PCC questions and replacement

Toad

I booked our cruise about four months ago with a new PCC, because my old PCC was no longer with the company.  I have called for the last three days and requested a call. I haven’t received one.  Now I am getting a bit aggravated. Has anyone ever changed PCC’s after booking? Do PCC’s make a commission on cruises booked, or are they on salary? I have never called since booking and wonder if PCC’s have no motivation to call once you are booked. 

There have been threads here in which half complain about their PCC, and the other half (maybe its 1/3) like their PCC. When my PCC wasn't returning calls, I called the general PCC number instead of entering an extension just held until someone picked up.

Then I asked for a supervisor, and was asked if the person could take a message. I said no, I was willing to hold for however long it took to get a supervisor. It took a while, but when the supervisor came on the call I explained and was immediately assigned a new PCC who has been very attentive. And I was told that my previous PCC would not be blamed or punished.

• Like 3

Our HAL PCC uses an appointment booking system that some PCC's with HAL started trialing maybe a year ago. I really like it, easy to just go to the site and select a time/day for her to call us with a note saying what it with regards to.

If you get a new PCC you may want to ask for one who can schedule call backs if that works for you. I HATE phone tag and/or being called at some random (usually bad) time.

Edited by rodndonna
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

There have been threads here in which half complain about their PCC, and the other half (maybe its 1/3) like their PCC. When my PCC wasn't returning calls, I called the general PCC number instead of entering an extension just held until someone picked up.

Then I asked for a supervisor, and was asked if the person could take a message. I said no, I was willing to hold for however long it took to get a supervisor. It took a while, but when the supervisor came on the call I explained and was immediately assigned a new PCC who has been very attentive. And I was told that my previous PCC would not be blamed or punished.

This is probably a good idea…. I did call the general number and they told me my PCC would definitely call today. If not I will try that tomorrow. I really am a bit po.

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

Our HAL PCC uses an appointment booking system that some PCC's with HAL started trialing maybe a year ago. I really like it, easy to just go to the site and select a time/day for her to call us with a note saying what it with regards to.

If you get a new PCC you may want to ask for one who can schedule call backs if that works for you. I HATE phone tag and/or being called at some random (usually bad) time.

Yes I hate the random call thing too.

Ditto regarding the random calls!  They very rarely come at a convenient time.  And I just received my first email with the new scheduling system yesterday!  “Strangely” enough…. not long after I had to ignore a call from Seattle.  Guess he noticed my activity.  lol

I find a good way to get your PCC’s attention is to click on email links and view specific itineraries.  That alerts the bot to generate offers and notifications.

@Toad, I hope your PCC experience turns around and they turn out to be great. When my old PCC left, and I was assigned a new one, I wasn’t too thrilled with him at first.  Now I think he’s awesome.  Good luck!

Our PCC was wonderful and we had been with him for years.    He left HAL for a year and in that year we had THREE different PCC - like a revolving door.   I discovered that Jim Picicci had returned!  Called had to speak to a couple of people and got reassigned to Jim.  He immediately called me thanking me for seeking him out.   I highly recommend him.  

I recently scheduled a call with my PCC and he called me promptly on time.  Originally I tried calling him direct but he was not available.  If it's a new system it worked well 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

Our PCC was wonderful and we had been with him for years.    He left HAL for a year and in that year we had THREE different PCC - like a revolving door.   I discovered that Jim Picicci had returned!  Called had to speak to a couple of people and got reassigned to Jim.  He immediately called me thanking me for seeking him out.   I highly recommend him.  

Jim was also mine.   Now I have a decision to make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toad said:

Well, I waited all day, and the promised call never came. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry to hear that.  I see a couple of mentions of an accomplished PCC in this thread.  Maybe you could take advantage of that information.

Editing to add:  If your PCC is located on the west coast, it’s only 4:00pm there so they still have a couple of hours.  Also thought I’d mention that my PCC has been known to call me up until 9:00pm EST (he’s based in Seattle) when he’s busy.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Thanks 1

According to my PCC’s phone message, her hours are 7AM to 3:30 PM pacific time.  Since it is now 7:00PM EST I am guessing I will not get a call.  I will try for one of the recommended agents tomorrow 

Edited by Toad

7 hours ago, Toad said:

This is probably a good idea…. I did call the general number and they told me my PCC would definitely call today. If not I will try that tomorrow. I really am a bit po.

I agree w/others that PCC don't get commission, but they do have some sort of numbers they're held to. Also agree there seem to be a large number of "bad" or ineffective PCCs (mine is in this category) but there are some good ones.

They don't work weekends, so you may want to consider that when trying to contact one. Leave yourself enough business time that you can hold for one to help you if yours doesn't call tomorrow.  

2 hours ago, Toad said:

Plan on it tomorrow morning. Thank you.  Is her the west coast?

Yes,  Jim is west coast.   You will have to speak with a supervisor to get moved but it’s pretty simple.  JPicicci@Hollandamerica.com

• Like 1

Sorry you are having such issues getting a response from your PCC.  I am wondering if you could find a local travel agent that would be more helpful and also in your time zone.  Hope you get the answer that you need.

7 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

Yes,  Jim is west coast.   You will have to speak with a supervisor to get moved but it’s pretty simple.  JPicicci@Hollandamerica.com

Thank you Gigi. I hope this works!

• Like 1

Finally spoke with a supervisor at HAL, who was very nice and transferred my booking. She told me I would hear from my new PCC in a few hours.  Thanks to all my CC friends I was getting so frustrated. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

We're not supposed to mention PCCs names, but I used to have Jim.  I'd love to get him back.  Gal I have is OK but I'd much prefer him.  Going to try that this afternoon.