No more footstools in Aqua class. First day on Silhoyou to discover that foot stools have been removed from the balconies. in

barbels

4 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We were on the Silhouette Feb. 12, until Feb. 22, 2024.  We were in AQUA 1523.  We had a two nice foot stools on our comfortable sized balcony.  We enjoyed the balcony nearly every day.  Our service was great in the cabin and included towels to use to cover the balcony chairs.

Same with us, same cruise (which was wonderful!!) and we had footstools on balcony.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:08 AM, cruise47 said:

Will footstools be added to the E-Class ships? 

Nope.  There's no room for decent chairs on the IV balconies on E-class ships much less room for foot stools.  I think the fact that there's not room on the E-class ships is the reason they eliminated them from other ships.  It's obvious that Celebrity doesn't feel people use traditional balconies.  

26 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Nope.  There's no room for decent chairs on the IV balconies on E-class ships much less room for foot stools.  I think the fact that there's not room on the E-class ships is the reason they eliminated them from other ships.  It's obvious that Celebrity doesn't feel people use traditional balconies.  

I disagree. I think X doesn't want people to use their traditional balconies as much as they do. They want them out of their cabins spending money on the ship!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I disagree. I think X doesn't want people to use their traditional balconies as much as they do. They want them out of their cabins spending money on the ship!

Brilliant!

Take away the balconies so they spend money on the ship ...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Brilliant!

...and on M and S-class make the traditional balconies less comfortable so...

30 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Brilliant!

This would not cause me to spend more. I am not influenced by my surroundings or other people. I am my own person 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the argument that they are removed for safety reasons, note that I was just on Ascent docked in Cozumel right next to Icon of the Seas, the newest Royal ship.  Strangely enough, when I looked across from my footstool-less balcony, I saw footstools on their balconies!  If they are so dangerous, why are they putting them on their newest ship???  

I agree with the thought that since E class IV has no room for them, no one else can have them either.  Very, very frustrating and annoying for those of us like me who spend a lot of time on their REAL balconies and love to put my feet up and relax.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

As far as the argument that they are removed for safety reasons, note that I was just on Ascent docked in Cozumel right next to Icon of the Seas, the newest Royal ship.  Strangely enough, when I looked across from my footstool-less balcony, I saw footstools on their balconies!  If they are so dangerous, why are they putting them on their newest ship???  

I agree with the thought that since E class IV has no room for them, no one else can have them either.  Very, very frustrating and annoying for those of us like me who spend a lot of time on their REAL balconies and love to put my feet up and relax.

We bought these for our next cruise:

Amazon.com: CLAMZ MARKETING Foot Rest Travel Pillow Set - Travel Accessories Under Desk Foot Rest for Work & Travel - Adjustable Height - Pump, Mask, Storage Bag, earplugs : Home & Kitchen

I spent the day docked next to the Reflection in Saint Martin and I looked at their balconies.  I didn’t see footstools anywhere.  It also looked like the top two decks with cabins probably had been revolutionized. They were Aqua and Concierge cabins with the suites thrown in.  It appeared that all of the Aqua And Concierge class cabins had the new small tables but the remainder of the balcony cabins on the lower decks had the large table that is suitable for two people to enjoy a meal on the balcony.  I hope it lasts for awhile in those cabins.

• Like 1

First they remove the balconies and then the foot

18 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I spent the day docked next to the Reflection in Saint Martin and I looked at their balconies.  I didn’t see footstools anywhere.  It also looked like the top two decks with cabins probably had been revolutionized. They were Aqua and Concierge cabins with the suites thrown in.  It appeared that all of the Aqua And Concierge class cabins had the new small tables but the remainder of the balcony cabins on the lower decks had the large table that is suitable for two people to enjoy a meal on the balcony.  I hope it lasts for awhile in those cabins.

Does HAL have footstools?

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

First they remove the balconies and then the foot

Does HAL have footstools?

Doesn’t Virgin have hammocks?  I am insecure enough to never want to get on a hammock on a moving ship.  Seems much more dangerous than a footstool.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Reflection has not been revolutionized at all.  They did replace the balcony furniture on upper level cabins and suites with the new white, much less comfortable furniture.  Not to complain about her condition - she was in fine shape a couple weeks ago when I sailed her.  I just find the older balcony furniture so much more comfortable.

• Like 2

Can anyone currently on Celebrity Edge in an SV confirm if foot stools and  loungers are back on the balconies? Reading through this thread there is a lot of conflicting information.  Some say foot stools and loungers are gone and some say they are back.  I’m going to be on The Edge on May 1 and really looking forward to spending lots of time on the balcony.  

Thanks

• Like 2

The suite deck furniture on Reflection looks great but very uncomfortable to sit in.  Hard to decide which chairs are worse.  We used a chair as a footstool. We love sitting on our balcony. Moving on from X.  It’s that much of a dealbreaker for us.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mh5678 said:

Can anyone currently on Celebrity Edge in an SV confirm if foot stools and  loungers are back on the balconies? Reading through this thread there is a lot of conflicting information.  Some say foot stools and loungers are gone and some say they are back.  I’m going to be on The Edge on May 1 and really looking forward to spending lots of time on the balcony.  

Thanks

We board on Sunday and I will try to find out for you.

Added note:  We are currently in Sydney.  Ovation of the Seas was in port today.  All of the balcony cabins have footstools (see pic). The larger suites have lounge chairs as well.  So apparently, any actions regarding footstools and lounge chairs is not RCI wide.

IMG_5647.jpeg

On 2/2/2024 at 4:38 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

10 years ago they didn’t have foot stools on balconies 

yes they did. We sailed a B2B on Solstice 12 years ago in CC class and Aqua and has stools for both

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

Added note:  We are currently in Sydney.  Ovation of the Seas was in port today.  All of the balcony cabins have footstools (see pic). The larger suites have lounge chairs as well.  So apparently, any actions regarding footstools and lounge chairs is not RCI wide.

IMG_5647.jpeg

Did they take from Peter to pay Paul?  Coincidence that X has removed the 'stools' and supplied Ovation?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Did they take from Peter to pay Paul?  Coincidence that X has removed the 'stools' and supplied Ovation?

I doubt it.  I suspect Ovation got new footstools.  I’m of the belief that the footstools disappeared because of the E-class ships.  There’s barely room for the silly doll house furniture in the IV balcony area, so they eliminated footstools for everyone.  

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1