No more footstools in Aqua class. First day on Silhoyou to discover that foot stools have been removed from the balconies. in

barbels

16 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Their answer would probably be "it makes it roomier, which our guests prefer."  Guess it's inflatable beachball time.  

I remember having a beachball 13 years🤣

, it was ok to use 

We just got off Equinox last Saturday, concierge cabin. Foot stools were removed on the last day. Our cabin attender said that they were removed for maintenance 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barbels said:

They just removed them. 

Tes he said they were removed for safety reasons. someone must have fallen and sued them. 

One would have to stand on the footstool and the lean over the rail.  But one could also do that with a chair or lounger.  But sounds like they didn’t remove chairs or loungers.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 6:15 PM, ajconova said:

We just got off Equinox last Saturday, concierge cabin. Foot stools were removed on the last day. Our cabin attender said that they were removed for maintenance 🤔

Yes, we had them for our B2B in January.  But the were removed the night before debarkation.

Just now, EatonDoolittle said:

I have something similar that I have brought for longer trips. Folds up and packs easily. Just saw some cheaper alternatives on Amazon also. I feel like a beach ball would require constant shifting of the feet. . 

image.png.22c1ad32a4394544889942224949c2f5.png

What a shame it's come to a 'bring your own' footstool.  Next we'll be slinging a fold up chair which will recline.  Hopefully the recliner chairs won't be next replaced by the E class style of comfort.  I wonder if this is only on Equinox and not across the S class ships?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

What a shame it's come to a 'bring your own' footstool.  Next we'll be slinging a fold up chair which will recline.  Hopefully the recliner chairs won't be next replaced by the E class style of comfort.  I wonder if this is only on Equinox and not across the S class ships?

Right? We were in a SV on Beyond in January and were told we could not have a lounge  chair due to safety as a guest hurt themselves. Now footstools! Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

The footstools were removed from standard  balconies some time ago. Our solution(s) to the issue to date has been:

1) tell the Steward on the first day that you would like 2 footstools and would pay $20 if they could get us them. Usually took around 20 minutes to arrive.

2) since we now have "disability assistance" we ask for the footstools when we submit the Disability Form that includes the size, weight of our Rollator.

3) the "cage" under the bed that holds the life jackets with a cushion/pillow on top works pretty well - just don't leave it out overnight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

The footstools were removed from standard  balconies some time ago. Our solution(s) to the issue to date has been:

1) tell the Steward on the first day that you would like 2 footstools and would pay $20 if they could get us them. Usually took around 20 minutes to arrive.

2) since we now have "disability assistance" we ask for the footstools when we submit the Disability Form that includes the size, weight of our Rollator.

3) the "cage" under the bed that holds the life jackets with a cushion/pillow on top works pretty well - just don't leave it out overnight.

We were on Silhouette in Nov. '23 and chairs and footstools were on our balcony then.  Asked for a lounger and steward 'tried' to get one, but he said he was 'caught' coming down the back stairs with it...LOL....and had to return it.  Now I have to resort to paying for footstools to be abducted from somewhere they are hiding them.

• Haha 1

Not paying for a footstool or bringing our own. 🙄 What's next, the small table on the balcony. Not buying it's a safety concern either. How about a fuel savings cost. Some bean counter must have added the weight of all the footstools and decided they could save a few pennies in fuel costs. 🤣

Edited by doghog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Yes, so many changes lead to frustrations, except if you are a newbie.  Also, having a fat wallet doesn’t hurt either.  We always have insurance; wouldn’t that cover the cost of a trip or fall.  If you did not have adequate coverage that’s on you.  It would be nice to know exactly what caused the rest of us who enjoy footstools and loungers to understand how we lost both, but I am sure there was some sort of settlement...Why book a Sunset Suite, or SV unless you enjoy those chairs.  Our last S1 did not have any loungers, but of course we did not know that ahead of time.

Edited by Lastdance

One of my pleasures, especailly on sea days, was reclining the lounge chair a little and use the footstool while reading a great book!!  Little by little things that made Celebrity our cruise line of choice seem to be slipping away!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Yes, so many changes lead to frustrations, except if you are a newbie.  Also, having a fat wallet doesn’t hurt either.  We always have insurance; wouldn’t that cover the cost of a trip or fall.  If you did not have adequate coverage that’s on you.  It would be nice to know exactly what caused the rest of us who enjoy footstools and loungers to understand how we lost both, but I am sure there was some sort of settlement...Why book a Sunset Suite, or SV unless you enjoy those chairs.  Our last S1 did not have any loungers, but of course we did not know that ahead of time.

Insurance may cover the cost of a fall but that's it.  Filling suit against a corporation is more lucrative, unfortunately that's what happens all too often.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Insurance may cover the cost of a fall but that's it.  Filling suit against a corporation is more lucrative, unfortunately that's what happens all too often.

No doubt about that!