Important Beer Question 🍺

Hi folks we are packing for our cruise on NS this weekend and wanted to make sure we remembered to pack beer cozies/koozies. Does anyone know if beer is served in a can, a tin bottle or a glass bottle. We have cozies for all types, but we don’t want to pack what we don’t need. 

first world problem I know. But cold beer is imperative 😉 

• Like 1

In my experience, they bring the beer and a glass to the table and pour it in the glass. You would have to tell them to leave it in the bottle. Don’t think I have seen a can of beer on a cruise 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

In my experience, they bring the beer and a glass to the table and pour it in the glass. You would have to tell them to leave it in the bottle. Don’t think I have seen a can of beer on a cruise 

There is a major push towards aluminum cans. They're much happier on a ship- no glass breakage, easily compressed as waste.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

So if we didn’t want it in a glass, it’s in a bottle?

More likely to be aluminum. The shape may vary. A number of companies have released aluminum or alloy bottles that closely resemble the shape of traditional glass bottles. They obviously do not feel the same.

15 minutes ago, sciencewonk said:

A heathen question.  What are cozies/koozies?  Are they those little wet suits for cans and bottles?

Exactly!  And they work great when cruising in tropical weather!

• Like 1

Some are in bottles and some are in cans. Budlight, bud, miller light definitely were in cans( 16oz tall boy cans, not the aluminum bottle cans), which made it difficult to use coozie. Corona was in a 12oz bottle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

A heathen question.  What are cozies/koozies?  Are they those little wet suits for cans and bottles?

What a great term, thanks sciencewonk. I hope I can remember to call them wet suits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Hi folks we are packing for our cruise on NS this weekend and wanted to make sure we remembered to pack beer cozies/koozies. Does anyone know if beer is served in a can, a tin bottle or a glass bottle. We have cozies for all types, but we don’t want to pack what we don’t need. 

first world problem I know. But cold beer is imperative 😉 

I admire your dedication to coozies.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, whogo said:

What a great term, thanks sciencewonk. I hope I can remember to call them wet suits.

Never heard anybody call them wet suits. I expect sciencewonk was just describing what they are made from - wet suit type material. Aussies call them stubby holders, Americans koozies. Check their history out in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koozie#:~:text=A koozie ( %2Fˈkuː,like a can or bottle.

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Here’s the setup on the Zaandam this morning at the SeaView Bar. 

IMG_4803.jpeg

I know they don't have any craft beers, but do any of the bars have any locally sourced beers, as of that lot, Guinness is the only one I will drink.

We just returned from a cruise on the Eurodam. Everything was great and we had no real complaints; however, I did make a suggestion on my review. I truly enjoy trying local beers on every port we visit. So I suggested that Holland should consider offering beers on the ship that reflect the itinerary. Our next cruise is October on the Rotterdam, so I would love to see them implement this plan.

• Like 1

So you can see the beers are in bottles or cans or draft. The drafts is always in a glass or plasti f it near a pool. The cans and bottles are served (if you wish) in a glass. or plastic near the pool.

On my last cruise the draft was Heineken and not very cold served and not in all the bars.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

I know they don't have any craft beers, but do any of the bars have any locally sourced beers, as of that lot, Guinness is the only one I will drink.

when I went to Alaska, the did have Alaskan Brewing Company beer on board on the Eurodam... Can't say if the do this on other Itineraries

1 minute ago, Langham1865 said:

when I went to Alaska, the did have Alaskan Brewing Company beer on board on the Eurodam... Can't say if the do this on other Itineraries

Thanks - Alaskan brewing has some pleasant ales, but unfortunately I'm doing South America and Antarctica. Can always hope.