No more footstools in Aqua class. First day on Silhoyou to discover that foot stools have been removed from the balconies. in

barbels

1 hour ago, Team Stag said:

Technically they removed the balconies on most of the rooms on the E-Class 😂

Technically Celebrity didn't remove the balconies on E class ships. The built E class ships with a lot less balconies. 🤣We like the DPVs staterooms on the E class ships.  👍👍

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

Is the removal of foot stools fleet wide, or just the Silly?  Can anyone currently sailing comment?

Someone in a prior post mentioned they didn't have one on Equinox...post dated April '23.

On Reflection. They were taken away last week. Loungers also gone from larger balconies. It’s a deal breaker for us.  Seriously   One of our real pleasures is lounging on the balcony with our feet up! We have one more cruise booked on X and then we’re done.  

Edited by ggo85
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I wonder if Eclipse still has them?

If they aren't on the Silhouette and Equinox, I doubt any S-Class or M-Class have them!!! We're sailing the Eclipse out of Boston in September and have already set my expectations not to be disappointed when we board.😔

We disembarked from the Silhouette Monday, 1/29.  As we were leaving our cabin, our room steward removed the foot stools from our concierge room.  Unfortunately we didn't ask the reason why.😕

• Like 1

I was told footstool was for safety reasons. Huh?  If you want to jump overboard, just stand on your chair.  There is still a small table about the size of a footstool.   I just don’t get it.  

I just use the second chair as a footstool, using a towel, of course. True luxury.  Not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Removing footstools?….   WTH.  (would have used another shortform but I m trying to be ladylike).     The chairs are not that comfortable without using a footstool. We too love sitting on the balcony, feet up, beverage in hand and watching the sea and relaxing.    Who thought this one up. 🤔.    dumb. dumb. dumb.  If someone wants to jump, they dont need a footstool.  If someone tripped over a footstool, stop being clumsy. One can move them out of the way.   

Is this another how can we pi** off our loyal passengers this week……

• Like 4

Since we only book 'regular' balcony cabins we've been taking inflatable footstools for quite some time.  Amazon is your friend as there are many options.  We just blow them up but you could bring a small hand pump too.

We also enjoy spending sea days on the balcony with our feet up. 

This is very disappointing…I just don’t get it!!!!we loved sitting on our veranda with our feet up on the Equinox when we were in Aquaclass…in January on the 
Beyond we were in a sky suite and had to use the tiny table to put our feet on….

Suggest all cruisers put it on the comment card. Sorry, but I’m not buying an inflatable stool nor hauling one with me. Every other line I’ve cruised on provides them. There are choices out there. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

Suggest all cruisers put it on the comment card. Sorry, but I’m not buying an inflatable stool nor hauling one with me. Every other line I’ve cruised on provides them. There are choices out there. 

Balconies never had foot stools , it was only concierge and above 

• Haha 1

If it's for safety reasons I guess they don't care if their suite passengers fall overboard! They all have footstools still (at least on S class). Or are they considered too sophisticated to do that???  Very disappointing for those of us who spend a lot of time relaxing on the balcony. 

• Like 2