Any free internet/wifi on Oasis?

We're considering not getting an internet package for our cruise but would be nice to just check email a few times or look something up.  Is there still an Internet cafe or is there anywhere on the ship with free wifi?

Definitely no Free internet onboard unless you are Diamond or higher and then can free 24 hours or more depending on your status.   

You can usually get free internet at ports to check your email, etc.   The crew tend to hang out at places where they can get free internet when on break from the ship.   

What is your itinerary?

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely no Free internet onboard unless you are Diamond or higher and then can free 24 hours or more depending on your status.   

You can usually get free internet at ports to check your email, etc.   The crew tend to hang out at places where they can get free internet when on break from the ship.   

What is your itinerary?

Labadee, coco cay, Jamaica, bahamas 

You definitely can get free wifi in Nassau Bahamas.   If you walk along town there are several places that have signs saying free interent (Dunkin Donuts & McDonalds are 2 of them).   You might even get free wifi at their new Welcome Center at end of the pier. 

CocoCay - No free wifi

Labadee - 99.9% sure No free wifi

Jamaica - if docking at Falmouth you should be able to find free wifi at the cruise port or you may find a cafe / bar offering for a nominal fee. 

If you have T-mobile … most plans include data in every country including island countries.  Not sure about Labadee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely no free wifi.  We couldn't even access the ship wifi from where we were at Columbus Cove.  I'm not sure about other areas though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

If you have T-mobile … most plans include data in every country including island countries

My experience has been this is not true at Perfect Day.  The only cell tower is the ship, and that's a big up charge.  I haven't tried Labadee, but it may be the same.  The rest of the islands it usually works.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You definitely can get free wifi in Nassau Bahamas.   If you walk along town there are several places that have signs saying free interent (Dunkin Donuts & McDonalds are 2 of them).   You might even get free wifi at their new Welcome Center at end of the pier. 

CocoCay - No free wifi

Jamaica - if docking at Falmouth you should be able to find free wifi at the cruise port or you may find a cafe / bar offering for a nominal fee. 

Please be careful using any public wifi access, be sure to use a trustworthy VPN to block cyber criminals stealing your info. Hubby is a techie with a hacker background so he knows how easy it is for bad people to take advantage of tourists using free WiFi. So we use SurfShark to protect our devices and accounts when using public wifi. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

My experience has been this is not true at Perfect Day.  The only cell tower is the ship, and that's a big up charge.  I haven't tried Labadee, but it may be the same.  The rest of the islands it usually works.

I used it at least 5 times in the last 3 years. No difference from using it in Nassau. 

Seems like for others too 

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

I have used my AT&T roaming at Labadee. There is a cell tower in the area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cj_one2000 said:

Please be careful using any public wifi access, be sure to use a trustworthy VPN to block cyber criminals stealing your info. Hubby is a techie with a hacker background so he knows how easy it is for bad people to take advantage of tourists using free WiFi. So we use SurfShark to protect our devices and accounts when using public wifi. 

Very true, we use a VPN too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sarahsentry said:

Is there still an Internet cafe or is there anywhere on the ship with free wifi?

Sorta - if you click on the app/play store in the app, you'll get about 15 min of internet.

12 hours ago, Cigar King said:

There is a cell tower on GSC 2 miles away.

It works fine until enough people on both islands find it.   I've used it since 2017.

Labadee is similar.  There is a cell tower in the hills facing the ship.   

19 hours ago, Tatka said:

I used it at least 5 times in the last 3 years. No difference from using it in Nassau. 

7 hours ago, twangster said:

There is a cell tower on GSC 2 miles away.

It works fine until enough people on both islands find it. 

Thanks...seems like I should give it another whirl next time I am there.

• Like 1