New 3rd dining time for traditional dining

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

7:45 second seating for traditional dining currently on Wonder is deck 3 and deck 5.  

We're on Liberty and some members (it's 4 separate bookings) were in late traditional dining at 8:30 I believe.  I was calling to get us all in MTD to eat a bit earlier but not early traditional dining early.  I had asked about reservations and the rep said 7:45 was the earliest available (which seemed odd for a cruise 5 months out).  When I got off the call and checked the reservation in the app is now says traditional dining 7:45.

maybe I need to email rcldining

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I understand it has not started on Wonder, but they may be planning to roll it out🤷‍♀️.  
A small pilot program could have been done sometime 

Unfortunately @cruiseboy89130 provide second hand inaccurate info. "...It is already available on Wonder..."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I understand it has not started on Wonder, but they may be planning to roll it out🤷‍♀️.  
A small pilot program could have been done sometime 

This was the OPs statement:   It is already available on Wonder

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, doghog said:

We'd like to see RC got back to 6:PM and 8:30 PM TD and same times for MTD. We hate the later start time for MTD and not thrilled with the 5:30 start time for early TD. But we've gone back to early TD. We don't cruise on the huge ships. Freedom class is the biggest we've been on. 

We would love 5:30 or earlier for a start time. Some people like to eat early.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

We would love 5:30 or earlier for a start time. Some people like to eat early.

We like to eat early also. 6:PM is late for us in our everyday lives. But not while on a cruise. 6:PM is perfect for us. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, doghog said:

Unfortunately @cruiseboy89130 provide second hand inaccurate info. "...It is already available on Wonder..."

And she has corrected that firmly and repeatedly.  Perhaps she wishes to go correct the blog writer, too, but meanwhile maybe the rest of us can move on with the discussion🤣🤣🤣Discussing should be what we do best, right?

My prior post speculated how the early, middle, late times might work if and when it they roll it out.  Late dining might actually be late again; true late diners might like that.  The middle dining might be a popular choice, and might remove some people from early dining.  Dare to dream… maybe it might move enough people from early dining that MTD might start at a better time again?  Nah, that’s probably a pipe dream🤣

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, doghog said:

We'd like to see RC got back to 6:PM and 8:30 PM TD and same times for MTD. We hate the later start time for MTD and not thrilled with the 5:30 start time for early TD. But we've gone back to early TD. We don't cruise on the huge ships. Freedom class is the biggest we've been on. 

We always did the MTD until they changed it to the late seating times (7pm & later). We since changed to the early seating. I wonder once implemented, if they will phase out MTD altogether and you will just pick 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

23 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

And she has corrected that firmly and repeatedly.  Perhaps she wishes to go correct the blog writer, too, but meanwhile maybe the rest of us can move on with the discussion🤣🤣🤣Discussing should be what we do best, right?

My prior post speculated how the early, middle, late times might work if and when it they roll it out.  Late dining might actually be late again; true late diners might like that.  The middle dining might be a popular choice, and might remove some people from early dining.  Dare to dream… maybe it might move enough people from early dining that MTD might start at a better time again?  Nah, that’s probably a pipe dream🤣

@cruiseboy89130 is a she? Which  post did @cruiseboy89130  correct it in? I missed that one. 

"...It is already available on Wonder..."

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

We always did the MTD until they changed it to the late seating times (7pm & later). We since changed to the early seating. I wonder once implemented, if they will phase out MTD altogether and you will just pick 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 

17 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yeah, I would love to win the Lottery too.   Dreaming is fun...but posting false information is not.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I wonder how folks will respond to this “mid time” as it doesn’t seem to coordinate well with the 2 set listed times for evening entertainment 

Not such a huge issue on Oasis class as the main shows all tend to have at least one post-10pm performance.

But yes, it would be an issue on the smaller ships although I guess plenty of people don’t go to the shows.

I think the whole show thing is changing too. We used to always do dinner followed by the show and the shows were nightly. That's not necessarily the case any more. On our last few cruises there have been nights when there was no show to go to.

1 hour ago, doghog said:

@cruiseboy89130 is a she? Which  post did @cruiseboy89130  correct it in? I missed that one. 

"...It is already available on Wonder..."

Island lady has corrected the record pretty throughly.  She corrected cruiseboy.  For good measure, she seems to have corrected me (even though so didn’t make the actual misstatement, LOL).  Can we move on, dog?

Edited by Starry Eyes

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I would love to win the Lottery too.   Dreaming is fun...but posting false information is not.  

What false information did I post?

I never said the program is currently available on Wonder.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I wonder how folks will respond to this “mid time” as it doesn’t seem to coordinate well with the 2 set listed times for evening entertainment 

Not everyone goes to the entertainment. 

Entertainment is complicated.  We don't go to most shows, but I would like the option.

On Odessey and Oasis, the early showtimes always conflicted with our 8:00 CK dinner.  The late shows were too late.  

I prefer the Radiance class theater shows at 7 PM and 9 PM and adult shows at 10:00.  Not much variety, but we had options.

• Like 1

This is essentially what we had on Adventure last week.  We had 6:45 MTD pre-booked everyday.  The headwaiter set us up at the same table and we could walk strait into the MDR without waiting in the "reservations line" at the entrance.  It was perfect for us.  5:00 is too early and 8:00 is too late.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It wasn't on the Wonder a few weeks ago, but it would be perfect for us. 

Hope it is implemented fleet wide soon. 

I read an article about  the new dinner time it  mentioned a  60-75 minute dinner teem allotment. I thought the new streamlined menu was to speed up dinner to less than an hour.  At least that's what we were all told. 

M

I'd hate to be rushed. We take longer than an hour to eat at home. It's our time to unwind and enjoy. Plus my husband eats very slowly.  We've always enjoyed the relaxed slower timing of the MDR.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

We have fixed time dining, how do we know which table are we allocated? Is it on the card? And can we change the table before the first dinner if we do not like the location? How to do that?

Yes, it'll be on your seapass card.  I've never tried but I imagine you could change subject availability. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

We have fixed time dining, how do we know which table are we allocated? Is it on the card? And can we change the table before the first dinner if we do not like the location? How to do that?

Simply go to the MDr when you board, check out table location and if you want to move ask them.    We have done this several times.

Be prepared for a line of others doing the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Island lady has corrected the record pretty throughly.  She corrected cruiseboy.  For good measure, she seems to have corrected me (even though so didn’t make the actual misstatement, LOL).  Can we move on, dog?

I wasn't talking about @island lady.  I know Pat corrected the fake news that @cruiseboy89130 posted, as I knew she would. I have moved on Starry. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 1