal jug. Im on the QM2 next month and Im already daydreaming about sitting on the balcony drinking that chocolate in the morning.. 

Im not sure if theres any in the coffee machines in the buffet. Other than that the only hot chocolate is what you can buy in the cafes. 

you can also order it in the evenings as part of room service. 

7 hours ago, rog747 said:

RE bed time Hot Choc in your Cabin - I just called up Room Service and kindly asked for it and it came, also sometimes came with some shortbread biccies -

never seemed an issue for them, but I've not been on board since pre-C.

we were on QE in August 2022 and I ordered it then in the evenings.  It's so good!

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Surely room service afternoon tea must come with actual tea, even though it’s not mentioned?

We did the room service afternoon tea once - and you needed to make your own tea using the kettle and teabags already in the room. Perhaps a pot of tea can also be specified.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:39 AM, Jim_P said:

Does the metal jug contain enough for two people?

9 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

We did the room service afternoon tea once - and you needed to make your own tea using the kettle and teabags already in the room. Perhaps a pot of tea can also be specified.

I don’t think that is very good, really.

Not that this helps answer any questions about this topic, but I found it interesting that Cunard have added a post to their facebook page today celebrating National Hot Chocolate Day here in the US to promote their Alaska sailings. Quoting from that post:

"Happy National Hot Chocolate Day!

We can't wait to have a cosy hot chocolate while sailing around chilly Alaska!
Who's joining us? ..."
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1