Rotterdam hotel close to either Holland terminal or train station

We are cruising into Rotterdam in April and need lodging for April 27, 2024. We will come from the port and on the 28th will travel to Amsterdam using best available transportation. Need suggestions 

The best place to ask about hotels in a particular city is at the "Ports of Call" forum here on Cruise Critic. You will get many more responses from all cruisers, not just HAL.

Here is the link for the Western Europe forum for Amsterdam or Rotterdam.

British Isles/Western Europe - Cruise Critic Community

Have a great trip!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kr1sta1ynn said:

We are cruising into Rotterdam in April and need lodging for April 27, 2024. We will come from the port and on the 28th will travel to Amsterdam using best available transportation. Need suggestions 

You will have hit the jackpot arriving on 27th April, its Kings Day! Hotel New York is a pretty wonderful experience.

https://aboutnl.com/the-essential-guide-to-kings-day-in-the-netherlands/

happy planning

• Like 1

We are staying on the old SS Rotterdam V which is turned into a hotel. It is close to the train station & it's close to where your ship docks on arrival.

• Like 2

Upvote for the old HAL Rotterdam which has been converted into a hotel.  It is called the SS Rotterdam by Westcord.  Here's some links:  https://whatsinport.com/Rotterdam.htm  and https://ssrotterdam.com and transfer from AMS to Rotterdam - https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Amsterdam-Schiphol-Airport-AMS/Rotterdam  Make sure to check out the subway on google maps.  Everything is pretty convenient.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kr1sta1ynn said:

Kings Day is like Mardi Gras - kind of wild and crazy.  Hotel prices are really high so get your reservation in as soon as possible

you can check out Bilderberg Parkhotel, location ist between Cruise terminal and central station. I have not yet stayed there but will in June pre-cruise  because of great location and reviews - and the rates are affordable

4 hours ago, ski ww said:

We are staying on the old SS Rotterdam V which is turned into a hotel. It is close to the train station & it's close to where your ship docks on arrival.

We are staying there as well for our upcoming Rotterdam cruise in May.

nHow is my first choice. From breakfast you can look in the stern windows.

Also closest to trams for a trip into the train station.

Lots of places to eat across the street.

Old Rotterdam has no AC so is hot and stuffy and you will probably get an inside room.

But a nice outside deck for lunch.(that can be crowded)

Out in nowhere. Cab ride, shuttle wasn't available in 22.

NyNY, well you could say that you have stayed there.

Not bad to terminal. I hate thinking about a cab to a place I can see.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 3:01 AM, cruiseaholic78 said:

You will have hit the jackpot arriving on 27th April, its Kings Day! Hotel New York is a pretty wonderful experience.

https://aboutnl.com/the-essential-guide-to-kings-day-in-the-netherlands/

happy planning

Wow.  I’m sorry I read that link.  It sounds like my idea of a nightmare.  😂

1 hour ago, lovebeagles said:

we are staying at the Hilton 

It is close to Central D

Station and the Cruise Port

Are you referring to Amsterdam? OP was asking about Rotterdam.  The Hilton in Rotterdam is close to Centraal Station Rotterdam but not that close to the cruise port.  However, the Doubletree by Hilton in Amsterdam is close to Amsterdam Centraal Station and Amsterdam cruise terminal as is the Movenpick hotel.  Amsterdam Hilton is close to neither.

Posted (edited)

Here’s an older Thread with some suggestions: 

It’s been a number of years, but we have stayed at the Inntel, now MaasHotel, in Rotterdam a couple of times. 

Edited by syesmar

• 4 weeks later...

I’m on same ship and will be staying in Rotterdam for four nights 4/27-5/1) My choice is the Holiday Inn Express about a 6 minute walk from the Central Train Station. It’s reasonable and one of the few hotels to offer breakfast.