No more footstools in Aqua class. First day on Silhoyou to discover that foot stools have been removed from the balconies. in

barbels

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That Must of been before 2012 

no it wasnt.      We sailed with friends who did not want to pay for Aqua, so balcony.    We had footstools

• Like 2

Another reduction in the product.  Celebrity doesn’t want you to sit comfortably on your real verandah.  The more time you spend on your verandah, the less time you may be partaking in the ever gaining revenue generating activities.  We love watching the world float by in a chair with a foot stool and/or lounger on a real balcony.  I have used some of the extra silly Hoppen tables/stools from the cabin as foot rests on the M Class.  Something in the Modern Luxury feeling is lost when you have to schlep inflatable foot rests on your cruise.  Be sure to make your thoughts known to the corporate office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I sent an email off to the executive office. Heard back from

Geidy Xenes
Executive Representative
Celebrity Cruises
Tel: 305-614-1343

She basically could only say she was sorry but that they wanted folk to let them know if they were unhappy with this change so they could track responses.
So let her know!
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Geidy Xenes
Executive Representative
Celebrity Cruises

She basically could only say she was sorry but that they wanted folk to let them know if they were unhappy with this change so they could track responses.
So let her know!

I just emailed executiveoffice@celebrity.com to let them know I’m disappointed with the removal of foot stools. 

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Geidy Xenes
Executive Representative
Celebrity Cruises

So let her know!

Any reason given? 

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Geidy Xenes
Executive Representative
Celebrity Cruises
Tel: 305-614-1343

So let her know!

I sent an email to this effect some days ago to the President's Office, with no reply or acknowledgement of receipt.

FYI....I just sent a copy of the note to the Engagement Centre and the address posted above.  Thanks for the link.

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

So let her know!

I agree. No matter the issue/change. Other CC members including myself have Emailed the executive office before with other complaints/concerns. A few I believe were reversed based on voicing our concerns/complaints. 

• Like 1

Me too...but my email also contained removal of loungers from cabins/suites with larger balconies, along with possibly sharing with the Celebrity Community the rationale.  Why do we have to guess, prompting all kinds of responses...good, bad and ugly.  All this does is continually start and embellish rumors!

• Like 2

I just received a call from the office of Laura Hodges this morning at 7:20.  Footstools are being removed for safety issues, along with all loungers, even in the upper suites due to safety.  There have been a preponderance of injuries among all age groups fleet wide, along with everywhere that Celebrity sails.  The removal of these items has nothing to do with cabin/suite class amenities or features.  This is not limited to Celebrity.  

We talked for about 10 minutes.  I wanted her to know that it looks like Celebrity is cutting back on so many things, so foot stools and loungers just seem to be part of plan.  I also said that it would be nice if Celebrity shared reasons for these items being eliminated, so cruise passengers would know rather than trying to guess the rationale behind removal.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I just received a call from the office of Laura Hodges this morning at 7:20.  Footstools are being removed for safety issues, along with all loungers, even in the upper suites due to safety.  There have been a preponderance of injuries among all age groups fleet wide, along with everywhere that Celebrity sails.  The removal of these items has nothing to do with cabin/suite class amenities or features.  This is not limited to Celebrity.  

We talked for about 10 minutes.  I wanted her to know that it looks like Celebrity is cutting back on so many things, so foot stools and loungers just seem to be part of plan.  I also said that it would be nice if Celebrity shared reasons for these items being eliminated, so cruise passengers would know rather than trying to guess the rationale behind removal.

Sorry but that’s ridiculous. Safety reasons! I’ll sign a waiver. I can manage to maneuver around my balcony safely!! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Sorry but that’s ridiculous. Safety reasons! I’ll sign a waiver. I can manage to maneuver around my balcony safely!! 

I got a call this AM about my email to the executive offices as well. I heard the same "safety issues" nonsense and in fact offered to sign a waiver. They said still a hard no and likened the safety issues with the footstools to the safety issues that made them disallow smoking in cabins due to fire safety. That is just ridiculous!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I got a call this AM about my email to the executive offices as well. I heard the same "safety issues" nonsense and in fact offered to sign a waiver. They said still a hard no and likened the safety issues with the footstools to the safety issues that made them disallow smoking in cabins due to fire safety. That is just ridiculous!!!! 

It truly is. Are we 5 years old!!  This might be a deal breaker for us. We sailed Beyond in January in an SV. We were looking forward to spending a lot of time on loungers on our balcony as we knew it would be a very full ship, which it was. Nope. Was told no loungers safety issue and the chairs they have on those balconies are terrible. What is Celebrity doing!!! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

But of course they aren't removing loungers from the pool deck because there's no safety issue there.  

Yes, pave the pool deck with loungers so close together that a person cannot walk between them to sit down and that's okay, but a footstool on a balcony is a safety issue. That would be laughable if it wasn't so ridiculous. I told them that the optics of this is that X wants to make the cabins as uncomfortable as possible to make passengers leave their cabins and spend money. I asked whether they would remove the beds from the cabins if people tripped over them! Way more people trip into and out of the raised bathroom doors than trip on footstools! Are bathrooms next to go?

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yes, pave the pool deck with loungers so close together that a person cannot walk between them to sit down and that's okay, but a footstool on a balcony is a safety issue. That would be laughable if it wasn't so ridiculous. I told them that the optics of this is that X wants to make the cabins as uncomfortable as possible to make passengers leave their cabins and spend money. I asked whether they would remove the beds from the cabins if people tripped over them! Way more people trip into and out of the raised bathroom doors than trip on footstools! Are bathrooms next to go?

Those tubs are a huge issue too; I am always very careful!  If I were to fall, I have insurance.

Edited by Lastdance

34 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Unfortunately, no waivers either.  We have signed waivers before, but those were due to Covid and staying onboard rather than having to depart in Azores.  Yes, you, me and others can maneuver just fine, but those who cannot follow the rules are now making them for us.  

Edited by Lastdance

Not surprised they are claiming safety issues as that is something harder to refute.  But it is absolutely ridiculous, especially on the larger balconies.  If you remove everything that is a tripping hazard, we'll have a mattress on the floor at best -- maybe.  As others have said, this takes away from the experience of sailing with a balcony. So disappointing and unnecessary.

• Like 4