I wish Carnival would go back to Adult Only aft pools on all their ships!

pe4all

Just off Magic, and I have never seen so many children in the aft pool and hot tubs. Many of the kids were unsupervised.   I miss the good old days when that area was adult only.  Just sayin'.  And yes, I know the "larger, newer" ships have aft areas that don't allow kids - had Havana on Horizon and loved it.  However, did not like how large the ship was.  Guess I can't have it both ways.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

The adults only aft pool on the Glory was my wife favorite part of that ship.  She really loves the Havana area on Vista class ships.

Totally agree.  I know there is Serenity on the ships but no pool

there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Totally agree.  I know there is Serenity on the ships but no pool

there.

Book yourself Spirit class and you get the best of both worlds aft serenity with pool! I booked Jan 26th 2025 Miracle out of Galveston 12 nice days in Jan and probably almost no kids and goes to  the ABC islands. Perfect for me.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I thought there was an age limit for the hot tubs. I rarely get in them because of the kids.  Besides, you don't know what the kids do in the tubs.  I guess they are good babysitters.

You've never seen a guy drink a 12 pack and never leave the hot tub? It's not just the kids 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

You've never seen a guy drink a 12 pack and never leave the hot tub? It's not just the kids 😉 

Ack!!! Are you speaking from experience?? 😃  That's why we stick mainly to the thelossotherapy pool in the spa. 🙃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Ack!!! Are you speaking from experience?? 😃  That's why we stick mainly to the thelossotherapy pool in the spa. 🙃

Nope, at 57 my days of drinking a 12er are behind me now. Sounds good on paper but my body has other ideas! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I thought there was an age limit for the hot tubs. I rarely get in them because of the kids.  Besides, you don't know what the kids do in the tubs.  I guess they are good babysitters.

Same goes for adults. Haven't you ever seen the big ol' fella in the hot tub ordering buckets of beer at a time for hours on end and yet never seems to have the urge to leave to go to the restroom? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a parent, I appreciate having multiple pool options for my children. Since my kids are not feral, we pick whichever pool is quieter.  That's why we pick RCCL, NCL or Carnival ships with climbing walls, water parks and ropes courses. Seems like they are geared towards families.  When I reach the "Get off my lawn!" phase of life, I'll probably try sailing different lines, or smaller ships that don't market themselves as family cruises. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

In my experience, it seems like more kids go to the aft pool than any other pool.

I have to agree with you.  The Lido mid-ship pool had hardly any kids, while the aft pool was filled. Maybe the aft water was warmer. (and I don't want to guess why!)  The hot tubs (which I personally never use) were wall-to-wall kids.  I was also surprised at how many kids were in the aft pool in the evening (after dark) - with no parents watching them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

This!! Never seen a hot tub on a ship be the proper temp. 

If they were actual hot tubs then people wouldn't be sitting in them for hours on end drinking and never getting out to use the bathroom. And kids wouldn't be in them at all, or at least not for long. Carnival wants them to be chamber pots though I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/8/2024 at 10:06 AM, mz-s said:

If they make the hot tubs actually hot and not just bath water warm, then it will solve all the problems people are mentioning in this thread.

If the tubs were actually hot, I'd imagine Carnival would have worse problems on their hands. Hot weather, hot water, alcohol, obesity. That's not going to end well. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 9:58 AM, anastasia3939 said:

As a parent, I appreciate having multiple pool options for my children. Since my kids are not feral, we pick whichever pool is quieter.  That's why we pick RCCL, NCL or Carnival ships with climbing walls, water parks and ropes courses. Seems like they are geared towards families.  When I reach the "Get off my lawn!" phase of life, I'll probably try sailing different lines, or smaller ships that don't market themselves as family cruises. 🤷‍♀️

Sounds like you are with your kids, though? The complaints are about unaccompanied kids.

6 hours ago, Joebucks said:

If the tubs were actually hot, I'd imagine Carnival would have worse problems on their hands. Hot weather, hot water, alcohol, obesity. That's not going to end well. 

BIngo! And then if someone ends up dead the family then sues carnival. 

Thank goodness for serenity area existing. But the adults only pool and hot tubs are a favorite thing about the Conquest class for me. 

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Sounds like you are with your kids, though? The complaints are about unaccompanied kids.

Um, I was responding to “I wish Carnival would go back to Adult Only aft pools on all their ships!” 
Adult only. Not accompanied or non-accompanied. 

16 hours ago, Joebucks said:

So hot tubs kill fat drunk people?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1