No more footstools in Aqua class. First day on Silhoyou to discover that foot stools have been removed from the balconies. in

barbels

5 hours ago, Liao said:

I cannot tell if this is meant to be funny or not?  If not, are you truly considering cancelling a vacation because there is not a foot stool on the balcony?

Won’t be cancelling this one. But choosing Celebrity over the other lines we’ve used likely won’t be a thing if they continue to treat customers like we are all dumb. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Liao said:

I cannot tell if this is meant to be funny or not?  If not, are you truly considering cancelling a vacation because there is not a foot stool on the balcony?

Yes. It is meant to be a joke. Hence the Barry Manilow lyrics. 

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 2:04 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

But still no footstools for the 714 regular balcony cabins , which never had them 

IMG_6844.thumb.png.f99953dbaeee2467116399d39d31c1db.png

Mentioned this to you before but we HAD footstools in a balcony.  only time we booked balcony as friends we were travelling with did not want to pay for Aqua.   We HAD footstools. They Had footstools.  And was not before 2012.  

7 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Mentioned this to you before but we HAD footstools in a balcony.  only time we booked balcony as friends we were travelling with did not want to pay for Aqua.   We HAD footstools. They Had footstools.  And was not before 2012.  

Footstools are not a standard piece of furniture on balconies , it does not mean there could of been one 

4 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Will footstools be added to the E-Class ships? 

How many years have footstools been on balconies on cruise ships?

I doubt it. The balcony furniture is very different and not in a good way IMO. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Miss SeaBee said:

I'm really upset about this! I know it is such a "first world problem," but the foot stools were literally the ONLY reason I booked a concierge class cabin.  I will not book concierge again.  😞 

I'm not sure why people think that this is funny....

On an upcoming fall cruise, I too booked Concierge as it was the only way to get a footstool/ottoman on our large hump veranda. For the small price difference, it was easier than lugging my inflatable ones .... I could care less about the swill, I mean Sparkling Wine-oid product, embarkation lunch or  daily cheese poofs.

I guess the inflatables are going back into my luggage! 

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

On an upcoming fall cruise, I too booked Concierge as it was the only way to get a footstool/ottoman on our large hump veranda. For the small price difference, it was easier than lugging my inflatable ones .... I could care less about the swill, I mean Sparkling Wine-oid product, embarkation lunch or  daily cheese poofs.

Yes! I agree! I have a hump cabin. Could have booked same location on deck 8 for less money, but no footstool.  I don't care about any of the other amenities for concierge.  Went with deck 10, because it wasn't a whole lot more money, and it had a foot stool!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

It isn't funny for many of us. I spend hours on our balcony reading and relaxing and I want to be comfortable!

• Like 6

On 2/12/2024 at 6:08 AM, cruise47 said:

Will footstools be added to the E-Class ships? 

How many years have footstools been on balconies on cruise ships?

There is no space for footstools on E Class verandas. You would need to move the chair into the cabin in order to use them. 

11 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

There is no space for footstools on E Class verandas. You would need to move the chair into the cabin in order to use them. 

Agree for DPVs but not for SVs or SSs. 

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

No footstools on our SV on Ascent but did have 2 chairs, small table and 2 loungers. Much better than footstools.

But big enough for footstools if provided? The person I quoted was implying all E class ship balconies are too small to accommodate footstools. I know DPV are. Then again one footstool for two people would work. 🤣

On 2/15/2024 at 1:50 PM, doghog said:

Agree for DPVs but not for SVs or SSs. 

I was referencing the Infinite Veranda cabins. Sunset Veranda and all Suites have actual balconies and are much larger than the small verandas. The majority of the cabins on E Class ships are IV’s including Aqua, Concierge and IV. 

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

I was referencing the Infinite Veranda cabins. Sunset Veranda and all Suites have actual balconies and are much larger than the small verandas. The majority of the cabins on E Class ships are IV’s including Aqua, Concierge and IV. 

So do DPV. IVs aren't even verandas, IMO. 

What you said, "There is no space for footstools on E Class verandas" is different than referencing a IV categories.  That's why my response. 

Edited by doghog

On 2/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, RICCruisers said:

I thought that the chairs were already in the cabin 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on the Silhouette Feb. 12, until Feb. 22, 2024.  We were in AQUA 1523.  We had a two nice foot stools on our comfortable sized balcony.  We enjoyed the balcony nearly every day.  Our service was great in the cabin and included towels to use to cover the balcony chairs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We were on the Silhouette Feb. 12, until Feb. 22, 2024.  We were in AQUA 1523.  We had a two nice foot stools on our comfortable sized balcony.  We enjoyed the balcony nearly every day.  Our service was great in the cabin and included towels to use to cover the balcony chairs.

That's great to hear!